1-minute-test-sidda

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
Sidda

Post by Sidda »

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_sidda.mp3

This is the link to my 1 minute test. My user name is Sidda. I used Audacity as my recording software, Windows as my operating system, and USB as my mic type.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Sidda wrote: January 27th, 2024, 4:17 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_sidda.mp3

This is the link to my 1 minute test. My user name is Sidda. I used Audacity as my recording software, Windows as my operating system, and USB as my mic type.
1 Minute Test Feedback:

Welcome to Librivox and thanks for posting your test file. We look forward to you joining the community!

Reading Feedback:
You have a mellow, soothing voice.

Technical Feedback:
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): The volume of this track is 91.18dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The file falls within the outer ends of that range and so doesn't need to be changed but watch that it doesn't end up outside the range. The easiest way to automatically set the volume is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way would be to use the Amplify effect set to -2dB.
  • 00:00 Librivox needs mp3 files with a constant bitrate of 128kbps. This file is 75kbps. Since that is not one of the standard mp3 bitrates, you probably selected 'variable' rather than 'constant' bitrate.
  • 00:00 I think I would tend to describe this audio as 'overprocessed'. It's hard to describe what it is exactly - it can sound metallic or like there is a little reverb. Or that the 's' sounds are very prominent but other consonants are muffled. The cause is usually applying too many effects - particularly noise reduction which can rip out the mid-tones which give clarity. 2-6dB of noise reduction are usually all that is required. It could also be caused by exporting the file too early as an mp3 instead of performing your edits on the original recording.
Once you've tweaked these settings, upload the file again using the same filename (uploading to the same filename is important when you are submitting Librivox files) and post in the thread and I'll check it for you again!