[COMPLETE]Multilingual Short Works Collection 028 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: February 12th, 2021, 7:14 pmI was thinking you wouldn't want to PL a work that Hathitrust restricts in your country. Unlike Google Books, whose geographical restrictions are shrouded in mystery, Hathitrust has a well-documented copyright review program.
yes it's probably because of the translator not being PD for me then, otherwise I cannot think of a reason. :? Let's not risk it.

Sonia
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Fixed and re-uploaded. Somehow I misread "pantyhose" as "socks" :lol: Unfortunately, it does sound edited.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: February 13th, 2021, 6:28 amFixed and re-uploaded. Somehow I misread "pantyhose" as "socks" :lol:
:shock: so it really DID mean something different. Now I'm super glad I caught it :lol:

And the sound is fine to my ears, perfectly corrected and amplified. PL ok. Thanks !

Sonia
FrancescaRoma

Post by FrancescaRoma »

Kitty wrote: February 8th, 2021, 6:32 am
FrancescaRoma wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 7:10 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_[Malaria]_[Verga]_[FR]_128kb.mp3
Duration – 22:22
Short story – Malaria
Author – Giovanni Verga
thank you Francesca for this lovely reading of quite an interesting short story. It was very easy to understand and you did not read too fast. :thumbs: Already looking forward to hearing more from you, so I hope you liked the recording process.

Before this can be marked ok though, there are a few small corrections to be made. No worries, you do NOT have to re-record it all. This is too much work (for both of us). Only check out the time spot that I tell you in my notes and make a few cuts of repeats and insert a few bits. If you need a tutorial on how to edit, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

> at 0:02: please also include the language "letto in Italiano di Francesca..." between title and LV disclaimer. If you say your name here, you can cut it later at 0:15.

> at 0:18-0:21: "Novelle rusticane, di Giovanni Verga" – this can get cut, we don't include the title of the compilation, only the name of the text that you are actually reading

> at 11:36: (p. 81) stumble and repeat: "confermava col capo, curva al pari..." – underlined part can be cut once

> at 18:37: (p. 86) stumble and repeat: "ascoltavano la cantilena lunga dei mietiori" – underlined part can be cut once

> at 19:27: (p. 86) stumble and repeat: "immobili al cascare del vento" – I hear "alle cascate al vento"

> at 20:47: (p. 87) stumble and repeat: "si ridusse à cercare impiego" – can be cut once

> at 22:18: you need to add the end disclaimer: "Fine di Malaria, di Giovanni Verga" right before "registrazione die Francesca Roma"

> at the end we always leave a standard of 5 seconds of silence, you have only a bit over 1 second. Please add 4 seconds of silence

> and since you reupload anyway, please also use the correct filenaming system: msw028_malaria_verga_fr_128kb

thank you, and congrats on your first official recording for LV :clap:

Sonia
I did the asked changes, the new link of the upload is
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_malaria_verga_fr_128kb.mp3
thank you for your patience, i hope everything will be all right now.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

FrancescaRoma wrote: February 14th, 2021, 4:34 amI did the asked changes, the new link of the upload is
:clap: excellent corrections, very well done, thank you so much. This is absolutely PL ok now and congrats on your very first official section for LV. Plenty more to come I hope.

Have you already seen that there is a new stage play in Italian launched ? Maybe you want to try to act out a bit there as well (acting is big fun, I can tell you from experience :mrgreen: ) viewtopic.php?f=60&t=85638 I am sure Pier would be happy to welcome you in the Italian speaking group. :D

Sonia
FrancescaRoma

Post by FrancescaRoma »

Kitty wrote: February 14th, 2021, 7:48 am
FrancescaRoma wrote: February 14th, 2021, 4:34 amI did the asked changes, the new link of the upload is
:clap: excellent corrections, very well done, thank you so much. This is absolutely PL ok now and congrats on your very first official section for LV. Plenty more to come I hope.

Have you already seen that there is a new stage play in Italian launched ? Maybe you want to try to act out a bit there as well (acting is big fun, I can tell you from experience :mrgreen: ) viewtopic.php?f=60&t=85638 I am sure Pier would be happy to welcome you in the Italian speaking group. :D

Sonia
Ti ringrazio per il gentile invito e mi sono gia' proposta nel forum che mi hai indicato. Ho iniziato anche un altro progetto che e' veramente nel mio cuore e spero di sottoporvelo presto. Mi puoi indicare per la lettura di romanzi completi qual'è la sezione dove caricare la registrazione?
Grazie FrancescaRoma
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Kazbek wrote: February 7th, 2021, 10:07 pm
jazzman wrote: February 7th, 2021, 6:13 pm Hi Michael,
Yes, the link you provided from HathiTrust.org matches the text of the poem I originally linked (and what I recorded).
The Poem was published in a journal named "Haschiloah" (Volume 10) in Berlin, Germany in 1902. I verified the original and the text matches both other sources. Here is a link to the poem from the original publication:
https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=osu.32435051088102&view=1up&seq=133
Let me know if there are any other copyright concerns.

Regards,
Guy
Hi Guy,

Thanks for verifying! I've entered the information into the MW. Now we need to figure out what we're going to do for PL. This may take a bit longer than usual. :)

Michael
Hi,
Michael asked if I could PL in Hebrew, I did, PL OK.

Guy, you're an excellent reader (so please expect a PM on a GRAVE MATTER, aka "hatsilu!") :oops:
"When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time."
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

jazzman wrote: February 6th, 2021, 9:08 pm Hi, I've recorded a short poem in Hebrew.
GrownupDaria wrote: February 14th, 2021, 1:20 pm Hi,
Michael asked if I could PL in Hebrew, I did, PL OK.

Guy, you're an excellent reader (so please expect a PM on a GRAVE MATTER, aka "hatsilu!") :oops:
Thank you so much, Daria!

Guy, we just need a minor technical fix: please add a couple of seconds of silence at the end, for a total of ~5 seconds.

Thanks!
Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

FrancescaRoma wrote:Ti ringrazio per il gentile invito e mi sono gia' proposta nel forum che mi hai indicato.
:thumbs: ottimo !
Ho iniziato anche un altro progetto che e' veramente nel mio cuore e spero di sottoporvelo presto. Mi puoi indicare per la lettura di romanzi completi qual'è la sezione dove caricare la registrazione?
do you want to read this book as a Solo project ? Then you have to fill out the template for solo readings: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513 (don't forget to change the language drop-down to Italian !) And you have to copy/paste all that is generated into a new post and launch it in the New Project Launch Pad: viewforum.php?f=28 You can see examples there what this will look like. Then an admin comes by and proposes to be MC (Meta-Coordinator) for you and you get access to a Magic Window where you can put in all the chapters and your links to the finished files. Ideally you also get a DPL (prooflistener) to check all your work.

It's good that you start out by trying group projects, and as soon as you feel ready to launch your solo you can do so. Only careful with the source text, it has to be in the public domain. Could you give me the link so we can check before you record anything and it may turn out a disappointement ?

Good luck !

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

MMateo wrote: February 11th, 2021, 8:50 pm Aquí está: "Pakhom el Mujik" de León Tolstoi

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_pakhomelmujik_tolstoi_mm.mp3

Duración: 41:44
Excelente recitación, Maritza! Encontré solo tres problemas menores:

(5:42) p. 272 escucho "por los dos jefes" en lugar de "por los jefes" ("dos" no parece tener sentido)
(24:41) p. 281 escucho "cuarta parte" en lugar de "sexta"
(40:29) p. 289 repetición: "Sube rápidamente..."

Michael
MMateo

Post by MMateo »

Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

MMateo wrote: February 16th, 2021, 8:33 am Aquí está:

Pakhom el Mujik:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_pakhomelmujik_tolstoi_mm_128kb.mp3

Duración: 40:36
He comprobado las correcciones y están bien. Gracias también por corregir el nombre del archivo! Sin embargo, tengo que preguntar algo más. La nueva versión es más de un minuto más corta, mientras que los cambios relacionados con mis notas PL deberían haberla acortado solo unos segundos. ¿Puedes decirme qué otros cambios has realizado y, si es posible, darme las marcas de tiempo? Lo pregunto, porque se supone que el PL debe controlar todos los cambios realizados en una grabación.

Gracias,
Michael
Liber

Post by Liber »

A canzone from Pier delle Vigne, alias Pietro della Vigna, Pietro delle Vigne, Petrus de Vinea.

Per rinfrescarne la fama nel mondo, confortar la memoria sua che giace ancor del colpo che 'nvidia le diede.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Author: Pietro delle Vigne (c. 1190–1249)
Title: “Amore, in cui disio ed ho fidanza”
Text URL: https://archive.org/details/oxfordbookofital00lucarich/page/42/mode/2up
Duration: 3:07
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_amoreincuidisio_petrusdevinea_le_128kb.mp3
Link to author on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietro_della_Vigna
Key Words: multilingual, italian, pier delle vigne, scuola siciliana, amor cortese
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Thank you for your time,
Liber
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Liber wrote: February 16th, 2021, 10:29 pm A canzone from Pier delle Vigne, alias Pietro della Vigna, Pietro delle Vigne, Petrus de Vinea.

Per rinfrescarne la fama nel mondo, confortar la memoria sua che giace ancor del colpo che 'nvidia le diede.
Ah, I didn't know he wrote poetry! It looks like some Tuscan scribe has put his hand to this one... the dialect doesn't look very Sicilian to me. :D

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Liber wrote: February 16th, 2021, 10:29 pmA canzone from Pier delle Vigne, alias Pietro della Vigna, Pietro delle Vigne, Petrus de Vinea.
Text URL: https://archive.org/details/oxfordbookofital00lucarich/page/42/mode/2up
MP3 URL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw028_amoreincuidisio_petrusdevinea_le_128kb.mp3
thank you Liber, another interesting choice for this collection. And excellently narrated again :thumbs: PL ok, no doubt

Sonia