[COMPLETE] The Cask, by Freeman Wills Crofts - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

RashimSaleh

Post by RashimSaleh »

Heyy cool people!

I am currently editing the final remaining chapter(26) since I did the recording a few days ago. I wanted to let you know that I've been having to deal with a bit of health problems is why there's a delay in my submission. I am still progressing little by little(about 2 clean minutes out of about an hour TwT) and will continue, but if there's a need of better pace, I'm up for any advices the experienced ones would kindly give.(I estimate I would take about a week or two at most, Godwilling, and will try to prepare it sooner if possible)
Thanks for being patient.

-Rashim Saleh
vviera

Post by vviera »

RashimSaleh wrote: December 20th, 2023, 7:52 am Heyy cool people!

I am currently editing the final remaining chapter(26) since I did the recording a few days ago. I wanted to let you know that I've been having to deal with a bit of health problems is why there's a delay in my submission. I am still progressing little by little(about 2 clean minutes out of about an hour TwT) and will continue, but if there's a need of better pace, I'm up for any advices the experienced ones would kindly give.(I estimate I would take about a week or two at most, Godwilling, and will try to prepare it sooner if possible)

-Rashim Saleh
Rashim, I'm sorry I made you feel that way. There is no huge hurry. Take your time and don't push yourself. My number one rule for myself on Librivox is that whatever I'm doing must be fun! I was not intending to push you too much. I just didn't want it to go into February. If you are sick and need to take a break, no problem!!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
RashimSaleh

Post by RashimSaleh »

vviera wrote: December 20th, 2023, 7:57 am
RashimSaleh wrote: December 20th, 2023, 7:52 am Heyy cool people!

-Rashim Saleh
Rashim, I'm sorry I made you feel that way. There is no huge hurry. Take your time and don't push yourself. My number one rule for myself on Librivox is that whatever I'm doing must be fun! I was not intending to push you too much. I just didn't want it to go into February. If you are sick and need to take a break, no problem!!
Hello Verla!

I should've paid more attention to the phrasing haha. I am not pushing myself; be assured, I was just trying to submit it in less than a month if possible since this already has taken much longer than expected I assume, and then I myself am interested in listening to the finished product(and lowkey trying not to be last). And also, do not worry, I picked up recording partially because there's fun involved, and I will be sure to take breaks if needed.
Thank you for...being cool? :thumbs:

-Rashim Saleh
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Nancy and Verla,
PL Okay for chapter 30. The MW was already marked when I went to record this, so perhaps you looked at it, Verla? No worries--just wondering. It's a great ending and I'll look forward to the remaining chapter.

Thanks,
Lora
vviera

Post by vviera »

ADKreader1122 wrote: December 20th, 2023, 12:40 pm Nancy and Verla,
PL Okay for chapter 30. The MW was already marked when I went to record this, so perhaps you looked at it, Verla? No worries--just wondering. It's a great ending and I'll look forward to the remaining chapter.

Thanks,
Lora
Hm...I must have done that in error. I do a lot of PL so maybe I was just on auto-pilot. I didn't listen to it.

Cheers, VERLA
RashimSaleh

Post by RashimSaleh »

Took a bit longer than expected, but here it is:

Chap 26 - 34m39s

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/cask_26_crofts_128kb.mp3
RashimSaleh

Post by RashimSaleh »

RashimSaleh wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:07 am Took a bit longer than expected, but here it is:

Chap 26 - 34m39s

I overlooked editing the pauses out from the beginning quarter of the recording, I'll be on it immediately.
It seems as if I've wasted a bit of server space? I'm not sure if I should be contacting an admin as the uploader says.
vviera

Post by vviera »

RashimSaleh wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:13 am
RashimSaleh wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:07 am Took a bit longer than expected, but here it is:

Chap 26 - 34m39s

I overlooked editing the pauses out from the beginning quarter of the recording, I'll be on it immediately.
It seems as if I've wasted a bit of server space? I'm not sure if I should be contacting an admin as the uploader says.
Hi Rashim! I've been thinking about you and hoping everything was going well with the chapter. I know it can be daunting at first!

No need to do anything special when uploading a second time, and never change the file name when reuploading. The system automatically knows that the most recently uploaded version is the default.

And no worries at all about using too much space for corrected versions. They don't have to be deleted. Many sections get uploaded multiple times as corrections are made. That's to be expected.

Looking forward to it!

Cheers, VERLA
RashimSaleh

Post by RashimSaleh »

vviera wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:40 am
RashimSaleh wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:13 am

Chap 26 - 34m39s

Hi Rashim! I've been thinking about you and hoping everything was going well with the chapter. I know it can be daunting at first!

No need to do anything special when uploading a second time, and never change the file name when reuploading. The system automatically knows that the most recently uploaded version is the default.

And no worries at all about using too much space for corrected versions. They don't have to be deleted. Many sections get uploaded multiple times as corrections are made. That's to be expected.

Looking forward to it!
Understood, thanks for clarifying!
I think I'll do rest of the work later, there is quite a bit to check before I upload it, apologies for the false alarm.
RashimSaleh

Post by RashimSaleh »

vviera

Post by vviera »

RashimSaleh wrote: January 26th, 2024, 2:18 am Chap26

33m 14s

Finally got it done.
Hooray! Our DPL will be along shortly to give you feedback.

Cheers, VERLA
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Hi Rashim,
Two PL notes for you: at 15:45 please add the missing word "entered" to "...a girl of about five and twenty entered..." At 25:46 please add the missing word "though" to "though there might be nothing..."

Thank you,
Lora
RashimSaleh

Post by RashimSaleh »

33:15(revised chap26)

I did some patchwork, would this suffice? Sorry for the roughwork, currently a bit hard to record due to cold, could record those parts again after no longer nasal if that's preferred.
ADKreader1122

Post by ADKreader1122 »

Those edits are fine, Rashim, and much appreciated. PL Okay for chapter 26.

L.