COMPLETE: The LibriVox NaNoWriMo Novel

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Cloud Mountain wrote:Something to consider.

If Tracy went with Trev to Malta on a sudden whim, or so she would have him believe, how is it she's suddenly called away to a drop-everything-and-go meeting? This fledgling tour company that tours one guide to one tourist suddenly has a "group" meeting at a place she had no notion of going to? How many questions does this raise? He's not suspicious? She doesn't realize her transparency? How oblivious are they? How crafty? More?
You mean Hazel, not Tracey. He might well be suspicious. We'll have to wait and see. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Gesine wrote:

If Tracy went with Trev to Malta on a sudden whim, or so she would have him believe, how is it she's suddenly called away to a drop-everything-and-go meeting? This fledgling tour company that tours one guide to one tourist suddenly has a "group" meeting at a place she had no notion of going to? How many questions does this raise? He's not suspicious? She doesn't realize her transparency? How oblivious are they? How crafty? More?
You mean Hazel, not Tracey. He might well be suspicious. We'll have to wait and see. :)
Yes, right, Hazel, of course. Yes, I know we'll have to wait to see. This was one of the points that REALLY stuck out and I wanted to be certain we, someone, picked up on it at some point. Red flags like this MUST be addressed for our story to be believeable all around. I am hoping that we can remind each other of such conflicks as we go so that we're not scampering towards the end.

I'm not suggesting we should write solutions for others. It would though be helpful to spot reminders as we go. Maybe even a list of such things and whether they were resolved.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
KATWAL

Post by KATWAL »

I've been reading each chapter and I must say, we have such talented people in Librivox Land.

It will be exciting to see how each author ties things up and brings it all around.

Katwal
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. M. Mead
msirois

Post by msirois »

Cloud Mountain wrote:
Gesine wrote:

Yes, right, Hazel, of course. Yes, I know we'll have to wait to see. This was one of the points that REALLY stuck out and I wanted to be certain we, someone, picked up on it at some point. Red flags like this MUST be addressed for our story to be believeable all around. I am hoping that we can remind each other of such conflicks as we go so that we're not scampering towards the end.

I'm not suggesting we should write solutions for others. It would though be helpful to spot reminders as we go. Maybe even a list of such things and whether they were resolved.
I think we also have to remember(without giving anything away), that Hazel is "working" for at least two separate organizations, and the phone call could have been from either of them. How Trevor eacts to Hazel's actions will depend a lot on what he learns (or doesn't learn) about who she really is.
Orato Ergo Sum.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

.... and on whether he survives long enough to wonder.

(Wouldn't that be a plot twist!)
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Or whether he really is who we think he is.

(Now wouldn't that be a plot twist twist.)

[Can you conflick a conflict? Can you con either?]
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

IMHO, Hazel's quick excuse sounded plausible enough to me. But only if she soon leaves a message on Trevor's phone (poor boy, the batteries ran down before her call came through, maybe?). Meeting? Phone conference meeting. My question is, who could have convinced her to step away from the Trevor? Fulvia's people wanted her out of the way, so presumably they caused the phone call to Hazel (even if they didn't place it). Who called Hazel?

However, having said that, I do think it should be another suspicion for Trevor's chinchilla to gnaw. So Hazel needs to complete her cover story.

Let us all keep track of this, too: Hazel wished she could stay in Egypt and follow up on something there, something "clued to" by the re-sealed envelope she gave Trevor from Mr. ... Mr. ... who was that again?

What I questioned was, wouldn't T wonder why Fulvia hadn't come back to see what was taking him so long? He had an adventure, got bandaged, and changed his clothes, and still she didn't walk the five minutes back to see what was keeping him. Chi-Chi-Chi-Chinchilla (turn and face the strange chi-chinchilla).

By the way, did everyone know that "WorldCon" is the name for the annual World Science Fiction Convention, held in August or September each year in a different city around the world? (2005 was n Glasgow, 2006 was in L.A., 2007 will be in Japan)

Today, in "spare" moments, I'll be trying to fill in details on the Character and Chapter wiki pages. I'm going to tweak the top post of this thread to give direct links to those pages.

:D
Last edited by a.r.dobbs on November 7th, 2006, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anita
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

Cloud Mountain wrote:Or whether he really is who we think he is.

:shock: Is this whacha call foreshadowing? oy
Anita
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

a.r.dobbs wrote:
Cloud Mountain wrote:Or whether he really is who we think he is.

:shock: Is this whacha call foreshadowing? oy
Fiveshadowing. Just wait and see.
in response, a.r.dobbs wrote:Five o'clock shadow, eh? Very scruffy of you. Warning: enough of us are liking T that if he's offed we'll on him again, and you wouldn't want us to go all supernatural, would you? :twisted: 'Cause some of us are fairly Buff when our families are at stake. heh heh
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

a.r.dobbs wrote:
Today, in "spare" moments, I'll be trying to fill in details on the Character and Chapter wiki pages. I'm going to tweak the top post of this thread to give direct links to those pages.
Oh thank you so much Ms. D. Thank you thank you (double entendre)
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Just another quick post to say BRAVO!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Gah, I wish I could write... But I can enjoy what others write!!!!

-Catharine, who hopes that Tracey will have another chapter soon, where it will be revealed that she (unlike the Undercover Ladeeez) is not stunningly beautiful. Cute perhaps. ;)
(Do non-writers get to contribute ideas?)
in response, a.r.dobbs wrote:Hey, none of us are believing this "non-writer" stance a few of you are adopting out there; or more precisely, from another non-writer, "So What!?" Write anyway! Meanwhile and always, everybody, sure: idea away. My bet is that most folks haven't managed to fit in all their own ideas into a chapter yet, and many a brilliant idea will be left in the baggage claim, circling around and around on the whatsit. But load 'er up -- folks can carry off anything that looks like it fits on their chapter's trolley/thingy. Yes, words fail me.
msirois

Post by msirois »

a.r.dobbs wrote:By the way, did everyone know that "WorldCon" is the name for the annual World Science Fiction Convention, held in August or September each year in a different city around the world? (2005 was n Glasgow, 2006 was in L.A., 2007 will be in Japan)
I've been thinking about that from the beginning. Maybe we could do something with the idea of "WorldCon, official airlines of WorldCon!".
Orato Ergo Sum.
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

WhirlCon would be better. A helicopter fleet.
a.r.dobbs

Post by a.r.dobbs »

MAJOR SUGGESTION:
I recommend we use the last 3 (maybe even 4) days for the alternative ending writings. Why? Uh...let's see...what was I thinking?...

1) It's a last chance for eagle-eyed readers-of-the-story-so-far to point out danglers or infeasibilities or other basic bloopers. With so many simultaneous pieces of writing, we need a bit of extra time for proofreading and cross-proofreading.

2) It would be dandy if a few writers elected to tweak their endings after reading others and hearing feedback in order to (I'm making this up) exaggerate the differences between endings or make funny echoes or counterpoints to others' endings or run screaming into the woods because it's clearly impossible to tie the story up (and maybe someone then steps in to hoist that fallen banner).

3) We could podcast 2 or 3 final chapters a day for the last few days rather than all of them on the final day, er, day after the final day.

Carousel -- that's the word! Just another idea on the circling carousel o' thoughts here in the baggage claim area of LV. :D
Anita
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

a.r.dobbs wrote: Carousel -- that's the word! Just another idea on the circling carousel o' thoughts here in the baggage claim area of LV. :D
Awww, I think that sushi boats going round and round on a little artificial stream might substitute well for the baggage carousel... Unless you don't like raw fish, of course. :D

-Catharine