[COMPLETE] Home Education Vol. VI: Towards A Philosophy of Education, by Charlotte Mason-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ccsdg

Post by ccsdg »

Hi there, may I read chapter 7?

edit: By the way, I'm relatively new here, is there an expected way to read footnotes (if at all)?
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ccsdg wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 8:53 pm Hi there, may I read chapter 7?

edit: By the way, I'm relatively new here, is there an expected way to read footnotes (if at all)?
Welcome to Librivox, ccsdg!
It would be great to have you record section 7 for this project (Home Education). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). LV readers appear under both their forum username and their 'display name' - at the moment both are your forum username. Here's an example of what it would look like if you choose something different. Some people use their real name, a pseudonym or just a repeat of their forum username. You might prefer privacy or to use it as an opportunity to advertise yourself as a narrator. You can change your display name by posting a thread in this forum and an admin will help you out. Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit it. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

For footnotes, they are optional. A common way to read them (if you choose to read any particular one) is "footnote [the text] end footnote".
Show these submerged projects some love!
Pascal and the Port Royalists Intellectual biography
A Review of Ecclesiastical History (John Newton)
John Inglesant
DPL
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

shuttlenread wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:25 pm I would love to record section four, "Authority and Docility"! I am reading the corresponding chapters in CM's volume on School Education, so it would be fun to double dip. :)

I saw your comment to another new reader about the 1 minute test. My equipment is in the mail, and I hope to have it up and running in the next couple of days. I've been wanting to volunteer for Librivox for several years now, and am making it my summer project this year! I can check back in for an assignment when I'm operational if you'd rather, but was excited to see this chapter was available and was hoping to snag it.
Section 4 is yours!
John Inglesant
DPL
bmpre

Post by bmpre »

I’d like to volunteer to read Chapter 5: The Sacredness of Personality
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

bmpre wrote: June 30th, 2022, 12:34 pm I’d like to volunteer to read Chapter 5: The Sacredness of Personality
Done.
John Inglesant
DPL
ccsdg

Post by ccsdg »

Oops, I may have uploaded the file many times. Sorry! Here is the URL, after all.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cm6_07_mason_128kb.mp3
Duration: 39:13

I came across a sentence that didn't seem to have a main verb that was hard to parse exactly (p159 "Their implicit contention is..."). I read the words, but took a vague guess at the intention. My first time and many mistakes!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ccsdg wrote: July 4th, 2022, 9:03 pm Oops, I may have uploaded the file many times. Sorry! Here is the URL, after all.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cm6_07_mason_128kb.mp3
Duration: 39:13

I came across a sentence that didn't seem to have a main verb that was hard to parse exactly (p159 "Their implicit contention is..."). I read the words, but took a vague guess at the intention. My first time and many mistakes!
PL OK! Great job on your first section. Clear and expressive reading. That sentence does look like an error (it seems to have been maintained in subsequent printings) but it's not like a missing word or something that would be easily corrected so I think it has to stand as is.
John Inglesant
DPL
DannyDyar1

Post by DannyDyar1 »

j
Last edited by DannyDyar1 on July 6th, 2022, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Dyar
DannyDyar1

Post by DannyDyar1 »

I would like to volunteer to read sections 24 and 25 if I may.

Thanks
Danny Dyar
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

DannyDyar1 wrote: July 6th, 2022, 5:52 pm I would like to volunteer to read sections 24 and 25 if I may.

Thanks
Welcome to Librivox, Danny!
It would be great to have you record sections 24, 25 for this project (Home Education). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). LV readers appear under both their forum username and their 'display name' - at the moment both are your forum username. Here's an example of what it would look like if you choose something different. Some people use their real name, a pseudonym or just a repeat of their forum username. You might prefer privacy or to use it as an opportunity to advertise yourself as a narrator. You can change your display name by posting a thread in this forum and an admin will help you out. Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit it. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!
John Inglesant
DPL
bmpre

Post by bmpre »

Chapter 5: The Sacredness of Personality submission
Duration: 30:35
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cm6_05_mason_128kb.mp3
shuttlenread

Post by shuttlenread »

I am almost done editing section 4, just need to re-record two small errors and I can upload! Can I go ahead and grab Section 8, The Way of the Will?
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

I would like to read section 20 if it is available.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

victoriaalicebell wrote: July 12th, 2022, 11:38 am I would like to read section 20 if it is available.
Assigned!
John Inglesant
DPL
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

InTheDesert wrote: July 12th, 2022, 6:03 pm
victoriaalicebell wrote: July 12th, 2022, 11:38 am I would like to read section 20 if it is available.
Assigned!
Here it is! https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/cm6_03_mason_128kb.mp3