[Complete] Secrets of Crewe house : the story of a famous campaign, by Campbell Stuart (1885 - 1972) - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

just getting back on this - got busy and wound up taking a month off.
"War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

No prob. :)
~Lynette * - no computer access until Friday or Saturday
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hey there,

Thanks for the note (it won't let me respond to it, saying you don't accept messages).

Very kind of you to be relaxed about my PL timing. Things are slowly getting a little better - standard PL'ing of files like this project's chapters doesn't usually present an issue for me now.

It's only the PL'ing of role files, where I have to visually skip-and-scan a lot through a script, and the intense editing of dramatic chapters that are currently a huge difficulty.

So I'll be able to keep up with you pretty closely as you move forward. :)
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 9 is PL OK :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

And 10 is PL OK :thumbs:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

11 and 12 are both PL OK :thumbs:
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

i've posted sections 13 and 14 and have completed this project. i've really appreciated lynette's help with my work - outstanding proof listening!

since i believe i overestimated the number of sections needed, i won't need 15, but couldn't figure out how to get rid of it using the workflow controls. there are some great images in the book that can be used for a book cover. let me know if you'd like a suggestion, and of course let me know if there are any edits/ changes necessary to finalize the project. Vale!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

annise wrote: February 14th, 2022, 9:35 pm I'll get you an MW - back soon

Anne

All done. I've shortened the file name a bit and changed the translated to translations in the intro - it seems to make more sense but you may disagree if you wish :D
pmchaffie wrote: May 12th, 2022, 8:17 am i've posted sections 13 and 14 and have completed this project. i've really appreciated lynette's help with my work - outstanding proof listening!

since i believe i overestimated the number of sections needed, i won't need 15, but couldn't figure out how to get rid of it using the workflow controls. there are some great images in the book that can be used for a book cover. let me know if you'd like a suggestion, and of course let me know if there are any edits/ changes necessary to finalize the project. Vale!
And Sections 13 and 14 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

Which means it's a wrap! :clap:

Congratulations, Patrick - this is a very interesting non-fiction selection. I learned quite a lot and found that it brought up for me considerations of our current era's struggles with propaganda via the Internet. Rather fascinating, actually.
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

thanks for making it work so well. i learned quite a lot as well. i feel i understand more completely the complex fabric of east european involvement in the war. i was also intrigued by the notion of propaganda as a tactic that may in some instances alter the outcome of a conflict in a way that saves lives. i very much enjoyed reading stuart's well-sourced and clearly written history, and being a geographer i appreciated the cartography and the way that it was used to supplement the textual arguments being made. i've some travel scheduled over the next few months but i will be looking for my next solo project. i think this one was originally posted on the launchpad a couple years ago but didn't get picked up. i hope many folks will find this an interesting listen, i very much enjoyed it as a reader.
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

please let me know if there is anything else i need do to wrap this up. thanks again annise and lynette!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You can't remove sections, just add them. All looks good, I've started the press rolling. If there is an image you think would be best just post the page number here.

Anne
pmchaffie

Post by pmchaffie »

Thanks Anne, the image facing page 65 would work well. The crew that does this work does a great job.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All done . Thank you both, I think it is an interesting addition to our WWI collections
Thanks especially Lynette and hope things continue to improve for you.

Anne

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/secrets-of-crewe-house-the-story-of-a-famous-campaign-by-campbell-stuart/