Question relating to On-hold Projects

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Hello y'all,

I've always been curious what happens to the projects that are put on-hold. I understand that some readers intentionally need time before they start a project, but what about the novice volunteers who usually have 1 or 2 posts? I have noticed a pattern going on. For example: Someone starts a project. It gets put on-hold because they need to complete the 1-Minute Test. They haven't replied or have been active since then.

In that case, how long do threads stay in the on-hold subforum? (I hope this isn't a dumb question! :lol:)
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's a new subforum, before that they either clogged up the new projects or were moved to book suggestions and neither was satisfactory. How long -? Well, they are not projects at present so it doesn't really matter. There is no fixed time.
The threads are only available for the poster

Anne
added
If a project is actually started and the soloist asks us to keep it because they will be unable to add any more chapters for some time, it is moved off forum until they can continue - that has always happened - it will appear in the catalogue as being on hold but that is different.
DariaAM

Post by DariaAM »

Ah! So it’s basically between a non-active project and a book suggestion.

Well that clears up the confusion! Thank you, Anne.
Daria

Readers wanted:
The Robber’s Cave