Complete [Health] Strength and How to Obtain It by Eugen Sandow-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bmitchell062003

Post by bmitchell062003 »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you so much for Section 20!
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Brandon,
Your three sections are PL OK. :thumbs: Great readings!
-Amy :thumbs:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

alg1001 wrote: May 25th, 2022, 3:40 am
ChrisGreaves wrote: May 19th, 2022, 2:08 am Using the chapter number alone in this project is mis-leading, since there are two parts to the project.
It is Section not Chapter for the intro of this/.MY BAD for not deleting the Chapter.
Hi Amy, My complete notes are available at http://www.ChrisGreaves.com/Downloads/MagicWindowText.pdf
We now have twenty nine of thirty sections recorded and marked PLOK. Today's analysis of the recorded text for the introduction reveals the same results, to wit: Nine different variations recorded of the Magic Window standard introduction.

I see two possibilities here:-
(a) The text specified in the Magic Window is irrelevant and can be safely ignored in a project.
(b) The text specified in the Magic Window is relevant and ought to be followed closely in a project.

In private messaging you and I have discussed this and I believe that we both have contributed to this confusion. I have not quantified blame because I have little interest in blame. I am deeply interested in resolving problems and implementing a solution.

I have come up with the following options; you may care to produce more options.
Option 1: Do nothing; carry on as if we are ignorant of non-standard introductory text.
This means that we declare the possibility (a) above.
Option 2: Ask members to re-record introductory texts where changes need to be made.
This will involve asking some of the 16 Readers to re-record their introductions. (bassaga, bmitchell062003, brownrottger, chuckw, darman210, darvinia, dyeffersonaz, johnwarrenhart, mariechristian, razzoo, rolga, shaef, shirishaamatya, silverquill, wallacemorgan, yourbookvoice)
Option 3: Replace all recorded introductory texts with a standard voiced introduction
This is an option where some or all of the sixteen contributing Readers are no longer available, or do not wish to re-record the introductions.

I would appreciate your thoughts on:-
(a) Clearing up the confusion in the Magic Window's specification of the introductory text
(b) The path to follow in ignoring nine variations in recorded text or in correcting the recorded text.
Chris Greaves
I adopt YOUR orphaned chapters, for FREE!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I'm not sure why you are obsessed with this. You proof listened all the sections and seemed to have a lot of PL notes for the readers so I don't know why you didn't address that then. And yes, we will carry on with this. AND be done with it and with working together. The last section will be in today. I am on vacation, but will make time for it.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
Section 21 is ready.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/strength_21_sandow_128kb.mp3
8:09

If you don't want to PL it, Chris, another volunteer can.
I would like to catalog this by EOD.

Cheers,
Amy
hoardac

Post by hoardac »

PL ok 1001
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks, hoardac! :thumbs:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/strength-and-how-to-obtain-it-by-eugen-sandow/

Congratulations and Thanks, All! :clap:
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

alg1001 wrote: May 31st, 2022, 6:49 pm • This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/strength-and-how-to-obtain-it-by-eugen-sandow/

Congratulations and Thanks, All! :clap:
:thumbs:
Marie Christian
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

alg1001 wrote: May 31st, 2022, 6:49 pmThis project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page
Thanks Amy; I guess that this means that you chose Option 1.
Did you fix the five-second gap at the end of section 27? That was the last part of my notes on that section, that I did not get to post; someone other than me marked the track as PLOK.
Cheers, Chris
I adopt YOUR orphaned chapters, for FREE!