[COMPLETE] WORLD-POWER AND EVOLUTION by Ellsworth Huntington - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapter 13 Sooo close... only two more edits.
26:48 repeat "To some minds it will seem difficult to believe that the strength of Germany on the one hand and of her enemies on the other is due in considerable measure to the stimulus of their"

30:53 mistake "if it is" just before "if it be a fact"
niobium

Post by niobium »

last section ready for a spot check.

The part about Turkey does make me think about what progress should have been made since the introduction of new technology, new construction projects, and a few new governments and laws. From what I can tell from a few ex patriots of that region and rest of the middle east, it is a low trust society, where most people are used to checking their own payroll for discrepancies, and sometimes the water and electric utilities start extortion. that part with the descriptions of the engineering company being inundated with different nationalities who make no effort to understand each other still sadly happens. It seems to be almost the trademark to walk into a work site and see either someone barking incoherent orders in a foreign language or standing around with a clipboard obviously feeling that productive labour is below them. Of course it happens here too, but its up on a different scale in what we call developing nations.

Perhaps the biggest criticism is that now over 100 years since the massive modernisation program, parts of Turkey are still "developing"
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

niobium wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 4:53 pm last section ready for a spot check.

The part about Turkey does make me think about what progress should have been made since the introduction of new technology, new construction projects, and a few new governments and laws. From what I can tell from a few ex patriots of that region and rest of the middle east, it is a low trust society, where most people are used to checking their own payroll for discrepancies, and sometimes the water and electric utilities start extortion. that part with the descriptions of the engineering company being inundated with different nationalities who make no effort to understand each other still sadly happens. It seems to be almost the trademark to walk into a work site and see either someone barking incoherent orders in a foreign language or standing around with a clipboard obviously feeling that productive labour is below them. Of course it happens here too, but its up on a different scale in what we call developing nations.

Perhaps the biggest criticism is that now over 100 years since the massive modernisation program, parts of Turkey are still "developing"
Very interesting!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Chapter 13 is now PL ok. And now your part and mine are done for the completion of this very interesting book! Thank you Leon!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Completion noted. Will catalog asap. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Aaaand, I'm done here too.
Congratulations to another successfully completed project! :thumbs:

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/world-power-and-evolution-by-ellsworth-huntington/
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com