[Complete] Shri Dnyaneshwar-A Sketch Of His Life And Teachings - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Czandra Ma'am,I hope I am not being clingy and annoying about this book but the cover art of this audiobook(visible on the catalogue link) is a bit misleading.The Saint on that image is not Sree Dnyaneshwar but Adi Shankaracharya.Maybe the person who made the cover art did not know that.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AdhiraamBose wrote: July 19th, 2022, 8:06 am Czandra Ma'am,I hope I am not being clingy and annoying about this book but the cover art of this audiobook(visible on the catalogue link) is a bit misleading.The Saint on that image is not Sree Dnyaneshwar but Adi Shankaracharya.Maybe the person who made the cover art did not know that.
Contacting Michele about this.
I will be gone until approximately June 3 and will catch up on cataloguing and PLing on my return.
In case of emergency, please contact any other MC.

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
~A friend of Marie-Antoinette
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Michele was aware of this - the image is described as "Adi Shankara with Disciples, by Raja Ravi Varma (1904)"

All book covers and our covers are not always "correct" nor is then any reason why they should be.

Anne
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

annise wrote: July 19th, 2022, 7:26 pm Michele was aware of this - the image is described as "Adi Shankara with Disciples, by Raja Ravi Varma (1904)"

All book covers and our covers are not always "correct" nor is then any reason why they should be.

Anne
Can I take the responsibility of remaking the cover art if Michele Ma'am doesn't mind?I might take some time until then you can keep that image as the cover art.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

No - you may not. There is absolutely no need for the cover to be changed. It is not even your project - you get no say in the matter at all. You should not have voiced an unasked for criticism, it is against forum policies again

Anne
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

annise wrote: July 19th, 2022, 10:58 pm No - you may not. There is absolutely no need for the cover to be changed. It is not even your project - you get no say in the matter at all. You should not have voiced an unasked for criticism, it is against forum policies again

Anne
😔I get it.Discussing it with you would be futile.Do as you wish.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Michele has said if you can provide a PD image, she will change it, otherwise it will be left as a “concept”.
I will be gone until approximately June 3 and will catch up on cataloguing and PLing on my return.
In case of emergency, please contact any other MC.

Help us finish:

On the red staircase
~A friend of Marie-Antoinette
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Lynnet wrote: July 20th, 2022, 5:49 am Michele has said if you can provide a PD image, she will change it, otherwise it will be left as a “concept”.
I will try.
Can you provide me with some tips on how to identify a PD image?
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

I found this image which looks like it is old enough to be in the US Public Domain:-
https://pin.it/51OU8n4

If even this doesn't work,I would have to continue searching.
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

Here,she might be able to use it:-
https://archive.org/details/KRI96ShriGyaneshwarCharitraAurGranthaVivechanLakshmanRamChandraPangarkar/page/n15/mode/2up

The preface suggests that the book was published in 1834.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The cover situation has been resolved already,

Anne
AdhiraamBose

Post by AdhiraamBose »

annise wrote: July 22nd, 2022, 5:34 pm The cover situation has been resolved already,

Anne
I do not get under what context you are saying this.By 'Resolved',do you mean that it is resolved because me and you have talked about it earlier or do you mean that the cover image has been changed?