'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for johng (John Greenman) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for reading Uncle Tom's Cabin. You did an excellent job. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to you read it. That was a big undertaking. Thank you for your effort.

Ruth
Uncle Tom's Cabin
All of John's recordings
Carolin
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I just found lots of thank you notes in my inbox (notifications not working, so I didn't find them when they were first sent). So lovely to get them.

Just wanted to post here and give a big thank you to the admins who keep this feature going - it's really a lot of work. Also to the listeners who bother to send in their feedback, it's so much appreciated.

Can't believe we have 158 pages of this! Fantastic.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
johng

Post by johng »

Gesine wrote:I just found lots of thank you notes in my inbox (notifications not working, so I didn't find them when they were first sent). So lovely to get them.

Just wanted to post here and give a big thank you to the admins who keep this feature going - it's really a lot of work. Also to the listeners who bother to send in their feedback, it's so much appreciated.

Can't believe we have 158 pages of this! Fantastic.
TOTALLY agree with Gesine!!!
Thank you admins!
It's nice to get feedback.
-John
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Gesine wrote:Can't believe we have 158 pages of this! Fantastic.
:clap:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Sue, I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful set of audio readings I'm currently listening to :-

Five Years of My Life.
Living on Half a Dime a day.
The Story of a Common Soldier - Army Life in the Civil war.
By Ox team to California.
From Plotzk to Boston

--- and my current 'listen' and favorite, "Letters from an Army Officers Wife - 1871-1888"
I'm now 76 years of age and well into my retirement and your readings are giving me much pleasure, as well as providing a wonderful insight of life in your country during a part of it's early years. The many hours you have obviously spent in recording these chronicles is truely amazing. Your descriptions throughout take one into the harder way of life we perhaps, thankfully, do not need to experience in these more comfortable times. To a guy here in the "old country" your warm and friendly American accent really brings the recordings alive.
Thank you so very much for your wonderful work, and to Librivox for the super audio facility.

Me, my Grand Daughter Claire and my recent Great Grand Daughter Maria.
All of Sue's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for ZachBG (Zachary Brewster-Geisz) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have listened to quite a few Librivox recordings. ZB-G's reading of The Man Who Was Thursday was great; balanced, clear, not exaggerated in the interpretation of the characters' speech... thanks a lot!
The Man Who Was Thursday
All of Zach's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for gloriana (Elizabeth Klett) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
By accident I happened upon your reading of Jane Eyre. This is one of my favorite books and you made it even more enjoyable with your beautiful voice. I imagine this is exactly what Jane would have sounded like. Thank you for transporting me into her world.
Jane Eyre
All of Elizabeth's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for dread (Bill Boerst) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Bill,

I would just like to thank you for recording your reading of the Deer Slayer by James Fenimore Cooper. My son was assigned this book as a "challenge book" for a high school class. I found your podcasts on itunes and they have been a life saver! We have been listening to them each day as we drive to and from school. Thank you for the wonderful gift you have given to so many! And thank you for the many hours you spent reading this book. We greatly appreciate it. And thank you from my son who was struggling to read this great book.

Mary Cole
The Deerslayer
All of Bill's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Mark Smith of Simpsonville for your great work with
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

I lived in Greenville, SC.

As well, I have heard your voice is several other librivox recording...

Alan
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
All of Mark's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for THynes (Tadhg) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for Silas Marner! I've enjoyed your voice and charming brogue almost as much as Eliot's text. Your voice is just expressive enough to carry me through, not so much to impose your interpretation on the story. And I appreciate the speed and fluency of your reading.

-Josh
Philadelphia, PA
Silas Marner
All of Tadhg's recordings
Carolin
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

To the "guy from the old country"--
Thank you so much for your kind words about my recordings. I enjoy reading books about "real people," their adventures and triumphs. Age-wise, you and I are contemporaries. it sounds like you have a fine family, and I'm sure under your tutelage, Claire and Maria will grow up to be book lovers! My best wishes to all, Sue
Carolin wrote:Praise for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Sue, I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful set of audio readings I'm currently listening to :-

Five Years of My Life.
Living on Half a Dime a day.
The Story of a Common Soldier - Army Life in the Civil war.
By Ox team to California.
From Plotzk to Boston

--- and my current 'listen' and favorite, "Letters from an Army Officers Wife - 1871-1888"
I'm now 76 years of age and well into my retirement and your readings are giving me much pleasure, as well as providing a wonderful insight of life in your country during a part of it's early years. The many hours you have obviously spent in recording these chronicles is truely amazing. Your descriptions throughout take one into the harder way of life we perhaps, thankfully, do not need to experience in these more comfortable times. To a guy here in the "old country" your warm and friendly American accent really brings the recordings alive.
Thank you so very much for your wonderful work, and to Librivox for the super audio facility.

Me, my Grand Daughter Claire and my recent Great Grand Daughter Maria.
All of Sue's recordings
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have been listening to Great Expectations read by Mark Smith and want to compliment him highly on his reading. I have listened to several Librivox recordings and while I enjoy them all, his has been far and away the best reading that I have encounter. His ability to read all the character's parts with so many different voices and inflections is remarkable and makes the book come alive for me. So, thank you Mark Smith. You efforts are greatly appreciated!
Mary
Berkeley, Ca.
Great Expectations
All of Mark's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for the lively readings of Sci. Fi pulp. Many thanks for citations, it was one of the things I really appreciated about Gregg Margarite's site.

-- Gerida
All of Phil's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for mhhbook (Mary in Arkansas) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I really enjoyed your rendering of the text of
The Algonquin Legends of New England or Myths and Folk Lore of the Micmac, Passamaquoddy, and Penobscot Tribes.

Your friendly, natural manner made the stories especially engaging. Thanks for your work!
Sincerely,
Sarah
The Algonquin Legends
All of Mary's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thanks again to Karen Savage! This time I’m talking about “A Little Princess” by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It’s a nice “listen in the car” story, and quite well read (of course, seeing as it’s Karen Savage doing the reading).

Len
A Little Princess
All of Karen's recordings
Carolin