COMPLETE: Coriolanus by William Shakespeare - ek

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

sarahelizabeth wrote:If the Gentlewoman and Messenger roles are indeed orphaned, may I volunteer for both of those?
Sure - thanks, sarah! :)
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Hi, could I take section 23, if you don't mind me being a girl and all:P

Kristin
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Kristingj wrote:Hi, could I take section 23, if you don't mind me being a girl and all:P

Kristin
That would be great - thank you!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Could I take second servingman (31) and second senator (30) - does not appear that they conflict.

Thanks, Todd
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

ToddHW wrote:Could I take second servingman (31) and second senator (30) - does not appear that they conflict.

Thanks, Todd
Sure - thanks, Todd!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here are my files; I included lines for All when in the same scene.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/coriolanus_secondsenator_1.mp3
length 1:06

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/coriolanus_secondsenator_3.mp3
length 0:10 (The internal tag labels it track 2 for act 2 - it really is for Act 3 as I introduce it)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/coriolanus_secondsenator_5.mp3
length 0:43

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/coriolanus_secondservingman_4.mp3
length 2:32

Ready to fix anything that needs it!

Thanks, Todd
thebicyclethief

Post by thebicyclethief »

I'll get down to fulfilling my obligations as DPL soon ... there are some errors in this text and the name Coriolanus is often wrongly substituted for Martius, i.e. before Act 1 sc. 9 and probably when Aufidius calls him Martius at the end. I don't think we have any choice about having the names consistent throughout, otherwise it will affect the impact of the production.

Thoughts?

Duncan
In the beginning of Time, the great Creator Reason, made the Earth to be a Common Treasury / and Man, the lord that was to govern this Creation / but not one word was spoken in the beginning, That one branch of mankind should rule over another.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

thebicyclethief wrote:I'll get down to fulfilling my obligations as DPL soon ... there are some errors in this text and the name Coriolanus is often wrongly substituted for Martius, i.e. before Act 1 sc. 9 and probably when Aufidius calls him Martius at the end. I don't think we have any choice about having the names consistent throughout, otherwise it will affect the impact of the production.

Thoughts?

Duncan
I agree that we have to make it consistent for the listeners. Hard enough to keep track of what is going on when there are no visuals to explain who is who and what is what. If worried about fidelity to the PD text, there have to be plenty of PD versions of Shakespeare that are correct even if the specific one chosen here is not.

I listened to one of our recorded one act plays this week, and the narrator introduced each voice line throughout with an sotta voce Keith or Larry or - and it was VERY effective and did not at all detract. You could accurately argue that the character names are written in the source material for every play.

Thanks, Todd
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Thanks for your files, Todd! They are in the MW, marked as complete.

Duncan, there's no rush. I anticipate this being a pretty long-term project. Thanks in advance for your work. If there's ever any question about textual accuracy, please just include it as part of the notes and I will check it against an authoritative text. (I have several editions of Shakespeare, but usually use the Norton, if anyone's interested...)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

5th citizen and all the others:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/coriolanus_5thcitizenetal_12.mp3

Characters separated by a short tone. I first read the whole list of roles "read by Availle" and then separately again before each character. Didn't know how you'd prefer it... :oops:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
readbyme

Post by readbyme »

Hello,

I would like to do Section 23, but I am confused about something. The Magic Window claims there are 26 lines, but the text shows the following:

SECOND CITIZEN 18
CITIZENS 17
ALL CITIZENS 1
ALL THE PEOPLE 1
ALL 16

Together that makes 53 lines. Am I looking at this wrong? I am new here and might be all sorts of confused by what I am seeing.

Thanks,

Peter
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

I'm a tad confused... I'm supposed to read "Roman/ALL", and it say's its 1.9. But in that scene there's only one line, and that's "ALL".

Kristin
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Availle wrote:5th citizen and all the others:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/coriolanus_5thcitizenetal_12.mp3

Characters separated by a short tone. I first read the whole list of roles "read by Availle" and then separately again before each character. Didn't know how you'd prefer it... :oops:
Thanks, Ava! Sounds fine to me. :)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

readbyme wrote:Hello,

I would like to do Section 23, but I am confused about something. The Magic Window claims there are 26 lines, but the text shows the following:

SECOND CITIZEN 18
CITIZENS 17
ALL CITIZENS 1
ALL THE PEOPLE 1
ALL 16

Together that makes 53 lines. Am I looking at this wrong? I am new here and might be all sorts of confused by what I am seeing.

Thanks,

Peter
Hi Peter, and welcome. I know, this project is a bit confusing. For this role I'm asking that the reader only read "All" in two scenes - they are marked after "All" in the magic window. So I think that's where the fewer number of lines comes in. Does that make sense? Let me know if it doesn't.

Also, we ask all our new volunteers to do a short test recording to make sure all the tech settings are okay - not as an audition. If you haven't done yours yet, please feel free to use one of these short roles for your test. You can post it to this thread and I can offer you some feedback on it. Sound good?

Finally, if you haven't yet been added to the catalog, let me know what name you'd like to be listed under in the catalog - it can be your forum name, your real name, or something different. thanks!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Kristingj wrote:I'm a tad confused... I'm supposed to read "Roman/ALL", and it say's its 1.9. But in that scene there's only one line, and that's "ALL".

Kristin
Hi Kristin -

Sorry for the confusion. to see the lines for "Roman," click on that heading in the Open Source Shakespeare and you will see all those lines. (Make sure to click "Show full lines.") But I'm also asking you to read the one line assigned to "All" in 1.9. You can read them all in one file, or two different files - it's up to you. Does that make sense?