[COMPLETE] Ninety-nine Homilies of St. Thomas Aquinas upon the Epistles and Gospels - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lorry

Post by Lorry »

InTheDesert wrote: December 27th, 2022, 7:03 am
Lorry wrote: December 27th, 2022, 6:48 am Hi IntheDesert,

No, just the next one in order is fine. I'm going to be getting pretty busy for the next few months, so I'll only take one at a time.

Best wishes,
Lori
Done!
Thanks,

Here is Homily #24: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/homileepistlegospels_24_aquinas_128kb.mp3, duration: 4:37.16.

Best wishes,
Lori
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Lorry wrote: December 27th, 2022, 8:08 am Thanks,

Here is Homily #24: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/homileepistlegospels_24_aquinas_128kb.mp3, duration: 4:37.16.

Best wishes,
Lori
PL OK!
Show these hidden projects some love!
Pascal and the Port Royalists Intellectual biography
A Review of Ecclesiastical History (John Newton)
John Inglesant
DPL DPL
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Lorry wrote: December 26th, 2022, 9:55 pm Here is Homily #50, duration 1:19.62
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/homilieepistlegospels_50_aquinas_128kb.mp3
PL OK!
John Inglesant
DPL DPL
nellysays98

Post by nellysays98 »

Hello, can I claim Section 25, "Blindness and Sight"?
Ronell
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

nellysays98 wrote: January 16th, 2023, 1:03 pm Hello, can I claim Section 25, "Blindness and Sight"?
Done!
John Inglesant
DPL DPL
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

After some months away, I would like to ease back into reading with this worthy project.

I am requesting Sections #88 - "The Christian Walk" and #90 - "The Amour of God".

I trust you have found my previous work acceptable and pledge to be better at communicating on problems and issues. I am ready and willing to assist with this project.

To whom should I address future communication and posts?

Respectfully Submitted,

CJZJR
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CJZJR wrote: January 24th, 2023, 1:17 pm After some months away, I would like to ease back into reading with this worthy project.

I am requesting Sections #88 - "The Christian Walk" and #90 - "The Amour of God".

I trust you have found my previous work acceptable and pledge to be better at communicating on problems and issues. I am ready and willing to assist with this project.

To whom should I address future communication and posts?

Respectfully Submitted,

CJZJR
I have assigned both these sections to you. Glad you have returned. I'll be coordinating and PLing this one.
John Inglesant
DPL DPL
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

inTheDesert,

In preparation for reading Section 88 i ran across a few issues I didn't recognize in the guidelines for reading the text.

1) Are we to read the version designations which follow the scripture reference? Ex. "Vulg. - I assume is the Vulgate. And Gloss. - to be read as Gloss or Glossary?

2) Bracketed material in the text - read or ingore? Example - [Vulg. "hole"] - To Read as: "Vulgate, hole"?

3) Two references to "Proverbs 33:20, Proverbs 33" - King James Versions has only 31 Chapters in Proverbs. In the Vulgate version I referenced online there are also only 31 chapters. Proverbs 23:20 does relate to the subject of drinking but the quote is not exact to the quote markings in the text. Is this a mistake? Do I read it just as written? Or, just let it go as an allusion to the passage? Please advise on how to handle and proceed.

Respectfully submitted,

CJZJR
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

InThe Desert,

Upon further examination I have found both references are actually Proverbs 23:29 not Proverbs 33:29 as the error in the text.
Sorry for the confusion I may have added. I mistyped it as verse 20.

Concerning this issue the question remains: Do I read it as written: "Prov. 33:29" or Correct it to read: "Proverbs 23:29"?

I still request guidance on the other issues. Please advise.

Respectfully submitted,

cjzjr.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CJZJR wrote: January 27th, 2023, 10:34 am inTheDesert,

In preparation for reading Section 88 i ran across a few issues I didn't recognize in the guidelines for reading the text.

1) Are we to read the version designations which follow the scripture reference? Ex. "Vulg. - I assume is the Vulgate. And Gloss. - to be read as Gloss or Glossary?

2) Bracketed material in the text - read or ingore? Example - [Vulg. "hole"] - To Read as: "Vulgate, hole"?

3) Two references to "Proverbs 33:20, Proverbs 33" - King James Versions has only 31 Chapters in Proverbs. In the Vulgate version I referenced online there are also only 31 chapters. Proverbs 23:20 does relate to the subject of drinking but the quote is not exact to the quote markings in the text. Is this a mistake? Do I read it just as written? Or, just let it go as an allusion to the passage? Please advise on how to handle and proceed.

Respectfully submitted,

CJZJR
For the first one, I would say 'Vulgate' and Gloss. (I think it means a marginal gloss in some copies but I'm not certain so 'Gloss' as written is safest).

Bracketed material can be optional. It has been added by the editor and translator I think. If it were mean, I would read it.

For Proverbs 33 (23), you can correct the reference (it happens fairly often that the Bible reference is misprinted).

Thanks!
John Inglesant
DPL DPL
CJZJR

Post by CJZJR »

InTheDesert,

Thanks for the insight!

I will proceed with this clarification you have supplied.

CJZJR :)
nellysays98

Post by nellysays98 »

Ronell
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

The following section is ready for proof-listening:

46 Little Speech
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/homilieepistlegospels_46_aquinas_128kb.mp3
4:20

mscllc
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

nellysays98 wrote: February 16th, 2023, 7:47 pm Hello, here is section 25!

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/homilieepistlegospels_25_aquinas_128kb.mp3 5:03
PL OK!
John Inglesant
DPL DPL
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

The following (brief) section is ready for proof-listening (like the previous one):

47 The Conviction of the World
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/homilieepistlegospels_47_aquinas_128kb.mp3
3:58

mscllc