[COMPLETE] The Thrill Book Vol. I. No. 1, March 1,1919- ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

Things I'm working on:
Editing: None.
Recording: Soldiers | Super Secret Solo Project
Fixing: None
I will PL for you if it is ready. Just pm me a link to the thread.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes 17

12:35 My new book is open, with clean white leaves. May it be given me to forget" ... leaves mayt pause be" is oddly strung together so it makes no sense.

PL Notes 18
2:09 fed them to her pets during the night, you say pests
5:01 whistle, repeat
13:29 parrie McLaughlin, Mc is missing

I will no longer mention those quiet parts of your files that dip down to 81 or 82 dB, though your overall file checks out at around 89.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes 19

4:11 repeat "as we say in the army"

What a nice thing the magazine did including this offer to returning soldiers. I wonder if it got much response. And we still have the same problems today.
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

msfry wrote: January 16th, 2023, 12:32 pm PL Notes 19

4:11 repeat "as we say in the army"

What a nice thing the magazine did including this offer to returning soldiers. I wonder if it got much response. And we still have the same problems today.
whoops!

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thrillbookvol1no1_19_various_128kb.mp3 04:48
Things I'm working on:
Editing: None.
Recording: Soldiers | Super Secret Solo Project
Fixing: None
I will PL for you if it is ready. Just pm me a link to the thread.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

msfry wrote: January 15th, 2023, 12:12 pm PL Notes 15

3:33 “Just a devilish little, eh?, little is missing
10:24 It was the one link in their chain of evidence, you say to
1642 alone in a country which has since been proven, been is missing
16:55 blunders of an egotist’s wild imaginings, you say egoist's

Minor but meaningful to a careful liistener, fix if you want to.

Great setup for an intriguing adventure! I shall make a sandwich and continue!

Fixed 3:33 and 16:42. I left 10:24 and 16:55 since they didn't affect the meaning.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

msfry wrote: January 16th, 2023, 12:02 pm PL Notes 17

12:35 My new book is open, with clean white leaves. May it be given me to forget" ... leaves mayt pause be" is oddly strung together so it makes no sense.

PL Notes 18
2:09 fed them to her pets during the night, you say pests
5:01 whistle, repeat
13:29 parrie McLaughlin, Mc is missing

I will no longer mention those quiet parts of your files that dip down to 81 or 82 dB, though your overall file checks out at around 89.
All of these should be fixed now as well.
msfry

Post by msfry »

15, 17, 18, 19 all PL OK. :thumbs:
neurotony

Post by neurotony »

msfry wrote: January 4th, 2023, 9:22 am Section 20 is PL OK. Nice reading, David. What a strange collection of strange little vignettes!

I listened to this again after making a number of improvements in my recording setup. Hopefully also improved my reading - mainly by letting myself breathe. LOL
Is it okay to replace my recording with the new one? I've already re-recorded it and am editing today. So will have it up this evening or tomorrow. This is my second project and always looking to improve and hope you'll find this a more enjoyable listen as well as better production quality.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

neurotony wrote: January 18th, 2023, 10:50 am
msfry wrote: January 4th, 2023, 9:22 am Section 20 is PL OK. Nice reading, David. What a strange collection of strange little vignettes!

I listened to this again after making a number of improvements in my recording setup. Hopefully also improved my reading - mainly by letting myself breathe. LOL
Is it okay to replace my recording with the new one? I've already re-recorded it and am editing today. So will have it up this evening or tomorrow. This is my second project and always looking to improve and hope you'll find this a more enjoyable listen as well as better production quality.
Well, I think that's up to Michele since she's the one that will need to PL it again. Michele, are you ok with this?
Last edited by flavo5000 on January 18th, 2023, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Actually, my schedule is pretty full, and I don't usually re-PL files that have already been OK'd (especially long ones) or I'd never get my work done. My recommendation is that you choose another chapter somewhere and apply your new skills to that one. Ben is supposed to be opening Part 2 soon.

Meanwhile, keep in mind that our listeners aren't expecting professional quality, but a conciencious reader wants perfection, of course. A good policy for improving is that after you finish editing, step away from your file for a few days, then listen again with fresh ears away from your desk. Listening as a listener does is a far different experience and some things you thought were awful actually are not even noticeable, and other things you thought were fine are now cringe. You have 2 months to submit your files, so there is no need to rush.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

msfry wrote: January 18th, 2023, 3:57 pm

Actually, my schedule is pretty full, and I don't usually re-PL files that have already been OK'd (especially long ones) or I'd never get my work done. My recommendation is that you choose another chapter somewhere and apply your new skills to that one. Ben is supposed to be opening Part 2 soon.

Meanwhile, keep in mind that our listeners aren't expecting professional quality, but a conciencious reader wants perfection, of course. A good policy for improving is that after you finish editing, step away from your file for a few days, then listen again with fresh ears away from your desk. Listening as a listener does is a far different experience and some things you thought were awful actually are not even noticeable, and other things you thought were fine are now cringe. You have 2 months to submit your files, so there is no need to rush.
I actually opened No. 2. It's sitting over in the Launch Pad awaiting a magic window. Neurotony, if you'd like, you can volunteer for Around the World in that issue. :)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I don't think you need my support - I agree with you fully. It is up to the reader to submit a file they have listened to and believe to be error-free - the PLing is to check for anything that is missed (if any).

Anne
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

When I committed to my sections, apparently I was over-ambitious. I enjoyed practicing them, but haven't had the strength to record them.

I trust that someone else will enjoy submitting these 2 sections in a more timely manner so this book can be cataloged. I'll see you around another time.
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

GraceBuchanan wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:53 am When I committed to my sections, apparently I was over-ambitious. I enjoyed practicing them, but haven't had the strength to record them.

I trust that someone else will enjoy submitting these 2 sections in a more timely manner so this book can be cataloged. I'll see you around another time.
I'm sorry to hear that.