Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tefavidal

Post by tefavidal »

Back until end of August.
Catching up on some recordings
tefavidal

Post by tefavidal »

And here are the stage directions for Act 4
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/paoloandfrancesca_stage_directions_4.mp3 (05:08)
Back until end of August.
Catching up on some recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry

Today, May 26, is my 11 year anniversary with LibriVox. What a journery!
Some stats: 2,300 projects, 335 as BC, 500 as DPL, 1850 as reader.
More to come :D
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Thank you both! I’ll get your files in the MW once I’m back in front of my computer.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
HDGordon

Post by HDGordon »

May I claim Corrado please? :)
Harri (he/him)
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

HDGordon wrote: January 26th, 2023, 9:10 pm May I claim Corrado please? :)
Absolutely! Thank you!

If I’m correct in thinking this is your first time signing up for a project here in the drama forum, welcome!!

A few of our illustrious Drama folks have written some tips to help you get started here on Dramatic Works projects. I was warned it was addicting and I’ll pass on the warning to you!

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file using the words in the MW, which should be something like: "Corrado- Officer of Paolo's Company, read by XXXX" (whatever you use for your reader name)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Also include any "All" lines while your character is on stage. For a big role it may be good to read the entire play to get into character, but at least it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role.

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [whines], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting.

4) You prepare and upload a separate file for each Act that your character is in. (Note - the section numbers change as I move stuff around on the MW, so remember character name, not section numbers.) Your file will be proof-listened, and you may receive some notes on corrections and their time locations in your file. These will be posted in the forum and show in the Magic Window marked as "See PL Notes" - please cut corrections into your file to update it and upload a new file (SAME NAME) in a reasonable time - like before your voice and equipment setup change and everything sounds different!

5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 4-5 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 4-5 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into her (my) master file and it's helpful if she (me) has enough space to fiddle with.

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And feel free to reach out with any questions!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Don Carlos: 2 OPEN roles available
viewtopic.php?t=101792
HDGordon

Post by HDGordon »

jennlea wrote: January 28th, 2023, 5:59 pm
5) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 4-5 seconds or more. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [kisses her hand]), also leave 4-5 seconds of pause there, because our editor (me) later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into her (my) master file and it's helpful if she (me) has enough space to fiddle with.

That's it, I think. Just have fun acting out. And feel free to reach out with any questions!
Thanks heaps for all the info!! :)
Harri (he/him)
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Could I help out with some of these smaller parts?
Angela (acts 1 and 4), Sargent (act 2) and 2nd Courier (act 3)?
HDGordon

Post by HDGordon »

Harri (he/him)
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

HDGordon wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 6:29 pm Here is Corrado in Act 2 :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/paoloandfrancesca_corrado_2.mp3
(02:35)
Thank you both! I've got them in the MW and should be able to PL them soon!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Inkell wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 5:15 am Could I help out with some of these smaller parts?
Angela (acts 1 and 4), Sargent (act 2) and 2nd Courier (act 3)?
That would be fantastic! Thank you!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

jennlea wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 8:07 pm That would be fantastic! Thank you!
Okay, here is:
Sergeant (Act 2): https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/paoloandfrancesca_sergeant_2.mp3 (0 mins, 15 secs)
2nd Courier (Act 3): https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/paoloandfrancesca_2ndcourier_3.mp3 (0 mins, 38 secs)

EDIT: also now complete are:
Angela (Act 1): https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/paoloandfrancesca_angela_1.mp3 (3 mins, 25 secs)
Angela (Act 4): https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/paoloandfrancesca_angela_4.mp3 (0 mins, 24 secs)
Last edited by Inkell on February 4th, 2023, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I would like to claim section 3 Constanza.
Christine
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

brownrottger wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 7:13 am I would like to claim section 3 Constanza.
Christine
Wonderful! Thank you!!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings