COMPLETE - 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cdon005

Post by cdon005 »

Hello ToddHW.

Chapter 20 really is available. It is the last chapter and it is all yours!!

Thank you

Chris Donnelly
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

I am going away for a little week, so if the lack of PL is holding the project up feel free to ask someone else, I won't be offended :D
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

cdon005 wrote:Hello ToddHW.

Chapter 20 really is available. It is the last chapter and it is all yours!!

Thank you

Chris Donnelly
-----------------------------------

I am going away for a little week, so if the lack of PL is holding the project up feel free to ask someone else, I won't be offended

Ah, so I do get the message that 20 is the last chapter, holding up release, and there is concern that PL won't be available for almost a week but a alternate can be arranged if only that last scurvy reader gets his act together and sends in his stuff well before the week is up!! When do the virtual thumbscrews arrive? (insert emoticon of your choice)

So to speed the read-review-reread cycle along since I won't have time for a lesuirely listen to all that has gone bfore or that what follows me, I'm going to ask for some help in checking if these prononciations are correct enough:

Torres - TOR-ace
Conseil - KON-swheel
Aronnax - ARE-oh-nax
Papua - PA-pu-ah
Gueboroa Island - gway-boh-ROW-ah

I figure that for a string of names like in the paragraph "Francisco Serrano, these shores were successively visited by Don Jorge de Meneses in 1526, by Juan de Grijalva in 1527, by the Spanish general Alvaro de Saavedra in 1528, by Inigo Ortiz in 1545, by the Dutchman Schouten in 1616, by Nicolas Sruick in 1753, by Tasman, Dampier, Fumel, Carteret, Edwards, Bougainville, Cook, McClure, and Thomas Forrest, by Rear Admiral d'Entrecasteaux in 1792, by Louis-Isidore Duperrey in 1823, and by Captain Dumont d'Urville" or in strange sea creature names like "Nemastoma geliniaroidea" the reader won't really get tripped up by my confident-sounding if error-ridden pronunciation, but I did think I ought to get main character and chapter title names right!!

Thanks, Todd
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

I can only help with Conseil (Con- Saye) and Aronnax (which is right the way you write it up there).

And sorry, I did not mean to pressure you in uploading, I just wanted Chris to know that should the last section arrive while I'm unavailable, he can look for PL help if he does not want to wait :oops:
Nadine

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I found it very amusing to volunteer and THEN feel the heat turned up. Not to worry: a chance to be participating in this book is wonderful since a childhood that included "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" as book and movie and even Disneyland ride resulted in my long (and still continuing) career of designing boats.

I see I was way off in how to prononuce Conseil - I am glad I asked! Further question on your correction: in _Con-Saye_ is the final _e_ pronounced (Con-say-eh) or is it just two syllables with the final _e_ only making the _long a_ sound in _saye_? (And yes, the right way for me to be sure is just to listen to most any of the other completed chapters tonight!)

Thanks, Todd
cdon005

Post by cdon005 »

Thanks for the heads up Nadine. If you are taking a holiday of some sort then have fun!

Toddhw - conseil is just the 2 syllables (con - say)

Chris Donnelly
johntkucz

Post by johntkucz »

• "everything" site for past 8 years==
  • my tech site (using a pseudynm for reasons I have yet to undersand)-- (I obviously have "name" issues lol!, but love tech)
  • twitter me timbers--
cdon005

Post by cdon005 »

thank you so much for the edits John!!

Chris Donnelly
cdon005

Post by cdon005 »

ToddHW - as for the other pronuciations I think the first one Torres is pronounced Tor - rez

The others sound correct.

Chris Donnelly
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

cdon005

Post by cdon005 »

Great!! Thank you Todd!!

One little note though. You need to remember to do the ID3 tags on your files.

Chris Donnelly
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

cdon005 wrote:Great!! Thank you Todd!!

One little note though. You need to remember to do the ID3 tags on your files.

Chris Donnelly
Whoops. I have been doing dramatic reading parts that don't use the tags on parts. I re-uploaded chapter 20 with the tags.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/20000leaguesunderseaver2_20_verne.mp3 at 17:30

Thanks, Todd
cdon005

Post by cdon005 »

Woo Hoo!!!! All chapters are in and ready for final spot checks!

Then cataloging and then we are done!!!

Great work everyone!!

Chris Donnelly
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Section 20 is missing 5 s silence at the end, otherwise it is perfect :D
I'll get to spotchecking 25 later today hopefully.
Nadine

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Whoops. I put the 5 seconds silence between the last words of the chapter and where I said _end of chapter 20_. Here is a new Chapter 20 upload with 5 seconds at the very very end.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/20000leaguesunderseaver2_20_verne.mp3
length 17:34

Thanks, Todd