Post by Inkell »

alanmapstone wrote: March 15th, 2024, 11:32 am Ralph in Blanched Soldier

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drcollection5_blanchedsoldier_ralph.mp3
Thank you, Alan! :thumbs:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

alanmapstone wrote: March 15th, 2024, 11:32 am Ralph in Blanched Soldier

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drcollection5_blanchedsoldier_ralph.mp3
Well, he's supposed to be old but I'm hearing some youthfulness. Could you play him a tad older? Also, I imagine that he's a liveried servant, but I'm not hearing livery. Just kidding, of course. 1:41 of pure gold. PL OK, I say.
If I were you I'd claim a Gold-Killer role. Just sayin'
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

BrianFullen wrote: March 15th, 2024, 1:42 pm Well, he's supposed to be old but I'm hearing some youthfulness. Could you play him a tad older? Also, I imagine that he's a liveried servant, but I'm not hearing livery. Just kidding, of course. 1:41 of pure gold. PL OK, I say.
Thank you, Brian! :thumbs:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

MW Updated. :D
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: March 16th, 2024, 8:15 pm Colonel Emsworth for The Blanched Soldier
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drcollection5_blanchedsoldier_colonel.mp3 05:12
After hearing the Colonel warn me - quite convincingly, if I may say - that he 'would take offense at [my] infernal pertinacity', 'The matter will not bear discussion', 'I'll shoot you, sir! By God, I will!' and 'I am not so easily altered' it is with trepidation (bordering on absolute panic) that I note:

PL Note:

Repeated (4:56 & 5:01) line "That is so,"

PS,

Please don't shoot me, Colonel. Maybe Inkell could just pick the one she likes best ... and you could shoot her if it's the wrong choice ... sorry to offer you up, Inkell
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

BrianFullen wrote: March 16th, 2024, 9:10 pm After hearing the Colonel warn me - quite convincingly, if I may say - that he 'would take offense at [my] infernal pertinacity', 'The matter will not bear discussion', 'I'll shoot you, sir! By God, I will!' and 'I am not so easily altered' it is with trepidation (bordering on absolute panic) that I note:

PL Note:

PS,

Please don't shoot me, Colonel. Maybe Inkell could just pick the one she likes best ... and you could shoot her if it's the wrong choice ... sorry to offer you up, Inkell
Oh. I thought I had missed that line, so interpolated the second version when I was listening through. Yes, please just pick the version you like … I won't object (or treat it as pertinacity). [Lovely word that one, unfortunately almost fallen out of use today.]
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: March 16th, 2024, 9:35 pm
BrianFullen wrote: March 16th, 2024, 9:10 pm After hearing the Colonel warn me - quite convincingly, if I may say - that he 'would take offense at [my] infernal pertinacity', 'The matter will not bear discussion', 'I'll shoot you, sir! By God, I will!' and 'I am not so easily altered' it is with trepidation (bordering on absolute panic) that I note:

PL Note:

PS,

Oh. I thought I had missed that line, so interpolated the second version when I was listening through. Yes, please just pick the version you like … I won't object (or treat it as pertinacity). [Lovely word that one, unfortunately almost fallen out of use today.]
Whew! Dodged a bullet. Thanks. PL OK.
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

BrianFullen wrote: March 16th, 2024, 9:44 pm

PL Note:

PS,

Thank you both! :thumbs:

I can definitely choose which version I prefer when I edit it together, which could actually be sooner rather than later because we're just waiting on Greg's lines now and only missing a Godfrey
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Quick progress!
MW updated.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Inkell wrote: March 17th, 2024, 4:13 am
BrianFullen wrote: March 16th, 2024, 9:44 pm

Thank you both! :thumbs:

I can definitely choose which version I prefer when I edit it together, which could actually be sooner rather than later because we're just waiting on Greg's lines now and only missing a Godfrey
May I be Godfrey, please?
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

BrianFullen wrote: March 17th, 2024, 6:50 am May I be Godfrey, please?
Sure, welcome to the cast which fills us up. :thumbs:

If you'd like I could try being Havelock?
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Inkell wrote: March 17th, 2024, 7:00 am
BrianFullen wrote: March 17th, 2024, 6:50 am May I be Godfrey, please?
Sure, welcome to the cast which fills us up. :thumbs:

If you'd like I could try being Havelock?
Excellent on Godfrey. I was hoping for a role in The English Patient but Michael Ondaatje is alive and well, I pray, and so it will be a long wait until we can record that book. I can't do an English accent. Is it OK if I don't try? And I'm not holding Godfrey hostage for Havelock who is really more of a pariah than a leper, I think, so I don't see equivalency. Cheers.