1 Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
cyningsleah

Post by cyningsleah »

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Elise_1_Min_Test.mp3

Software: Audacity
Mic: USB

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Elise
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

cyningsleah wrote: January 18th, 2024, 12:07 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Elise_1_Min_Test.mp3

Software: Audacity
Mic: USB

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Hi Elise,

Your test meets all the Librivox technical standards, so you're ready to start recording!

Just one minor note. I notice a moderate amount of background noise, which you might want to reduce in future recordings. You'd do that like this in Audacity:

1. Find a section of your recording that contains only background noise, and no speech (ideally one that shows some bumps and small spikes rather than a flat line). A minimum of 0.05 seconds is needed, though a longer Noise Profile is better. Select that section.

2. With that section selected, click “Effect > Noise Reduction....”

3. Under Step 1, click “Get Noise Profile.”

4. Select the entire recording (double-click inside the track or click Ctrl-A), then check your Noise Reduction parameters under Step 2. Mine are set as follows, and I’ve never needed to change them:

Noise Reduction (dB): 12
Sensitivity: 6.00
Frequency smoothing (bands): 3
Noise: Choose "Reduce"

5. If they’re set to this already, just click OK.

For your first recording, I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres.

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice? forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred
cyningsleah

Post by cyningsleah »

Excellent, thank you for the feedback and the suggestion about the background noise! I appreciate it!
Elise