Introducing myself

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Ep752126

Post by Ep752126 »

Hi everyone, my name is Esmeralda I enjoy reading books I can finish one in a day or two. Now I want to read them out loud for other so hopefully everything goes well and you will hear me soon.
vviera

Post by vviera »

Ep752126 wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 5:33 pm Hi everyone, my name is Esmeralda I enjoy reading books I can finish one in a day or two. Now I want to read them out loud for other so hopefully everything goes well and you will hear me soon.
Welcome, Esmeralda! Do you speak Spanish?
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
byJO

Post by byJO »

Hello everyone, John Owen here. Audiobook listening is pretty much all I do now to read books and I'm very interested in learning how to narrate them, perhaps for ACX someday. I figured this would be a great place to start. Thanks for all the support I've received so far with the submissions I've posted.
vviera

Post by vviera »

byJO wrote: November 24th, 2023, 4:50 am Hello everyone, John Owen here. Audiobook listening is pretty much all I do now to read books and I'm very interested in learning how to narrate them, perhaps for ACX someday. I figured this would be a great place to start. Thanks for all the support I've received so far with the submissions I've posted.
Hi John, Welcome to Librivox!

First order of business, you have appended this introduction of yourself to that of another person. Your intro should be posted at the top level of the "New Here?..." forum.

Go to the forum, where there is a long list of all the people who are posting introductions, and click the "New Topic" button at the top. Paste your same intro into the new message.

If your intro is appended to someone else's, people are unlikely to see it, and I know there are others out there who might want to welcome you!

Cheers, VERLA
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

byJO wrote: November 24th, 2023, 4:50 am Hello everyone, John Owen here. Audiobook listening is pretty much all I do now to read books and I'm very interested in learning how to narrate them, perhaps for ACX someday. I figured this would be a great place to start. Thanks for all the support I've received so far with the submissions I've posted.
You might be interested in this: https://www.narratorsroadmap.com
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
byJO

Post by byJO »

vviera wrote: November 24th, 2023, 8:46 am
Hi John, Welcome to Librivox!

First order of business, you have appended this introduction of yourself to that of another person. Your intro should be posted at the top level of the "New Here?..." forum.

Go to the forum, where there is a long list of all the people who are posting introductions, and click the "New Topic" button at the top. Paste your same intro into the new message.

If your intro is appended to someone else's, people are unlikely to see it, and I know there are others out there who might want to welcome you!
Oops...so so sorry. Thanks for the correction. I have now done that. Please confirm I did it correctly.
Thx.
Ep752126

Post by Ep752126 »

vviera wrote: November 23rd, 2023, 7:39 am
Ep752126 wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 5:33 pm Hi everyone, my name is Esmeralda I enjoy reading books I can finish one in a day or two. Now I want to read them out loud for other so hopefully everything goes well and you will hear me soon.
Welcome, Esmeralda! Do you speak Spanish?
Hi yes I do
vviera

Post by vviera »

¡Bienvenida, Esmeralda!

Siempre me entusiasma saber que ha llegado otro(a) hispanohablante a LibriVox. En este momento hay tres proyectos en español que tal vez te interesen. El siguiente hilo contiene todos los proyectos en idiomas que no son inglés, y allí encontrarás los actuales en español:
viewforum.php?f=60
Hay hispanohablantes de varios países acá; vas a conocer a gente verdaderamente genial.

Puedes empezar con tu prueba de 1 minuto.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Prueba_de_1_minuto
No es una audición, sino una oportunidad para averiguar que todas tus configuraciones técnicas cumplen con los requisitos de Librivox.

Despúes de grabar la prueba, uno la sube para que alguien la chequee.
viewtopic.php?t=90874

Diviértete aprendiendo - esta es una comunidad amistosa, y todos están disponibles para responder a cualquier duda.

Repito, ¡bienvenida! Y haznos saber de necesitar algo de ayuda.

Verlina

Cheers, VERLA