aniroo wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 8:53 am Section #33 PL OK> :thumbs:

What fun to listen to. :clap: Great JOB :D

Thanks,
aniroo :D
Thank you! It is much appreciated!

-Phil
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that section 27 is ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dwellerontwoplanets_27_oliver_128kb.mp3

The bad news is that it is length 1:14:46 which exceeds the max length of 72 minutes.

I'm not sure how to shorten it at all. There's a tempo filter in audacity but haven't used it before.
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

DJRickyV wrote: November 6th, 2022, 9:28 pm I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that section 27 is ready for PL:

The bad news is that it is length 1:14:46 which exceeds the max length of 72 minutes.

I'm not sure how to shorten it at all. There's a tempo filter in audacity but haven't used it before.
I can add a section at the end, so you would just split your recording into two pieces and then the MC can put it in its proper place when cataloguing. I would prefer that you don't muck with your recording. Is that an ok way to go with you Todd? If so, then would he add an outro and an intro?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I can add a section at the end, so you would just split your recording into two pieces and then the MC can put it in its proper place when cataloguing. I would prefer that you don't muck with your recording. Is that an ok way to go with you Todd? If so, then would he add an outro and an intro?
I don't think that the above approach will work. I can't move sections around at cataloging in defiance of their filename numerical order, and all the filenames, intros, and outros would be wrong on sections after 27 if the new section were added in right there.

The Audacity Tempo effect works very well, and I think the maximum section length is 74 minutes so not much effect necessary to keep the material in just one section.

Thanks, Todd
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Great, thanks Todd!
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

OK, I ran section 27 through the tempo effect and got it to exactly 74 minutes. Same link:

My voice may sound a little more "far away" but I don't think the effect made things too different.
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Hi,

I know we are working under a time strain, but you only have 1 second of silence at the end. I can't make the call that we can let it go this time so I'll wait for some confirmation.

In the case that we need more time at the end, you could re record the Intro and read it at a much faster tempo with no ill effects . The Intro is about 45 seconds long and I think you could trim 4 seconds off . I have heard other readings where the tempo of the intro didn't match the tempo of the rest of the reading.

Other than the time, the reading is wonderful. Very easy to listen to. :clap: :clap:

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 30 has been orphaned. Any takers?
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

Hmm, not sure how that happened, didn't think the tempo effect touched the silent part at the end but perhaps it did. Uploaded version 3. Same link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dwellerontwoplanets_27_oliver_128kb.mp3 It calculates at 1:13:56 now. The sound isn't so much "far away" as a little more "metallic".

I can take the orphaned section 30. It's yet another big one. Probably won't be done until sometime in December but will try to submit well before the holidays.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

DJRickyV wrote: November 10th, 2022, 8:06 am Hmm, not sure how that happened, didn't think the tempo effect touched the silent part at the end but perhaps it did. Uploaded version 3. Same link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dwellerontwoplanets_27_oliver_128kb.mp3 It calculates at 1:13:56 now. The sound isn't so much "far away" as a little more "metallic".

I can take the orphaned section 30. It's yet another big one. Probably won't be done until sometime in December but will try to submit well before the holidays.
I will assign you , gladly, section 30.
Todd, Can you double check this length? The checker gave it a fail on length.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Length will be fine.

Thanks, Todd
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 27 PL OK. :clap:

Thanks again,
aniroo :D
aniroo :wink:
JulesKEntertain

Post by JulesKEntertain »

brownrottger wrote: October 27th, 2022, 2:05 pm
JulesKEntertain wrote: October 27th, 2022, 10:40 am Hi! As much as I want to read it, I won't be able to finish section 28 for at least a couple more weeks. If anyone else wants it, I am ok with it being reassigned as we are so close to finishing the book! If not, I will keep you updated on when I am able to continue it.
Please keep it. Finish when you can. I really appreciate the updates!
Christine
Alright. I should finally have some time within this next week to record. I will be working on it and plan to have it done by next Friday. So sorry for the delay!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

JulesKEntertain wrote: November 11th, 2022, 7:57 pm
brownrottger wrote: October 27th, 2022, 2:05 pm
JulesKEntertain wrote: October 27th, 2022, 10:40 am Hi! As much as I want to read it, I won't be able to finish section 28 for at least a couple more weeks. If anyone else wants it, I am ok with it being reassigned as we are so close to finishing the book! If not, I will keep you updated on when I am able to continue it.
Please keep it. Finish when you can. I really appreciate the updates!
Christine
Alright. I should finally have some time within this next week to record. I will be working on it and plan to have it done by next Friday. So sorry for the delay!
No worries whatsoever! Thanks ever so much for doing this!
czandra

Post by czandra »

Hi. looks like this is fully subscribed. It's still on the readers wanted page...

Cz
Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!