[EDITING][Verse Drama] The Ring of the Nibelung by Richard Wagner - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Brian
It may be a few days before I get to this as I have some other PL stuff outstanding.
Can I suggest that as the SD for the remaing parts are likely to be even longer it would make the files less cumbersome if you had 1 section per act for the SD as you are going to have for the final edited acts.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

alanmapstone wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 5:27 pm Hi Brian
It may be a few days before I get to this as I have some other PL stuff outstanding.
Can I suggest that as the SD for the remaing parts are likely to be even longer it would make the files less cumbersome if you had 1 section per act for the SD as you are going to have for the final edited acts.
I don't see a particular reason why there could not be an SD section per act, Alan.

Hi redrun,

If I record stage directions to align with acts in The Valkyrie, Siegfried and The Twilight of the Gods do you care what naming convention I use for those?

I suppose, as an alternative, I could just use the same file / name as will be used for the complete acts sort of like recording stage directions as stubs for complete acts. I don't think that's typical, but if I did it that way I could begin mixing in role recordings for those but, of course, only after I got an OK on the stage directions. What do you think?

Thanks,
Brian
If I were you I'd claim a Gold-Killer role. Just sayin'
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

You can certainly separate the stage directions into more files, to match the eventual structure. I would recommend against naming them exactly the same as the final files, but make it as close as you wish. And you can add new sections to the MW as desired.

Since you're the editor, you may choose to skip PL on your parts, until the editing is done. I like to save that round-trip, but it does give some added assurance that everything's there when you sit down to edit. :wink:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

redrun wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 9:02 pm You can certainly separate the stage directions into more files, to match the eventual structure. I would recommend against naming them exactly the same as the final files, but make it as close as you wish. And you can add new sections to the MW as desired.

Since you're the editor, you may choose to skip PL on your parts, until the editing is done. I like to save that round-trip, but it does give some added assurance that everything's there when you sit down to edit. :wink:
Thanks.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Here's Schwertleite: https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_schwertleite_valkyrie.mp3
4:54

Thank you!

The line starting with "Ah, sisters, help! My courage fails!" looks like a continuation of the Valkyries because the attribution to Brünnhilde is missing, but it's Brünnhilde speaking (I checked the score :D ), so I left it out.

Also, I wasn't sure at first whether the "The heroes' feud..." line is just Gerhilde speaking or Gerhilde along with Helmwige and Schwertleite, but according to the score, it's only Gerhilde speaking, and the other two are just laughing, so I didn't include that line either.

I'll be happy to address anything I might have missed.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Scarbo wrote: November 5th, 2023, 6:17 am Here's Schwertleite: https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_schwertleite_valkyrie.mp3
4:54

Thank you!

The line starting with "Ah, sisters, help! My courage fails!" looks like a continuation of the Valkyries because the attribution to Brünnhilde is missing, but it's Brünnhilde speaking (I checked the score :D ), so I left it out.

Also, I wasn't sure at first whether the "The heroes' feud..." line is just Gerhilde speaking or Gerhilde along with Helmwige and Schwertleite, but according to the score, it's only Gerhilde speaking, and the other two are just laughing, so I didn't include that line either.

I'll be happy to address anything I might have missed.
PLOK! Nicely done. Thanks. Also thanks for checking the score.

Alan also noted the missing Brünnhilde attribution
and I put a note about it in MW for the Brünnhilde (in The Valkyrie) section but it is a good catch by you as well. Thanks.

Of course I also agree with you that it is only Gerhilde speaking "The heroes feud ..." lines.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Can I have Freia?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October 1919: 3 roles left
Good Words: January 1870: 7 roles left
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

elsieselwyn wrote: November 6th, 2023, 2:06 am Can I have Freia?
You sure can! Thank you.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

elsieselwyn wrote: November 6th, 2023, 4:16 pm Here is Freia: https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_freia_rhinegold.mp3 (1:24)
Freia is fantastic. PLOK. Especially, loved your delivery of the "Save me! Help!" in the distance, Freia, I mean, Elsie, the fair. :D
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

BrianFullen wrote: November 6th, 2023, 4:43 pm
elsieselwyn wrote: November 6th, 2023, 4:16 pm Here is Freia: https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_freia_rhinegold.mp3 (1:24)
Freia is fantastic. PLOK. Especially, loved your delivery of the "Save me! Help!" in the distance, Freia, I mean, Elsie, the fair. :D
Thanks! :D
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

BrianFullen wrote: October 31st, 2023, 6:58 pm PL NOTES for niblung_wotan_siegfried.mp3

I heard two minor misreads as follows ...
  • (1:21) Thrice then I must answer [I hear: Thrice then must I answer]
  • (16:43) That light dost thou see? [I hear: What light dost thou see?]
Revised Siegfried file uploaded
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: November 6th, 2023, 9:33 pm

Revised Siegfried file uploaded
PLOK. Thank you.
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

AgnesRobert wrote: November 7th, 2023, 6:26 pm first norn, twilight

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/niblung_firstnorn_twilight.mp3 (3:13)
PLOK. Very nicely done (both roles). Thanks.