[DR][Murder Mystery] Gold-Killer by John Prosper (a pseudonym) - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

WinterMoon wrote: May 11th, 2024, 11:13 am
Brian,

Okay, I think I understand what to do for the first file, the one where there's only one line so I'll hopefully send that over this evening. The other one I think I understand most of it lol but I guess one major difference is, why don't the dramatic works have us say the standard librovox intro "Section _ of dah dah , this is a librovox recording. all recordings are in the public domain, etc. etc." lol
We do say them. Or, rather, the narrator does. Essentially, a DR is sort of a cross between collaborative book project and play. In a book project, the BC usually aligns chapters with sections in the MW. Volunteers claim chapters, i.e. sections, and record them as units (mp3 files) that have intro and outros. But for plays (mp3 per scene or act), and for DR's (mp3 for chapter or chapters) there are there are multiple readers (claimants) in each of the final mp3 recordings (one per act, scene, etc.). That's because the claims extend over multiple sections, since they are for roles. So we don't really need multiple standard intros, but just one per mp3 recording and that one is done by the narrator. For this project, I am the narrator and it's my responsibility, as such, to do those standardized bits. Make sense?

For a DR someone, most often the BC, copies from the source text, which they then scan for quotes indicating lines delivered by a character's voice actor in making a script from the source text. We then indicate who (which character) reads (volunteer portrays) the quoted text. Some script makers (BC's) like to do that indicating using color coding, others insert "headings", some do both. I don't usually use color coding because someone (who shall go nameless) told me they are color blind and can't distinguish color shades easily.

I hope I am not belaboring this to the point of confusing you. Let me know if you'd like terser answers!

Honestly, it's such second nature for me, I probably would have done that if I hadn't seen your response. :)

Okay, I will at least get one of them done and I'll try and navigate and see if I can find my lines for the other section...
I'm sure you'd have figured it out! I'm glad you're anxious to get a recording in and I look forward to hearing it. But don't knock yourself out. I'm not sure when your role is "due". If you ever need more time just let me know. I want you to have fun doing this. If you do that, I'm certain I will have fun listening to the finished product.

Best,
Brian
If I were you I'd claim a Gold-Killer role. Just sayin'
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

WinterMoon wrote: May 11th, 2024, 11:13 am

Okay, I will at least get one of them done and I'll try and navigate and see if I can find my lines for the other section...
I don't know about you but I tend to like examples. You don't need to do what I'm saying in this post. It's totally up to you, of course ...

Try clicking on this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A5gtN5ZOB9-61rvmoyNFJcCuZIM6gMW2/view?usp=drive_link For me that link opens a little "Open with Preview" media player provided by Google.

If you press the Play/Pause icon and listen (through the standard LV intro) for about 55 seconds you should hear my voice saying "Anne's French Maid read by". When I have your voice credit I will replace that bit by doing a copy / paste from your part 1 role recording.

I'm sure you don't have a ton of time to spend on this. So don't worry about listening beyond the voice credits unless you really want to listen to the entire recording (BEWARE: it's about an hour long!!!).

Instead, hit Play/Pause again to pause playback. Scroll out to around the 46:00 mark where you should hear some dialog. At around the 46:20 mark you should hear my voice saying "Anne asked the maid" and then you'll hear a few seconds of silence followed by me saying "was the reply." In that few seconds between me saying your cue and "was the reply" I will copy / paste your single line for Part 1.

If you decide to give it a go, and run into any problems, don't dwell on them ... just shoot me a post. Okay?
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

Uploading Part 1 for PL!

Let me know if anything needs edited. :D
~Christine~

Remember: "Even a glow stick had to break to shine."
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

~Christine~

BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Well, Christine, I must say that you and Julie, the French Maid, outshine innumerable glow sticks! PL OK!

Thank you
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

I have uploaded an enhanced (to include the French Maid) Part 1 recording to https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/goldkiller_1_prosper_128kb.mp3

Its current duration is 1:01:51 and I believe that Part 1 is just a butler away from ready for PL!

The updated copy of Part 1 is also in the folder of Gold-Killer recordings in the Project Share that can be listened to without impacting LV servers.
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

BrianFullen wrote: May 13th, 2024, 5:53 pm
Well, Christine, I must say that you and Julie, the French Maid, outshine innumerable glow sticks! PL OK!

Thank you

:clap: awwww yay! now onto part 5
~Christine~

hannahhaunts

Post by hannahhaunts »

BrianFullen wrote: May 7th, 2024, 6:43 am
hannahhaunts wrote: May 6th, 2024, 12:46 pm Hi! Here is part 2 for Chickie. I tried to upload over the weekend but was having some technical difficulties. I will be out of town the remainder of this week, so I will work on any needed edits when I return. (Then I'll get started on the remaining parts.) Hope this is ok. ^_^

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/goldkiller_chickie_2.mp3 (11:08)
Yer Aces with me, kid, an' so's yer friend, Chickie! :D PL OK!
Woo! I've got some free time this weekend so I will get to work on my remaining parts. :)
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

hannahhaunts wrote: May 17th, 2024, 7:27 pm

Woo! I've got some free time this weekend so I will get to work on my remaining parts. :)
8-) I look forward to hearing it.
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

Hey Brian!

I wanted to reach out once I got a confirmed response. I had an audition recently and it appears that I may have an opportunity in the near future to sign with an agent and to work on finding some tv/film and commercial roles. I did not want your thread here to be held up waiting on me and I am unsure how busy things might become over the summer.

I will always be grabbing some claims here and be grateful for the opportunity to stay "active" in my vocals and narrations whenever possible. I just want to release my claim on my second section because it isn't fair to have it held for so long.

I genuinely appreciate your flexibility and help for this project!

Thank you!
~Christine~

BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

WinterMoon wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 9:51 pm Hey Brian!

I wanted to reach out once I got a confirmed response. I had an audition recently and it appears that I may have an opportunity in the near future to sign with an agent and to work on finding some tv/film and commercial roles. I did not want your thread here to be held up waiting on me and I am unsure how busy things might become over the summer.

I will always be grabbing some claims here and be grateful for the opportunity to stay "active" in my vocals and narrations whenever possible. I just want to release my claim on my second section because it isn't fair to have it held for so long.

I genuinely appreciate your flexibility and help for this project!

Thank you!
Thanks for letting me know, Christine, and good luck with your commercial opportunities.
hannahhaunts

Post by hannahhaunts »

Hi there! Here is part 5 for Chickie.
(I wasn't sure if I was supposed to slate for every part, or just my first part. I've left the slate in on this one but if it needs to be removed or if I should skip it for part 6, please let me know.) ^_^

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/goldkiller_chickie_5.mp3 (02:12)
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

hannahhaunts wrote: May 24th, 2024, 9:41 am Hi there! Here is part 5 for Chickie.
(I wasn't sure if I was supposed to slate for every part, or just my first part. I've left the slate in on this one but if it needs to be removed or if I should skip it for part 6, please let me know.) ^_^

Slick! PL okay. The slating's up to you at this point. If you include it for Part 6 I'll use that; if not I'll reuse this one. I really like what you're doing ...
hannahhaunts

Post by hannahhaunts »

BrianFullen wrote: May 24th, 2024, 11:26 am
hannahhaunts wrote: May 24th, 2024, 9:41 am Hi there! Here is part 5 for Chickie.

Slick! PL okay. The slating's up to you at this point. If you include it for Part 6 I'll use that; if not I'll reuse this one. I really like what you're doing ...
Sounds good, thanks so much! I've got part 6 recorded but haven't had the time to get to editing (yet).
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

hannahhaunts wrote: May 27th, 2024, 4:48 pm
BrianFullen wrote: May 24th, 2024, 11:26 am

Sounds good, thanks so much! I've got part 6 recorded but haven't had the time to get to editing (yet).
Thanks for the update. :)