[COMPLETE][SOLO]Letters of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Vol. II - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you, this is the only footnote I have included and I'm glad we can proceed without a change. I think these translations are handled somewhat differently in Project Gutenberg and the Internet Archive and in Project Gutenberg the footnotes often appear right after the text, not at the bottom of the page, with the term Footnote at the beginning. I am getting fairly close to the end of the volume and may not need all twelve sections so I might be asking you to remove a section or two. I hope that everything will fit on one YouTube video this time so that we don't have the division into two recordings that happened with Vol. I.
Thanks again!
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Section 9 is ready for proof listening. In letter #262 there was a typo in terms of numbering (3d appears twice) which I corrected because it wouldn't make sense otherwise. Only one more section to go! Thank you.
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Section 10 is ready for proof listening and the book is done! I hope that the final three sections can be proof listened as soon as conveniently possible so that this volume can join its companion volume online for listeners to enjoy. There have been quite a few listeners for Volume One and I hope that will be the case with this volume as well. Thank you again for being the proof listener and I hope you have enjoyed the project. I think the last section is particularly touching.

lkirk
ej400

Post by ej400 »

lkirk wrote: March 21st, 2023, 12:07 pm Section 8 is also now ready for proof listening. You will note that on Page 214-215 in the text and 227 in the Internet Archive paging that there was an odd division between the dedication to Haydn of the string quartets, written in Italian, and the translation. In between there is a partial sentence related to the father writing to the daughter and then after the translation the rest of the sentence and it made no sense and could be confusing to have the father's letter separated in this way or the dedication in Italian and the translation separated so I began reading the father's letter after the translation. Thank you.
Section 8 is PL OK! Good job with the Italian!
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you and thank you also for the compliment about the Italian! Fortunately, unlike the first volume, there weren't too many letters in Italian!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

last two sections are deleted

so once the two sections are PL ok, I can proceed with the cataloguing ? Your summary is as you wish it to be ?

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you! I added something to the summary earlier today so it is OK. Please catalog the volume when the final two sections are PL OK. Thanks!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

lkirk wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 9:30 am Section 9 is ready for proof listening. In letter #262 there was a typo in terms of numbering (3d appears twice) which I corrected because it wouldn't make sense otherwise. Only one more section to go! Thank you.
Good catch!
lkirk wrote: March 24th, 2023, 11:32 am Section 10 is ready for proof listening and the book is done! I hope that the final three sections can be proof listened as soon as conveniently possible so that this volume can join its companion volume online for listeners to enjoy. There have been quite a few listeners for Volume One and I hope that will be the case with this volume as well. Thank you again for being the proof listener and I hope you have enjoyed the project. I think the last section is particularly touching.

lkirk
Both of them are PL OK!

I thought the last section was quite touching as well. I greatly enjoyed PLing this for you! Awesome work!
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you so much for proof listening this project, I really appreciated it! I'm glad you enjoyed it as did I. What a life and what an impact he had on the musical world, much more so than many people of the time could imagine, I'm sure, I'm glad you found the last section touching as well. Thanks again!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

great job...archiving is running...will check tonight, I am off into my vaction now. good timing

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you, have a great vacation!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and we are finished

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/letters-of-wolfgang-amadeus-mozart-volume-ii-by-wolfgang-amadeus-mozart/

moving to completed

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you! I noticed some inconsistency that perhaps you could fix when you get back from vacation because I assume I cannot do it. I see that "Volume" is spelled out in the title of Volume II which has been posted on Librivox and the Internet Archive but we used "Vol." for the first volume and I assume it would be best if they matched. Thank you and enjoy your vacation!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lkirk wrote: March 29th, 2023, 5:13 pm Thank you! I noticed some inconsistency that perhaps you could fix when you get back from vacation because I assume I cannot do it. I see that "Volume" is spelled out in the title of Volume II which has been posted on Librivox and the Internet Archive but we used "Vol." for the first volume and I assume it would be best if they matched. Thank you and enjoy your vacation!
ok I changed it to match

Sonia
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Thank you , I assume that you thought it would be best if they match as well. This volume still does not have an image and it has been more than a week so I wonder whether your sister is going to take care of this. I thought perhaps she had been on vacation too. It would be nice to see the volume up on YouTube and I gather it doesn't get posted there until there is an image. I hope you had a good vacation.