COMPLETE:[RELIGION] The Kingdom of God... by Tolstoy - ry

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
enko

Post by enko »

My PL notes for section 12a.

You should put only 1 second silence at the beginning
25:02 - Repeat of "and that their"
31:14 - You should say "all the privileges of the rich"
34:36 - You should say "all these people are within half an hour of reaching the place where"
58:40 - You should say "end of chapter 12, part 1" and put 10 seconds silence
Spartacus

Post by Spartacus »

Thanks for the catch...

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/kingdom_12a_tolstoy.mp3

Don't know how I missed those.
Colley

Post by Colley »

Enko - I am sorry, but after a hectic two months it has become apparent I will not have the time to complete my readings. Could you please release them? Thank you for your patients; I just do not have the time I was hoping for.
enko

Post by enko »

I released the sections.
hearhis

Post by hearhis »

I'd like to record

08 Doctrine of non-resistance to evil by force must inevitably be accepted by men of the present day (and the rest of the 8,084 words in chapter 8).

Thanks,
HearHis
enko

Post by enko »

Section 8 is for you hearhis.
Kiwi Rose

Post by Kiwi Rose »

Hi there - I would love to do Chapter V of Tolstoy's "The Kingdom of God is Within You". It will be my first reading/recording for Librivox.

I have bought a Logitech mike as you have recommended - I am familiar with Audacity - and eager to begin! :-)

Kindest regards,
Kiwi Rose

PS I am a retired teacher with a bit of spare time and Librivox seems an excellent way of putting something good out there. Many thanks for the opportunity.
enko

Post by enko »

Hi Kiwi Rose,

Section V is for you. Under which name or pseudonym would you like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue? I can also put a link to a personal website/blog.

Cheers.
Kiwi Rose

Post by Kiwi Rose »

Hi there Enko - I just replied to a private message - but will do it here too - just in case.

I'll use 'Kiwi Rose' as my Librivox name please.

I don't have a website/blog that is suitable at this time - maybe later.

Many thanks and kindest regards,

Rosemary (Kiwi Rose)
ettelocin

Post by ettelocin »

this is a great book! i'd love sections 01, 04, and 10 please if still available. thanks!
enko

Post by enko »

Sections 01, 04, and 10 are for you ettelocin.
ettelocin

Post by ettelocin »

thanks! :) quick question: sect. 01 has a very long title, "The doctrine of nonresistance to evil by force has been professed by a minority of men from the very foundation of Christianity."

should i include the entire thing in the id3 tag?

EDIT: just noticed ch. 10 is even longer! "Evil cannot be supressed by the physical force of the government--The moral progress of humanity is brought about not only by individual recognition of the truth but also through the establishment of a public opinion"
enko wrote:Sections 01, 04, and 10 are for you ettelocin.
enko

Post by enko »

thanks ettelocin.
ettelocin wrote:quick question: sect. 01 has a very long title, "The doctrine of nonresistance to evil by force has been professed by a minority of men from the very foundation of Christianity."

should i include the entire thing in the id3 tag?

EDIT: just noticed ch. 10 is even longer! "Evil cannot be supressed by the physical force of the government--The moral progress of humanity is brought about not only by individual recognition of the truth but also through the establishment of a public opinion"
yes, include the entire title in the id3 tag for sections 01, 04, and 10.
sadko

Post by sadko »

I can't quite figure out what is available, so if any section is available I would like to take it. Since I am new, I will send a test sample as soon as possible.

I'd like to take these two sections of the Tolstoy book

My user name is Sadko
enko

Post by enko »

Sections 06 and 07 are available.