[COMPLETE] The Reader's Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1 by Various - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Grevicci

Post by Grevicci »

Greetings!

May I stake a claim to Section 18 (The Firefly’s Light by William R. Ringle)?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Grevicci wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:26 pm Greetings!

Thank you!

And how would you like to be credited? I can create your reader page. It could be your name or a pseudonym. I can also attach a website link you have as well :D
Grevicci

Post by Grevicci »

ej400 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:31 pm
Grevicci wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:26 pm Greetings!

Thank you!

And how would you like to be credited? I can create your reader page. It could be your name or a pseudonym. I can also attach a website link you have as well :D
I'll use Grevicci please.Thanks!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Grevicci wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 9:55 am I'll use Grevicci please.Thanks!
Perfect! And here is your reader page https://librivox.org/sections/readers/19102

Thank you!

Let me know if you have any questions :D
JoyceTBates

Post by JoyceTBates »

Hi icequeen,
Joyce Bates here. I've gotten the ok on my 1 minute test. I would like to claim section 19. This will be my first recording. I am not sure if I am going about this correctly. I did read all the newbie stuff. It's taken me some time to figure out where to start. I figured a readers digest article was a good start. So, I guess I just need you to say it's ok for me to take 19?
Thanks,
Joyce Bates
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JoyceTBates wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 4:47 pm Hi icequeen,
Joyce Bates here. I've gotten the ok on my 1 minute test. I would like to claim section 19. This will be my first recording. I am not sure if I am going about this correctly. I did read all the newbie stuff. It's taken me some time to figure out where to start. I figured a readers digest article was a good start. So, I guess I just need you to say it's ok for me to take 19?
Thanks,
Joyce Bates
Hey there! Welcome to librivox!

You are on the right page. Congrats on completing you one minute test :D This is a good place to start, nice, shorter sections. I'll put you down for Section 19! The author of the first post is generally the BC (book coordinator) and will be the one to help with claims and putting files into the MW (magic window). So yes, you are absolutely golden to claim 19!

On another note, how would you like to be credited? It can be your name or pseudonym of any kind you'd like. I can create your reader page :D I can also attach a personal website link, if you have one.

If you have any questions, let me know!
Elijah
JoyceTBates

Post by JoyceTBates »

Cool. Thanks. Joyce Bates is fine. I don't have a web page. You're welcome to set up a reader page if that's the norm. I am a little confused about the names. You are Elijah, right? Are you also icequeen? Or...um...Well, I guess I'll get the hang of this.
Seems like everyone is helpful around here.
I can tend to walk on eggshells and at the same time, be a bull in a china shop! :lol:
TMTWestini

Post by TMTWestini »

Hello!
Can I have 20 please?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JoyceTBates wrote: December 4th, 2023, 4:08 pm Cool. Thanks. Joyce Bates is fine. I don't have a web page. You're welcome to set up a reader page if that's the norm. I am a little confused about the names. You are Elijah, right? Are you also icequeen? Or...um...Well, I guess I'll get the hang of this.
Seems like everyone is helpful around here.
I can tend to walk on eggshells and at the same time, be a bull in a china shop! :lol:
I'm Elijah. Icequeen is our MC (Meta Coordinator), an admin. Her name is in the title of the project to signal she is the MC for this project :D
I'm referred to as the BC, the Book Coordinator for this project. But no worries!

Here is your reader page: https://librivox.org/sections/readers/19106

I've assigned you to section 19 :)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

TMTWestini wrote: December 4th, 2023, 4:20 pm Hello!
Can I have 20 please?
Yes you may! Congrats on completing your 1 minute test! How would you like to be credited? I can create your reader page, you can use a pseudonym or your name. I can also attach a website link to it, if you like :D
Bill Mosley

Post by Bill Mosley »

Howdy from Texas!

Here's

9 Watch Your Dog and Be Wise! by Albert Payson Terhune

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/readersdigestv1n1_09_various_128kb.mp3

8:53

Ironically, just as I was recording the title, Molly comes sauntering by and shakes herself. As if to say, I know you're talking about me.....Having much experience with her, I paused just then, making the noise removal a simple thing....
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Bill Mosley wrote: December 5th, 2023, 3:36 pm Howdy from Texas!

Here's

9 Watch Your Dog and Be Wise! by Albert Payson Terhune

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/readersdigestv1n1_09_various_128kb.mp3

8:53

Ironically, just as I was recording the title, Molly comes sauntering by and shakes herself. As if to say, I know you're talking about me.....Having much experience with her, I paused just then, making the noise removal a simple thing....
Ha! Perhaps the title was letting you know :D

Thank you!
TotalEcho

Post by TotalEcho »

I would like section 20 Vilhjalmur Stefansson by John G. Holme so we can move this thread to the Readers found :D

Thank you!
Seasoned entrepreneur and passionate voice actor - @TotalEcho
ej400

Post by ej400 »

TotalEcho wrote: December 6th, 2023, 12:36 am I would like section 20 Vilhjalmur Stefansson by John G. Holme so we can move this thread to the Readers found :D

Thank you!
I do apologize, but section 20 was claimed just above and wasn't listed in the MW as I was waiting for the reader to get back to me on their reader page. I appreciate your interest though! :D

Thanks
Elijah
TotalEcho

Post by TotalEcho »

ej400 wrote: December 6th, 2023, 3:01 pm
TotalEcho wrote: December 6th, 2023, 12:36 am I would like section 20 Vilhjalmur Stefansson by John G. Holme so we can move this thread to the Readers found :D

Thank you!
I do apologize, but section 20 was claimed just above and wasn't listed in the MW as I was waiting for the reader to get back to me on their reader page. I appreciate your interest though! :D

Thanks
Elijah
Ah, my apologies then. I didn't see the posts.
Seasoned entrepreneur and passionate voice actor - @TotalEcho