OPEN [PLAYS] Greek Myths and Hero Tales, by Comstock - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thanks, Winnifred :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I won't be able to PL dramatic files until Thursday- will catch everything of mine up then. :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Inkell

Post by Inkell »

LCaulkins wrote: February 25th, 2024, 6:30 pm I won't be able to PL dramatic files until Thursday- will catch everything of mine up then. :)
That's fine, hope your work trip goes well :thumbs:
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you, Greg! I have put these in for PL :thumbs:

LCaulkins, you have another for when you get back, wib66 and AliceStein you both also have one
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you! :thumbs: I appreciate the fast turnaround on this project, however you have uploaded with the wrong file names so could you please resubmit them with the correct names? they need to be all lower case and the titles should be one word the way it is for mythsandhero, you also don't need the in (so for example: mythsandhero_polydectes_perseusandmedusa would be the correct name) the rest of the file name is correct.

Also since you need to resubmit them anyway, could you check to make sure you have saved the files with the correct technical specifications? Your sampling rate seems off. The checker program: https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/ is great for making sure they are correct before you submit if you do not use it already
Ikestudios

Post by Ikestudios »

Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you! :thumbs: They are in the MW ready for PL now.
alanmapstone, one for you and Winnifred there are two for you

Also AliceStein, I have done another take of Niobe's women so that is ready for Spot PL too, hopefully third time lucky!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Arethusa in Proserpina is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

First Shepherd in Midas and Apollo is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you, wib! MW updated :thumbs:
AliceStein

Post by AliceStein »

Niobe Narration
is
Spot PL ok!

Good night!

AliceStein
Ein Himmel mir und dir!
Insta:@librivox_readerette
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you, Alice! Have a good night :thumbs:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Ikestudios wrote: February 25th, 2024, 10:17 pm Here are mine.

Polydectes - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mythsandhero_Polydectes_in_Perseus_and_Medus.mp3
Perseus and Medusa, Polydectes

A wonderfully malicious Polydectes. However, I have a few corrections to request, mostly things that are required of either all dramatic readings (like the 3 to 5 seconds of silence between lines and the format/placement of the credit) or just this particular one (a pronunciation guide that provides different pronunciations than the usual). Requirements are generally described in the first post.
  • You’ve put your credit at the end as “T. Craft as the voice of Polydectes,” but that needs to be at the start of your recording as “Polydectes, read by T. Craft.” Then leave 3 to 5 seconds of silence before your first line.
  • In the first line, I hear “Where is the idle youth, Purse,” but Perseus is to be pronounced Pûr’suus (two syllables) according to the pronunciation guide at the end of the book (see the link in the first post for a list of how to pronounce the names).
  • At 0:14, I hear “With Dayay, his mother, he …” but that name needs to be pronounced with three syllables (Dan-ae-ay)
  • At 0:34, 0:44, 1:38, 2:01, I hear “Pers-ay-us.” Those will also all need to be changed to Pûr’suus.
  • There isn’t enough silence between your lines for the editor to work with this file (a requirement for all dramatic readings). Please add more silence between each of your lines to bring them up to between 3 and 5 seconds. This applies at 0:27, 0:36 (silence is also needed before and after when there’s a stage direction in the middle of your lines), 0:43, 1:02, 1:35, 1:39, 1:59, 2:13, and 2:28.
  • At 1:25, I hear the repeated line “He will never return” and laughter, but those lines are spoken by the Courtiers, not Polydectes. He only says it once. Please delete the extras. (A pity, as it's very effectively done.)
Please make these changes and reupload your file.

Thanks,
Winnifred