LibriVox practitioners

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

It has come to my attention that we do not have a single-word identification.

Are we:

1. LibriVoxer(s)
2. LibriVoxette(s)
3. LibriVoxen (single? plural? both?)
4. Librivoxel(s)
5. Some other nomenclature?

Maybe LibriVoxoholics?
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

When it comes up, I refer to myself as an LVer. :)
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

DACSoft wrote: May 24th, 2024, 8:45 pm When it comes up, I refer to myself as an LVer. :)
Me too. (and it saves having to pronounce LibriVox :D Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I like LVer!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I go with LibriVoxers or LVers, if I'm feeling lazy.
marisad6

Post by marisad6 »

How about “LibriFox”? (Haven’t used it…just kinda popped into my head…)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Usually if I'm referring to this as a hobby, or explaining to someone one of my hobbies, I'll mention it as "I help create free audiobooks." Otherwise, Librivoxer or LV'er.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Most of us are Librivo-mania-x :lol:

Librivoxer is the most common, but I think I've also seen Librivoxeteer: a soldier equipped with books and voice :D
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

I usually refer to us all as LibriVoxers. I tell all my friends that the LibriVoxing :D community is a benefit to the whole world! :D I am continually reminding my friends that: "There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer." Because us LVers work hard to create good audiobooks to listen to, and they often underappreciate our hard work! Then, when they have the audacity (yes, I use the audacity editing software) to ask "You do all this without pay?!" I just reply "Well, don't you enjoy listening to free audiobooks?"
"Anyone can smile on his best day. I like to meet a man who can smile on his WORST!" Lauren Graham

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 26th, 2024, 11:04 am (...) I think I've also seen Librivoxeteer: a soldier equipped with books and voice :D
Yeah, I remember hearing a jingle with that word, created by one former user. It was featured in one of the old Community Podcasts.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Piotrek81 wrote: May 28th, 2024, 8:26 am
Rapunzelina wrote: May 26th, 2024, 11:04 am (...) I think I've also seen Librivoxeteer: a soldier equipped with books and voice :D
Yeah, I remember hearing a jingle with that word, created by one former user. It was featured in one of the old Community Podcasts.
A jingle!

We'll need a mascot, too!
SowasVon

Post by SowasVon »

Librivox contributor sounds descriptive enough.
That way, you can distinguish "those people what read stuff for that Librivox thingy" from "Librivox users/listeners" who consume the audiobooks.
Of course, one can be both.
"You're on Librivox? Pffft. You just like to hear yourself talk."
"Yuuuup." :mrgreen:
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: May 26th, 2024, 2:11 pm I usually refer to us all as LibriVoxers. I tell all my friends that the LibriVoxing :D community is a benefit to the whole world! :D I am continually reminding my friends that: "There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer." Because us LVers work hard to create good audiobooks to listen to, and they often underappreciate our hard work! Then, when they have the audacity (yes, I use the audacity editing software) to ask "You do all this without pay?!" I just reply "Well, don't you enjoy listening to free audiobooks?"

My son asked me why I was semi-retiring early. I should have replied "so I can spend more time Librivoxing". The great thing about volunteering is that you are completely released from the need to please a boss in order to pay the mortgage. It's a whole new kind of "work". So satisfying! :9:
Shelly

Open roles viewtopic.php?t=101842
Cover Art https://archive.org/search?query=shelly+weingart
ShellyWeingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

KevinS wrote: May 24th, 2024, 8:33 pm It has come to my attention that we do not have a single-word identification.

Are we:

1. LibriVoxer(s)
2. LibriVoxette(s)
3. LibriVoxen (single? plural? both?)
4. Librivoxel(s)
5. Some other nomenclature?

Maybe LibriVoxoholics?
Hi, my name is Shelly and I record audiobooks, eat audiobooks for breakfast, breathe audiobooks to sustain life, must have audiobooks to sleep at night....
Shelly

ShellyWeingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

PS, I hear audiobooks are now being used to ween people off of narcotics. It's a new drug treatment called "librivoxone"
Shelly

ShellyWeingart.com