[SOLO] Human, All-Too-Human Part 2 by Nietzsche - rr

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Ponderous as advertised, I've just finished section 4. You may notice that for footnote 10, I included only the English translation. I'd ask for pronunciation help and include the German if it were in the aphorism proper, but I feel this omission can be excused in a footnote. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/humanalltoohumanpart2_04_nietzche_128kb.mp3 (36:42)
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

redrun wrote: March 4th, 2023, 6:32 pm Ponderous as advertised, I've just finished section 4. You may notice that for footnote 10, I included only the English translation. I'd ask for pronunciation help and include the German if it were in the aphorism proper, but I feel this omission can be excused in a footnote. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/humanalltoohumanpart2_04_nietzche_128kb.mp3 (36:42)
Section 4 is PL OK
Krista
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Section 5 is ready for PL!

Nietzsche gets snippy with readers in several of these aphorisms, and it struck me as quite humorous. :lol: I used my fake angry voice, but... as also mentioned in this section, it seems not everyone can be rough who wants to be.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

redrun wrote: March 24th, 2023, 5:25 pm Section 5 is ready for PL!

Nietzsche gets snippy with readers in several of these aphorisms, and it struck me as quite humorous. :lol: I used my fake angry voice, but... as also mentioned in this section, it seems not everyone can be rough who wants to be.
Very nice :) This is PL OK :thumbs:
Krista
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Just popping in to say I'm still around, and I hope to have another section ready next week.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Section 6 is up! Several longer entries in this sections kept me recording longer than expected. :)
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

redrun wrote: May 18th, 2023, 10:18 pm Section 6 is up! Several longer entries in this sections kept me recording longer than expected. :)
No worries. I'm away for the weekend, but I'll be back to PLing next week :)
Krista
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Works for me! I also have weekend plans that would prevent most fixes. Enjoy your weekend!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Listening to it again myself, it seems I've switched up my pronunciation of "Goethe", and I don't want to confuse anybody with that. :oops:
I'm setting it back to status "Assigned", and I'll try to get that fixed. If you've already started on PL, then let me know and I'll post the timestamps of each section I change.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Sorry for the delay! I've replaced the Goethes. Section 6 is again ready for PL.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

redrun wrote: May 25th, 2023, 8:03 pm Sorry for the delay! I've replaced the Goethes. Section 6 is again ready for PL.
Section 6 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Krista
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Section 7 is ready for PL.

Keeping the present pace at about one a month, this is likely to be a very long term project. :lol:
I may speed up a little going forward, or maybe produce a batch to boost our progress, but I really enjoy this as a change of pace between other things. Nice to have such a variety of projects to work on!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

redrun wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 7:08 pm Section 7 is ready for PL.

Keeping the present pace at about one a month, this is likely to be a very long term project. :lol:
I may speed up a little going forward, or maybe produce a batch to boost our progress, but I really enjoy this as a change of pace between other things. Nice to have such a variety of projects to work on!
Slow and steady :) A relaxing pace is very nice.

Section 7 is PL OK :thumbs:
Krista
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Section 8 is now ready for PL, the longest section yet.

You'll notice I've continued to pick and choose the footnotes - and some of them it made more sense to include inside the aphorism than to wait for the end.

In general, I'm including context such as "this is a reference to that", or "fun fact about the author", but excluding translation quirks and word-play. Those might be interesting to someone who speaks both languages, but mean a good bit more pronunciation research for me. :wink:
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

redrun wrote: August 19th, 2023, 8:58 am Section 8 is now ready for PL, the longest section yet.

You'll notice I've continued to pick and choose the footnotes - and some of them it made more sense to include inside the aphorism than to wait for the end.

In general, I'm including context such as "this is a reference to that", or "fun fact about the author", but excluding translation quirks and word-play. Those might be interesting to someone who speaks both languages, but mean a good bit more pronunciation research for me. :wink:
Sorry for the delay. I'm back online and should get this PL'ed this weekend for you.

Krista
Krista