[COMPLETE] Five Little Peppers in the Little Brown House by Margaret Sidney - loa

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
yolandareads

Post by yolandareads »

Good morning, I'd like to claim Chapter 7.1 through Chapter 8.2 please. Thank you!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

yolandareads wrote: January 31st, 2024, 5:10 am Good morning, I'd like to claim Chapter 7.1 through Chapter 8.2 please. Thank you!
All yours!

Thanks,
Winnifred
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

Hey! I already posted this question, and it is not showing up, so if you see it twice, that is why :) . But, can I read chapters 9 and 10? If so, I would appreciate any helpful tips or details, as I have never recorded for LibriVox, but have had lots of experience reading to my sisters and great-grandmother.

-Iona
"Anyone can smile on his best day. I like to meet a man who can smile on his WORST!" Lauren Graham

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
KayKay

Post by KayKay »

Here is Chapter 6 with the suggested changes:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_06_sidney_128kb.mp3

36:38

Thank you,

Andrea
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: January 31st, 2024, 2:30 pm Hey! I already posted this question, and it is not showing up, so if you see it twice, that is why :) . But, can I read chapters 9 and 10? If so, I would appreciate any helpful tips or details, as I have never recorded for LibriVox, but have had lots of experience reading to my sisters and great-grandmother.

-Iona
Doesn't look like the first one came through at all. Yes, you may have Chapters 9 and 10 (note that because some chapters in this book are split in two, these are actually Sections 11 and 12, so 11 and 12 are the numbers you put into your file names.

Tips? Start by carefully reading the first post (page) of this project. It will tell you what you need to know about the amount of silence required at the beginning and end of your recording, what to say at the start and end (the disclaimers), what to name your files, where to upload them and which folder to select, how much time you have to complete and submit your recordings (2 months), and more. Feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear.

As for the actual recording, you made it through the 1-minute test, so it should be pretty straightforward. Just use the same settings as you did for your successful test. When you've finished editing, and have exported the file to mp3, use the Checker to double-check that file before you upload it.

I generally listen to my recordings twice after I record and before I export them; once against the text to make sure I haven't missed/misread anything, and once without the text, to see if I hear any noises I want to edit out, or to tweak (lengthen or shorten) the silences to make the narrative sound more natural. I don't need to advise you on how to read; you have experience in that already.

Hope that helps?

I've set you up in the Librivox catalogue under the name IonaMuirgel2002; if you want to change that later, you can ask any of the admins to do so. Here's your Reader page in the catalogue, which you can also reach from your name-link in the Magic Window. It lists all the projects you read for (completed and in progress). You can also keep track of your sections in ongoing projects from the link "Reader section details."

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

KayKay wrote: January 31st, 2024, 3:33 pm Here is Chapter 6 with the suggested changes:

Thank you,

Andrea
Thanks, Andrea. That looks good. It's now in the Magic Window, ready for PL. Stay tuned for Elijah's feedback.

Cheers,
Winnifred
IonaMuirgel2002

Thank you so much Winnifred! I really appreciate it!
-Iona
"Anyone can smile on his best day. I like to meet a man who can smile on his WORST!" Lauren Graham

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
IonaMuirgel2002

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_11_128kb.mp3 Here is my recording, section 11, chapter 9.
-Iona

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 7th, 2024, 3:00 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_11_128kb.mp3 Here is my recording, section 11, chapter 9.
-Iona
Thanks! It's now in the Magic Window for proof-listening.

Cheers,
Winnifred
ej400

Post by ej400 »

KayKay wrote: January 31st, 2024, 3:33 pm Here is Chapter 6 with the suggested changes:

Thank you,

Andrea
Hello there!

Well done with this one, you have a very nice voice :9:

I do have just 2 PL notes for you:

@ about 36:17 I hear "and her black tongue," where the text reads "and her small pink tongue."

@ the end of the recording, can you please change the outro to "end of chapter 6." Currently, it is "Chapter 6, the little white cat."

Great work again! Looking forward to more of your work :thumbs:

Let me know if you need any help.
Thanks
Elijah
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

I've claimed Chapter 11 (Section 13) for myself.

Cheers,
Winnifred
bhelensears

Post by bhelensears »

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

bhelensears wrote: February 8th, 2024, 7:13 am Hi,

Here is Chapter 1.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/littlebrownhouse_01_sidney_128kb.mp3 22:06

Helen
Thanks! In the Magic Window, and awaiting PL.

Cheers,
Winnifred
Mdoreen32

Post by Mdoreen32 »

Can I read Sections 14 and 15, please? At the Parsonage
Doreen Marcotte
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Mdoreen32 wrote: February 9th, 2024, 12:55 pm Can I read Sections 14 and 15, please? At the Parsonage
They're yours!

Thanks,
Winnifred