Today's theoretical question

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

If an individual were to record a thunderstorm scene while a real thunderstorm was taking place, would this be a prohibition of LibriVox's 'no sound effects' rule?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

As it's an "Act of God" you'd need her permission :hmm:

Anne
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

Ooh, this sounds interesting! :D I have actually thought about something like this before.
Whose permission would you need?
"Anyone can smile on his best day. I like to meet a man who can smile on his WORST!" Lauren Graham

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: May 16th, 2024, 3:58 pm As it's an "Act of God" you'd need her permission :hmm:

Anne
Hahah! Indeed!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: May 16th, 2024, 6:03 pm Ooh, this sounds interesting! :D I have actually thought about something like this before.
Whose permission would you need?
I think it would require a conspiracy!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Well... Just how theoretical is this question, to everyone? Because in general, I do not advise operating grid-powered electronics while within hearing distance of a thunderstorm. That's not a good policy for keeping your electronics in working order, and don't ask me how I know! :lol:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

redrun wrote: May 16th, 2024, 7:01 pm Well... Just how theoretical is this question, to everyone? Because in general, I do not advise operating grid-powered electronics while within hearing distance of a thunderstorm. That's not a good policy for keeping your electronics in working order, and don't ask me how I know! :lol:
I should remove my tinfoil hat?
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Although they were some early LV days recordings, I've heard some birds occasionally, so assuming thunderstorms are natural as well... why not? Free sound effects :lol:
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ej400 wrote: May 16th, 2024, 8:24 pm Although they were some early LV days recordings, I've heard some birds occasionally, so assuming thunderstorms are natural as well... why not? Free sound effects :lol:
If I recorded outside on my porch at 4:00 am, buy would you hear birds! I'm so happy it is close to spring.

Spring in Wisconsin doesn't really arrive when one can plant safely. That is, without danger of frost. We generally see Memorial Day as the opening of spring gardens.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I have visions of you waiting patiently for a thunderstorm to finish your play recording, rushing out your door holding up your phone to record it - and finishing up as a heap of ashes as lightening struck......
We would miss you.

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: May 16th, 2024, 10:15 pm I have visions of you waiting patiently for a thunderstorm to finish your play recording, rushing out your door holding up your phone to record it - and finishing up as a heap of ashes as lightening struck......
We would miss you.

Anne
Hahaha! Now I'm tempted to find something with a storm!
IonaMuirgel2002

KevinS wrote: May 16th, 2024, 7:05 pm
redrun wrote: May 16th, 2024, 7:01 pm Well... Just how theoretical is this question, to everyone? Because in general, I do not advise operating grid-powered electronics while within hearing distance of a thunderstorm. That's not a good policy for keeping your electronics in working order, and don't ask me how I know! :lol:
No, keep your hat, they are greatly needed in the world these days! :D
"Anyone can smile on his best day. I like to meet a man who can smile on his WORST!" Lauren Graham

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: May 17th, 2024, 10:59 am
KevinS wrote: May 16th, 2024, 7:05 pm
No, keep your hat, they are greatly needed in the world these days! :D
Good advice!
IonaMuirgel2002

Well, I do know a thing or two about conspiracies and tin foil hats! :D
(I know right? I am one of those crazy people!)

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: May 17th, 2024, 5:43 pm Well, I do know a thing or two about conspiracies and tin foil hats! :D
(I know right? I am one of those crazy people!)
Hahahaha!