SOLO Men of Iron, by Howard Pyle - rap

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
AnnieC

Post by AnnieC »

AnnieC wrote: December 12th, 2023, 6:00 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/menofiron_08_pyle_128kb.mp3

(let me know if that link doesn't work; I uploaded the file on a different device, but then that device was glitching on letting me log in to the forum & post the link, so I just typed it in over here)

Chapter 8

Duration - 18:27

I know of a stumble at about 3:12 (triple clapped & reread the section) & a space between words that felt too long while I was reading it at about 15:40.
It's completely raw, haven't run it through the Checker or anything, so feel free to fix anything, or let me know if there's something I need to fix.
-Annie C.

"...a sense of humor, that is to say, a sense of the fitness of things..."
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Nice!

I've fixed the main stumble and a couple of slighter ones and I shortened the space. I also amplified the recording.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/menofiron_08_pyle_128kb.mp3

This is what I would call PL OK, but I probably should have someone check that it went through correctly in the upload. Unless you have the time to give it a listen?
AnnieC

Post by AnnieC »

Just opened it from the Magic Window & listened to it; everything worked fine, & it sounds great now! Thank you very much!!

Also, our baby boy arrived safely a couple weeks ago, is doing well, & sure is sweet! (:
-Annie C.

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

AnnieC wrote: January 16th, 2024, 2:33 pm Also, our baby boy arrived safely a couple weeks ago, is doing well, & sure is sweet! (:
Congratulations! Absolutely angelic news! When will he be ready to record for Librivox? :mrgreen:
AnnieC

Post by AnnieC »

Well, he's got the lungpower for it - just working on his diction now. (:
-Annie C.