[COMPLETE] Five Little Peppers in the Little Brown House by Margaret Sidney - loa

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Hello, I'd like to claim chapters 13 and 14 if they are still available.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ShellyW wrote: February 9th, 2024, 5:25 pm Hello, I'd like to claim chapters 13 and 14 if they are still available.
Just to clarify, you're asking for Sections 16, 17, 18, and 19? Because that's what I've assigned to you. Let me know if that wasn't your intention.

And with that, all sections are now claimed! That was fast.

Cheers,
Winnifred
From May 15-23, no access to Checker or to PL readings longer than 10 minutes

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Yes, that was my intention. Thank you!!
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Wow, recording a 30-minute section sure is different from the 2-minute sections I have recorded up to now! I am really enjoying it though.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_16_sidney_128kb.mp3
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

Yay! I am so glad that I will not have to record that again, it took soo long :lol: . I am going to send in my second chapter soon, after I edit it.
-Iona
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ShellyW wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:08 pm Wow, recording a 30-minute section sure is different from the 2-minute sections I have recorded up to now! I am really enjoying it though.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_16_sidney_128kb.mp3
Glad to hear it! Yes, the longer sections pose a different sort of challenge altogether. Just wait till you try to tackle something that's 7,000 words or more! (I try to avoid it; I find that 20 to 30 minutes is my limit, as after that time my voice gets all croaky and I stumble over ordinary words).

Section 16 is in the Magic Window and ready for PL. For future reference, remember to include the length of your recording when you post the link, please.

Thanks!
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:19 pm Yay! I am so glad that I will not have to record that again, it took soo long :lol: . I am going to send in my second chapter soon, after I edit it.
-Iona
That was my biggest surprise when I first started. The recording is only step 1!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Project moved to 'Readers Found'.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 6 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Thanks. Ready for PL.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

Here is chapter 5.:) Phew! That was long, my mouth is dry as a bone :lol: :lol: Time: 32min 7sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_05_sidney_128kb.mp3
~All the best,
Joy~

I'm not just joyful, I'm jolly!<3
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

j0lly wrote: February 13th, 2024, 1:29 pm Here is chapter 5.:) Phew! That was long, my mouth is dry as a bone :lol: :lol: Time: 32min 7sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_05_sidney_128kb.mp3
Thanks. Ready for PL!

Yes, recording does dry out your mouth, doesn't it? I try to keep a glass of water close at hand, keep the recording running, take a sip when I need it, then edit out the swallowing/drinking sounds afterwards.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

Sooo, I am actually gonna take a while before sending in my second chapter because, when I was editing my second chapter, I realized that I accidently said "Polly" instead of "Phronsie" and I did not realize it till now, and I couldn't figure out how to voice over the mistake. So, I was just kinda messing around with it (I don't think I've ever mentioned before that my favorite button is the 'undo' button :D ) and all of a sudden, it just x'ed out of everything that I recorded, I did not save it :( . So now I have to record it all over again! :( ! If anyone knows how to voice over a mistake in Audacity, could they please share? I tried placing the curser right before the mistake, then pressing 'record', but it just added a new clip onto the end. So I dunno :hmm: . (You know, there needs to be an emoji for shrugging shoulders)

Thanks,
-Iona
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 13th, 2024, 7:28 pm Sooo, I am actually gonna take a while before sending in my second chapter because, when I was editing my second chapter, I realized that I accidently said "Polly" instead of "Phronsie" and I did not realize it till now, and I couldn't figure out how to voice over the mistake. So, I was just kinda messing around with it (I don't think I've ever mentioned before that my favorite button is the 'undo' button :D ) and all of a sudden, it just x'ed out of everything that I recorded, I did not save it :( . So now I have to record it all over again! :( ! If anyone knows how to voice over a mistake in Audacity, could they please share? I tried placing the curser right before the mistake, then pressing 'record', but it just added a new clip onto the end. So I dunno :hmm: . (You know, there needs to be an emoji for shrugging shoulders)

Thanks,
-Iona
This was one of the most important things I learned when I first started. Mute the main track, place your cursor at the spot where you want the corrected bit to start, then click Shift-Record, let go and start speaking. That will place the new recording directly under the bit you want to replace, and you can check it, then copy and paste it over the original. (If you don’t hit Shift along with Record, it puts the new recording after the original track.)

Hope that helps. My son’s version of a shrug emoji is this: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works well enough.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted: