[Group] The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers, by Lydia Hoyt Farmer - brrot

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
jenno

Post by jenno »

Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

jenno wrote: March 19th, 2024, 6:25 pm Here is section 9

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/theboysbookoffamousrulers_09_farmer_128kb.mp3

duration 24.16

Jennifer
Thanks so much! Queued for PL.
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is section 10.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/theboysbookoffamousrulers_10_farmer_128kb.mp3

duration 21.36

I think i have incorrectly ended section 9. I just said end of part 1. not end of section 9.

I will correct if necessary ??? before PL ??

Jennifer
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

jenno wrote: March 19th, 2024, 10:53 pm Here is section 10.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/theboysbookoffamousrulers_10_farmer_128kb.mp3

duration 21.36

I think i have incorrectly ended section 9. I just said end of part 1. not end of section 9.

I will correct if necessary ??? before PL ??

Jennifer
Ah, thanks for catching that. Yes, the ending should be "End of section 9" (or whatever section you're working on. Please correct whenever able. Thanks!
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
LaurieJW

Post by LaurieJW »

Hello! Here is the last section of the book:

Napoleon I Part 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/theboysbookoffamousrulers_37_farmer_128kb.mp3

Minutes:
27:58

Any and all feedback are welcome!

Cheers~ Laurie
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

LaurieJW wrote: March 20th, 2024, 12:39 pm Hello! Here is the last section of the book:

Napoleon I Part 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/theboysbookoffamousrulers_37_farmer_128kb.mp3

Minutes:
27:58

Any and all feedback are welcome!

Cheers~ Laurie
Great thank you! Queued for PL.
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
jenno

Post by jenno »

jenno

Post by jenno »

Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

jenno wrote: March 20th, 2024, 10:53 pm Section 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/theboysbookoffamousrulers_11_farmer_128kb.mp3

duration 23.11

Jennifer
Thank you Jennifer! Sections 9,10, 11 are all queued for PL.
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
henners94

Post by henners94 »

Hello All,

This is my first time posting here- I thought this would be a good place to start reading. However I may make a hash of it as it's my first attempt, so please be patient... would I be able to have a go at the first section on Robert The Bruce?

Kind regards,
Henners.
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

henners94 wrote: April 9th, 2024, 11:50 am Hello All,

This is my first time posting here- I thought this would be a good place to start reading. However I may make a hash of it as it's my first attempt, so please be patient... would I be able to have a go at the first section on Robert The Bruce?

Kind regards,
Henners.
Hi Henners, and welcome to Librivox!

Before I assign you a section, please make and submit a 1-minute test recording (1-minute test info) to make sure your recording set up meets Librivox standards. Post your test in the Forum appropriately named Post Your 1-Minute Test Recording Here and an experienced LVer will review it and provide feedback (and/or approve it).

This isn’t an audition, but just to make sure your technical specifications match those required by Librivox. (If you use Audacity, see Audacity 3.4.2 user? Here's how to ace this test for information about those specs.) It would be a shame to record a section then have to redo it because some basic setting is incorrect.

Once your test is approved, head back here and claim your section. I'll tentatively reserve section 19 for you for two weeks, pending that approval. When you return, please read the top of this thread carefully, as it contains all the instructions you'll need to submit your section.

Since this will be your first project, I'll need to create your reader page. What name would like to have displayed? It could be your username or any other name you'd prefer (personal or professional, etc.).
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
henners94

Post by henners94 »

Hello Claire,

My 1 minute test has been approved, may I have a go at Robert The Bruce if no one else has claimed it yet. Thank-you for your patience :D

All the best,
Henners.
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

henners94 wrote: April 13th, 2024, 10:04 am Hello Claire,

My 1 minute test has been approved, may I have a go at Robert The Bruce if no one else has claimed it yet. Thank-you for your patience :D

All the best,
Henners.
Hi Henners! Section 19 has been assigned to you. Please look at the instructions on the first post of the thread, as it gives all the details for the proper intro and ending. However, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions! Happy reading!

And, this is your reader page! As you pick up sections, this will be updated so you can keep track of anything pending, etc. https://librivox.org/reader/19418
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!