Hi, Scot here

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
swsmith

Post by swsmith »

Brand new to LibriVox (just discovered this great site a few days ago) and I'd love to participate. I am not an actor/teacher/voice-over person and don't even think I have that interesting of a voice... but my wife likes it at least. Oddly, I do like activities outside my comfort zone so here I am. Mostly I am technical in nature having studied economics and computer engineering in college but I also had a photography business for a number of years.

I think volunteering for LibriVox, either proofing or reading, could be really fun! Hopefully my three kids will give me some time. BTW, I enjoy making family videos as well and found some of the most fun is narrating them.

Scot
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, Scot! We can always use your help. As a matter of fact, we're a bit short in the proof-listener department, so I'm jumping all over that offer of yours! :lol:

Here's information on proof-listening: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners

And if you decide to jump on the recording bandwagon, here's a great place to start: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
swsmith

Post by swsmith »

Thank you. I just read the excellent and clear explanation of proof-listening; I'd love to help out there. I also uploaded my first test reading in the microphone showdown thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=31710

Doing this killed several birds, so to speak, as I learned the protocol as well as got to test and compare some of my microphones, and got to read a poem :D (I've only recently discovered a real appreciation for poetry, after my father-in-law poet passed away).