[COMPLETE] The Augustan Books of Modern Poetry: Emily Brontë - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brucek

Post by brucek »

The Augustan Books of Modern Poetry: Emily Brontë, by Emily Brontë (1818 - 1848)

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/the-augustan-books-of-modern-poetry-emily-bronte-by-emily-bronte/
The inspirational and visionary poetry of Emily Brontë will live forever in the annals of great works of creative art. Renowned as the author of the novel "Wuthering Heights", the mystically contemplative poems of Brontë are featured in this superb collection of some of her best work. These are universally appealing poems that actively examine each and everyone's place in this life of love, loss and wonderment - the wonderment of millions of magical souls on a journey whose terminus remains obscure. Brontë writes of life and exhibits a prescient insight into a mystical universal life form - be it one of a new beginning, a replication, or a heuristic recap of a past long beyond the point of alteration.

We are most fortunate to be able to share the insight of this magnificent poet as she examines the machinations of the collective lived experience and the perception and wisdom of the nature of existence. And since the whim of an ill wind terminated too soon this brilliant soul's worldly reality, we are privileged to be able to learn of her sentiments, her hopes, her disappointments and her innermost feelings in these superb poems of a poet at the peak of prophetic ability and writing prowess.

Yet despite the dire conditions of the life that surrounded her, despite the illness, disappointment and death that was the lived reality of Emily Brontë, she maintained her faith and hope that good will indeed triumph over a seemingly bleak present. In the words of the poet, "I shall sing when night's decay / Ushers in the drearier day."
(Summary by Bruce Kachuk)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://books.google.gr/books?id=JSw3AAAAIAAJ

Target completion date: 2024-03-01

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author
Keywords that describe the book: afterlife, death, faith, love, hope, loss, regret, classic poetry
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"The Augustan Books of Modern Poetry: Emily Brontë, read for LibriVox dot org by Bruce Kachuk. Faith and Despondency."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"[Poem title], by Emily Brontë, read for LibriVox dot org."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of poem. This recording is in the public domain."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Augustan Books of Modern Poetry: Emily Brontë."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: emilybronte_##_bronte_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number (e.g. emilybronte_01_bronte_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: Rapunzelina

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
brucek

Post by brucek »

Hello Everyone,

This is a splendid collection of the inspirational poems of Emily Brontë. My reverence for these poems is only surpassed by my gratefulness for the opportunity to present them here.

I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks to Rapunzelina who has kindly offered to MC and also DPL this project, and to LV reader LectorRecitator who suggested this excellent and concise volume serving to preserve the works of one of the world's great poets.

~~~~~
Bruce.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello, Bruce!

We have a Magic Window, and everything looks good in the first post!
brucek

Post by brucek »

Thanks so much, Rapunzelina!

I'll begin reading. This is bound to be a very worthwhile and enjoyable project. :)

~~~~~
Bruce.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Lovely! I've moved us to Going Solo.
brucek

Post by brucek »

Here we go with the first four.

~~~~
Bruce.
brucek

Post by brucek »

Let's hold up on section 2. I just have to make one small correction.

Thanks,
B.
brucek

Post by brucek »

Meanwhile, here are sections 5 & 6 also.

~~
b.
brucek

Post by brucek »

And section 2.

~~
b.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Catchy rhyming! All six are PL OK!
LectorRecitator

Post by LectorRecitator »

brucek wrote: December 1st, 2023, 8:58 am Hello Everyone,

This is a splendid collection of the inspirational poems of Emily Brontë. My reverence for these poems is only surpassed by my gratefulness for the opportunity to present them here.

I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks to Rapunzelina who has kindly offered to MC and also DPL this project, and to LV reader LectorRecitator who suggested this excellent and concise volume serving to preserve the works of one of the world's great poets.

~~~~~
Bruce.
My pleasure. Thank you for crediting me.

Lector Recitator
Last edited by LectorRecitator on January 26th, 2024, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Click the author's name at the top of my posts for—potential—further info.

• If you adopt a book that was brought to your attention through a post of mine, please consider crediting me in the corresponding project thread—it will be much appreciated.
brucek

Post by brucek »

Here are six more.

~~
b.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

These are PL OK! And just like that this is 52% complete!
brucek

Post by brucek »

The next six . . .

~~
b.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

These are PL OK!