Hi and a question about underage users

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ccsdg

Post by ccsdg »

I've been using librivox for some years for homeschool. My child is a reasonably competent reader and said they wanted to get involved with reading for librivox themselves. I signed up a while ago but never posted - so here is the Hi! - but wondered if I need to do anything besides send the scanned underage form to confirm my permission for my child to register their own account. Or whether they need their own forum account at all. Thank you!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If they are to be credited with their recordings children need their own account (and I suspect they would want to :D ). Some parents just manage the accounts - the parent uploads the readings to the child's account and claims in their name, other children manage their own account, usually depending on age.
But once you have given the permission needed under USA law, which you have done, they are just members :D

Anne
ccsdg

Post by ccsdg »

Thank you that's very helpful. Yes, my child wouldn't be using the forums yet, I'd be managing everything for them at this stage. Great. Looks like they've just been approved as well. How exciting! Looking forward to poking around and seeing what they can be involved in.