[GROUP] Sermons on the Canticle of Canticles, Volume 1, by Saint Bernard of Clairvaux - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is Sermon 43:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sermonscanticles1_43_bernard_128kb.mp3 11:43

I thought the footnote was interesting enough to include, and did my best with the Latin.
Feel free to delete it if not wanted.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ej400

Post by ej400 »

silverquill wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 5:37 pm Here is Sermon 43:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sermonscanticles1_43_bernard_128kb.mp3 11:43

I thought the footnote was interesting enough to include, and did my best with the Latin.
Feel free to delete it if not wanted.
Well done Larry! Section 43 is PL OK!
vincentl

Post by vincentl »

I obviously have not acted on my assigned section for some time. I will ultimately get back to recording ... probably in a few weeks. You can leave it assigned or not until then but in the short term I'm not making headway due to more pressing demands on my time.

I'm still very interested in this title and when I return will be giving it my focus.
-- Vinny Lerin
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

vincentl wrote: March 28th, 2024, 7:23 am I obviously have not acted on my assigned section for some time. I will ultimately get back to recording ... probably in a few weeks. You can leave it assigned or not until then but in the short term I'm not making headway due to more pressing demands on my time.

I'm still very interested in this title and when I return will be giving it my focus.
I've added a month!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
Donk

Post by Donk »

Hello, I would like to claim section 1 as a reader if I may. This is my first time reading for librivox, but I just posted in the test recordings and I passed the technical specifications. Thanks for considering me!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Donk wrote: March 29th, 2024, 12:08 pm Hello, I would like to claim section 1 as a reader if I may. This is my first time reading for librivox, but I just posted in the test recordings and I passed the technical specifications. Thanks for considering me!
Welcome to Librivox Duncan,
It would be great to have you record section 1 for this project (Sermons on Canticles). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit section 1. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
Donk

Post by Donk »

Here is Section 1. It passed the Checker, so I don't believe there are any technical issues with the audio, however, I'd appreciate any feedback. Is there anything I need to change or edit in this audio? Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/sermonscanticles1_01_bernard_128kbps.mp3
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes for it. Could you resolve them and then re-upload the file before it gets PLed?
  • We need 0.75 seconds of silence at the start of each Librivox track and 5 seconds at the end (or as close as you can make it). Currently, it's about 2.1 at the start and about 8 at the end.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I would like to read Section 18, if I may.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

silverquill wrote: April 5th, 2024, 9:31 am I would like to read Section 18, if I may.
MW updated!
Donk

Post by Donk »

Sorry it took a minute, but I believe I fixed the technical issues with the original file. Thanks again!

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

This section hasn't been proof-listened yet but here are the technical notes for it. Could you resolve them and then re-upload the file before it gets PLed?
  • The volume of this track is 85.85dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to 3dB.
Donk

Post by Donk »

I applied the Loudness normalization effect, set the perceived loudness to -19lufs, ran the file through the checker app, and the decibel level was at 88.8 I believe. Should I apply that effect to all files in the future do you think or would you say it depends on the decibel level measured in the checker? Thank you.

InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 1 is PL OK!

Thanks for contributing to this project. Can I offer you any more sections?
Donk

Post by Donk »

Thank you! Can I claim section 2 please?