It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
~Dr. Seuss
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Bill Mosley wrote: June 1st, 2023, 11:07 am Howdy from Texas!

And here is the much maligned and wrongfully accused Henry Robinson:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/towertreasure_07_henry.mp3 0:31
501.96 KB
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/towertreasure_08_henry.mp3 2:22
2.28 MB
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/towertreasure_23_henry.mp3 1:14
1.19 MB
Thank you, and thanks for the quick turnaround!
Will PL this evening. :D
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Bill Mosley wrote: June 1st, 2023, 11:07 am And here is the much maligned and wrongfully accused Henry Robinson:
All parts for Henry Robinson, PL OK! :thumbs:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

I've uploaded drafts of chapters 1 and 2, narrated and roughly edited together. I'll be posting here when they're more polished and ready for PL.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Chapters 1, 2, and 4 are ready for PL, but in no particular hurry. I've got drafts of a couple more chapters to upload and mark ready after I'm satisfied with them, but there's plenty of both recording narration and editing more chapters to keep me busy. :wink:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Rapunzelina:

Thanks for being our MC! It'll still be a while, but we're on the home stretch.
Could you please add ej400 to the MW as our DPL?

As this will be my first time finishing a dramatic work as BC, is there anything else I should be doing as we near completion of the project? Anything to avoid giving you extra work?
Here's what I have for now:
  • I'll add readers to the MW sections for each chapter they're in. I'll wait until each chapters is PL OK, so folks don't have to look at "See PL Notes" on their reader pages, when those notes are in fact for me. :lol:
  • I also have a cast list prepared, which I'll post when we're at the very end. If it would be helpful to have it sooner, just let me know.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Exciting to be nearing completion of first dramatic bc :clap:

As the BC, you can choose between two ways of assigning readers to the sections:
- assign all involved readers in one section, leaving the rest blank, but still marked PL OK. The advantage of this is less work for the BC, I think.
- assign readers as they appear in each section.
When there are two readers, both names appear on the catalogue page. When there are 3 or more, the section reader appears as "Group" on the catalogue page.
Either way will link the project to the reader's page in the catalogue.

Here's a tip for bulk adding readers for a single (or more) section, in case you weren't aware:
This makes use of the readers' numbers so it might be easier on a device with a cursor. You can see a reader's number by hovering your cursor over the reader's name-link. I'm referring to the number in the last part of that link. For example your number is 17752. You can bulk add readers by entering their numbers, separated by commas. So you click on the "assign reader sections" button, and you type (for example) 17752,5678,11543,8976,10234 in the Reader field, then enter the section number (or numbers, separated by commas) in the Sections field, and click the Add button. You should see 5 names in the selected section/sections.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you, that's very handy! I think I'll use that bulk-add method for folks who commonly appear together, if I do the chapters separately.

Do the two methods end up with the same result, and the same amount of work for you? If so, I'll assign all readers to the first chapter and (I assume) remove myself from the others. That does seem easier for the BC, if that's all it takes.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

When you remove the reader of a section, that section reverts to Open, so you'll have to manually set it to PL OK again.
The assigning method does not affect the cataloguing process (or my workload), just the look of the catalogue page.
here's an example of all readers in one section: https://librivox.org/samson-agonistes-by-john-milton-2/
and an example of readers in each section: https://librivox.org/the-mystery-of-a-hansom-cab-version-2-by-fergus-hume/
where you can see that if the section has less than three readers, the names appear, otherwise it's "Group".
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thanks again!
Since we have no chapter with fewer than three readers, I'll assign everyone to the first, and fix the status change on the others. :thumbs:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Our reader for Chet is unable to record the rest of the lines, so the role (in this book) has been orphaned. If anyone can pick up the role, a quick turnaround would be appreciated!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

ej400 wrote: February 20th, 2023, 11:53 pm I could be the final chapters PL'er if you'd like :D

A PM would be very much appreciated when it nears the time :thumbs:
ej400, I'll probably be making changes to the chapters with Chet in them. I've marked all but chapter 1 as "Assigned", rather than "Ready for PL". Switching readers for a character between books shouldn't be a problem, but switching during the same book would feel rather odd. I'll post here again when anything other than Chapter 1 is again ready for PL.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

redrun wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 2:43 pm ej400, I'll probably be making changes to the chapters with Chet in them. I've marked all but chapter 1 as "Assigned", rather than "Ready for PL". Switching readers for a character between books shouldn't be a problem, but switching during the same book would feel rather odd. I'll post here again when anything other than Chapter 1 is again ready for PL.
Thanks for the update!
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

redrun wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 2:34 pm Our reader for Chet is unable to record the rest of the lines, so the role (in this book) has been orphaned. If anyone can pick up the role, a quick turnaround would be appreciated!
I am already doing Chief Collig and Lem Billers. I can do Chet if you don’t think there will be a conflict.
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

JHedrick wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 7:42 pm I am already doing Chief Collig and Lem Billers. I can do Chet if you don’t think there will be a conflict.
We've got a few chapters of overlap between those two characters and Chet, so I'd prefer to find a less familiar voice. I do appreciate your willingness, though, and you have done very well in adapting to different parts.