[CHRISTIAN BIO] The Autobiography of Charles H. Spurgeon, Volume 1 - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
tnestleroad

Post by tnestleroad »

Section 7 is uploaded. https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1_07_spurgeon_128kb.mp3 Run time is 18:06.

I can take sections 4, 5, and 6 too.
~ Tara
KatieMama

Post by KatieMama »

Katie
Web: https://loseyourselfbooks.wordpress.com/
Twitter: @KatieLHWrites
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

May I claim section 10, please?😀
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

tnestleroad wrote: May 6th, 2024, 1:24 pm Section 7 is uploaded. https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1_07_spurgeon_128kb.mp3 Run time is 18:06.

I can take sections 4, 5, and 6 too.
Great job. This is PL OK.

Thanks,

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

gracesilvey wrote: May 7th, 2024, 2:47 pm May I claim section 10, please?😀
Great, thankyou!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes. Could you resolve the technical issues and then re-upload the file before prooflistening?
  • The volume of this track is 85.26dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to 4dB.
KatieMama

Post by KatieMama »

InTheDesert wrote: May 7th, 2024, 8:32 pm This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes. Could you resolve the technical issues and then re-upload the file before prooflistening?
  • The volume of this track is 85.26dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to 4dB.
Sorry about that! For some reason my mic records at a different level every time! I think I'll try a different mic next time.
Is this any better?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1_09_spurgeon_128kb.mp3
Katie
Web: https://loseyourselfbooks.wordpress.com/
Twitter: @KatieLHWrites
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes. Could you resolve the technical issues and then re-upload the file before prooflistening?
  • The volume of this track is 102.26dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to -13dB.
Likestoread

Post by Likestoread »

I have attempted unsuccessfully to upload my recording of section 3 of the Autobiography of Charles Spurgeon several times but keep getting a message saying "error" and indicating the file type is not correct. To the best of my knowledge I am using the same mp.3 file as was used on my test sample that was approved.

I request an extension and advice on how to correctly upload my recording.
Likestoread
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Likestoread wrote: May 8th, 2024, 10:22 pm I have attempted unsuccessfully to upload my recording of section 3 of the Autobiography of Charles Spurgeon several times but keep getting a message saying "error" and indicating the file type is not correct. To the best of my knowledge I am using the same mp.3 file as was used on my test sample that was approved.

What is the full name (including extension) of the file on your computer? Something like autobiography1_09_spurgeon_128kb.mp3
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Likestoread wrote: May 8th, 2024, 10:22 pm I have attempted unsuccessfully to upload my recording of section 3 of the Autobiography of Charles Spurgeon several times but keep getting a message saying "error" and indicating the file type is not correct. To the best of my knowledge I am using the same mp.3 file as was used on my test sample that was approved.

How are you making the mp3? Are you doing a SAVE AS or EXPORT?
Very limited computer access Wed-Sun, May 15-19.
LeahHansen

Post by LeahHansen »

mleigh wrote: May 1st, 2024, 5:38 pm
LeahHansen wrote: April 30th, 2024, 11:18 am
mleigh wrote: April 26th, 2024, 3:52 pm

Thank you for eliminating those. There is just one more fix that needs to be done. The background noise has been pushed over the allowed level, so this will need to be reduced. You might need to increase the volume of the recording, if the noise reduction brought it under the minimum of 86 dB.

Thanks,

M
Hi, I have no experience editing audio recordings. I attempted to fix the background volume by re-running the "ReplayGain" on Audacity, and re-exporting the clip. Did this decrease the background noise? If this didn't fix it, I'll need to be shown how to increase the volume of a recording, or where to alter the noise reduction.

Here is the link to my newly uploaded version of Section 13...
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1_13_spurgeon_128kb.mp3

- Leah
It is showing a noise level of 51 dB which fails in Checker. Have you used the "Noise Reduction" feature in Audacity?
The noise level needs to be brought down a couple of dB at the least.

M
I re-uploaded my recording after using the Noise Reduction feature, and it making sure it passed the Checker. Here is the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1_13_spurgeon_128kb.mp3
Likestoread

Post by Likestoread »

re-uploaded as cvs. apparently it went thru?? Please verify.
Likestoread
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Likestoread wrote: May 10th, 2024, 10:27 am re-uploaded as cvs. apparently it went thru?? Please verify.
Can you pot the link to the thread? I've never heard of a cvs file.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I did a web search on "CVS file" and only got CSV files (comma-separated text files).

However, I found this in the uploader: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/autobiography1,section3,spurgeon,128,mp3.mp3

It sounds like a whole bunch of people talking at once. :hmm:
Very limited computer access Wed-Sun, May 15-19.