Miss Prudence by Jenny Maria Drinkwater

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

This sounds like a very interesting and smart bok. It's a coming of age novel like The Wide, Wide World and The Lamplighter (both are excellent books.) I think it would be about 12 hours of finished recording. The book has 31 chapters. As far as I could see, it's about the self discovery of Marjery, and the people who help and support her along the way. Here is a link to the etext:
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10322
I don't know when the author died. But the book was published in 1883.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Born 1841 - died 1900 it seems and she wrote under a varity of names

Jennie Maria DRINKWATER, Mrs CONKLIN
(also wrote as: Mrs Nathaniel, CONKLIN)

Anne
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you, Anne. That was very helpful!
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am very willing to bc this book.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Bumping up this thread to catch some awareness. :wink:
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Miss Stav has moved on - so her BCing offer is no longer part of the 12-year-old suggestion. That's one of the reasons we discourage "bumping".
If you were interested in BCing it or soloing it I'm sure Stav would be delighted :D Just set it up in the new projects.

Anne
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Anne, I think there might have been a misunderstanding. Please let me explain my point more clearly. I wasn’t “bumping” the thread to raise awareness for Stav. It was just a way of “renewing” the book suggestion so that I didn’t have to make another thread for the same book.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave