solo vs collection

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
quartertone

Post by quartertone »

I have a story I want to read (aka narrate). It's relatively short (7741 words) but it is divided into chapters. Would this be more appropriate as a solo work (with each chapter being its own section) or as part of a short story collection since it would ony come in at around 50-ish minutes? I'm leaning more toward short story collection because I feel like the librivox taglines would interrupt the story immersion too much for such short chapters.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I agree - as long as it fits in a collection just read the intro as in the project then read blah blah blah -slight pause - chapter 2 blah blah blah..... or if the "chapters have a title give the title instead of the chapter.

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I think you could do it either way. And since you're leaning towards one file in a collection, that sounds like a good plan. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I've done it both ways - for different stories - and my experience with the collection option was much better and easier - just send in the story, DPL already in place, rather than have to set up a solo project, fill in Magic Window, wait for a DPL, etc. And I've also kind of regretted the solo project, precisely because of the interruptedness of the Librivox disclaimer you mentioned. :|

PS. One advantage to the solo project, is that you can attach your own summary and/or image cover to go with the audiobook. (but not really an advantage to me as I generally struggle with summaries, and I rarely make covers :lol: )