[COMPLETE] Ladies Whose Bright Eyes, by Ford Madox Ford - loa

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: August 21st, 2023, 6:54 pm Hi Sarah, I am requesting two months extension on my claims.
Best,
Christine
Extension granted! Thanks for letting me know.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Sarah, Would you like me to PL your Section 0?
Best,
Christine
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: September 10th, 2023, 12:24 pm Hi Sarah, Would you like me to PL your Section 0?
Best,
Christine
That would be great when you have a chance, thank you!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Done Sarah. Section 0 is PL ok.
Christine
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: September 10th, 2023, 2:32 pm Done Sarah. Section 0 is PL ok.
Christine
Thank you!

Sarah
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

I'll take on section 7 if you like, duly noted to use a comma (rather than a period) partway through the third sentence in.

Thank you,
Brize Crize
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BrizeCrize wrote: September 15th, 2023, 6:31 am I'll take on section 7 if you like, duly noted to use a comma (rather than a period) partway through the third sentence in.

Thank you,
Brize Crize
It's all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Section 7, Part one, Chapter 7, attached, running 16:35:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_07_ford_128kb.mp3

Well, I belatedly saw your earlier post on pronunciation of 'Sorell' and 'Egerton'. There is a road near where I grew up spelled 'Edgerton' so I figured this was more of an EGG er ton. Let me know if you even notice and disagree strenuously. I also went with the more British sounding 'SOR-il'

Thank you,
Brize
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BrizeCrize wrote: September 18th, 2023, 12:18 pm Section 7, Part one, Chapter 7, attached, running 16:35:

Well, I belatedly saw your earlier post on pronunciation of 'Sorell' and 'Egerton'. There is a road near where I grew up spelled 'Edgerton' so I figured this was more of an EGG er ton. Let me know if you even notice and disagree strenuously. I also went with the more British sounding 'SOR-il'

Thank you,
Brize
Thank you for this section! It sounds great, as always. I have just a few notes:

- At the very beginning, could you include "Part 1" before "chapter 7"?
- At 6:11, "It would cause him to be chaffed for the rest of his life," I hear "It would cause him to be shaved for the rest of his life"
- At the very end, instead of "End of section 7," could you say "End of part 1, chapter 7"?

As for name pronunciations, it's all good! Minor variations will still be understood by the listener as the same names.

Sarah
Keight0

Post by Keight0 »

Hello,

Could I read part 1 chapter 4?

Thank you!
-Kate
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Keight0 wrote: September 19th, 2023, 9:00 am Hello,

Thank you!
-Kate
Certainly! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Scarbo wrote: September 18th, 2023, 5:13 pm
Thank you for this section! It sounds great, as always. I have just a few notes:

- At the very beginning, could you include "Part 1" before "chapter 7"?
- At 6:11, "It would cause him to be chaffed for the rest of his life," I hear "It would cause him to be shaved for the rest of his life"
- At the very end, instead of "End of section 7," could you say "End of part 1, chapter 7"?

As for name pronunciations, it's all good! Minor variations will still be understood by the listener as the same names.

Thanks, Scarbo. I'm still chaffing over my erroneous pronunciation of that word, which is historical for me, though I have always pronounced properly "separate the wheat from the chaff". Go figure.

Also, your first note caught a mysterious bugaboo for me in Audacity - SOMETHING causes my waveform to slide to the left a word or two (into negative territory) cutting them out of the recording, but still in the file (if you select Cntrl-A and listen, they're still there). Happens inexplicably, unexpectedly, sometimes at the last moment before I export, as happened here. Have no idea what I do that causes it and my only fix is to Cntrl-A, copy, and paste into a new file, as I did here. If you're an Audacity ace and have any idea please advise. (I would try the Audacity help thread, which has been very helpful on other things, but I'm so flummoxed by this situation I lack the technical words to clearly describe it - so I just keep gritting my teeth when it happens - grrr.)

Thanks for the fine PL'ing, as always.
Brize
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

My bad on the above post, Scarbo. It's two entirely different words, chaff and chafe. I guess I won't switch to saying 'chaffing at the bit' after all, I've been doing it right all along. The author just through me with his use of 'chaffing' here, must be a British thing...
Keight0

Post by Keight0 »

Scarbo wrote: September 19th, 2023, 2:17 pm
Keight0 wrote: September 19th, 2023, 9:00 am Hello,

Thank you!
-Kate
Certainly! Thank you for claiming!
Yay thank you! I'm excited to get started!
-Kate
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BrizeCrize wrote: September 20th, 2023, 6:07 am https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_07_ford_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Scarbo. I'm still chaffing over my erroneous pronunciation of that word, which is historical for me, though I have always pronounced properly "separate the wheat from the chaff". Go figure.

Also, your first note caught a mysterious bugaboo for me in Audacity - SOMETHING causes my waveform to slide to the left a word or two (into negative territory) cutting them out of the recording, but still in the file (if you select Cntrl-A and listen, they're still there). Happens inexplicably, unexpectedly, sometimes at the last moment before I export, as happened here. Have no idea what I do that causes it and my only fix is to Cntrl-A, copy, and paste into a new file, as I did here. If you're an Audacity ace and have any idea please advise. (I would try the Audacity help thread, which has been very helpful on other things, but I'm so flummoxed by this situation I lack the technical words to clearly describe it - so I just keep gritting my teeth when it happens - grrr.)

Thanks for the fine PL'ing, as always.
Brize
Thank you! There's just one quick change to make, and then this chapter will be good to go: at 6:12, "It would cause him to be chaffed for the rest of his life," I hear "It would cause him to be shaft for the rest of his life." A ch- sound as in "chat" will help the meaning to be clear to listeners.

Hmm, I'm afraid I don't know what might be happening in Audacity, but I've run into that a few times before, so I'm curious about what's causing it. I thought it might have to do with hitting ctrl+A, then possibly somehow accidentally holding left-click down while the file is selected so that a few seconds shift out of frame, but I couldn't replicate it in Audacity.

Sarah