FULL [DR] The Golden Road (The Story Girl #2) by L.M. Montgomery -mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
Unicorn

Post by Unicorn »

lorda wrote: February 6th, 2022, 11:18 am Here is Peter's Father (ch 16).

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/goldenroad_petersfather_16.mp3

Greetings from Germany. :)
Vielen Dank!
JHedrick wrote: February 6th, 2022, 1:31 pm Kenneth Chapter 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/goldenroad_kenneth_02.mp3 [2:37]
Thanks!
Jasmin Salma
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

A few bit parts left . . . I could read for Mr Coles in Chapter 22. He even gets a poem :wink: And, if you like, I think I could do the angry outburst from Hugh in Chapter 2.

~ Larry

Today, May 26, is my 11 year anniversary with LibriVox. What a journery!
Some stats: 2,300 projects, 335 as BC, 500 as DPL, 1850 as reader.
More to come :D
Unicorn

Post by Unicorn »

silverquill wrote: February 6th, 2022, 11:04 pm A few bit parts left . . . I could read for Mr Coles in Chapter 22. He even gets a poem :wink: And, if you like, I think I could do the angry outburst from Hugh in Chapter 2.
Thanks! I've signed you up.
Jasmin Salma
KDonProduction

Post by KDonProduction »

May I read for Mr. Perkins and Cousin Ebenezer? Thank you for reaching out about this fun project!
benderca

Post by benderca »

KDonProduction wrote: February 7th, 2022, 6:04 pm May I read for Mr. Perkins and Cousin Ebenezer? Thank you for reaching out about this fun project!
Sure! Sorry that you are left with such small parts again, Kyle. But I've got some dramatic readings coming up that have some rich male parts. :D
Last edited by benderca on February 7th, 2022, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

silverquill wrote: February 6th, 2022, 11:04 pm A few bit parts left . . . I could read for Mr Coles in Chapter 22. He even gets a poem :wink: And, if you like, I think I could do the angry outburst from Hugh in Chapter 2.
Ha! You want to play an angry old man, Larry? (I guess you got some practice with angry outbursts in Gatsby, eh?) :lol:
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

I found some issues in the script for Peg in Chapter 8. On page 9, there's a great big paragraph - but the middle part of it is not spoken by Peg, it should be the narrator.

And on page 10, the paragraph starting "Oh yes we can" is also not Peg. It's one of the boys speaking.
Krista
WendyKatzHiller

Post by WendyKatzHiller »

Could I please read Great-Grandmother King? (Section 29)

Thanks,
Wendy
benderca

Post by benderca »

kristakz wrote: February 7th, 2022, 8:00 pm I found some issues in the script for Peg in Chapter 8. On page 9, there's a great big paragraph - but the middle part of it is not spoken by Peg, it should be the narrator.

And on page 10, the paragraph starting "Oh yes we can" is also not Peg. It's one of the boys speaking.
Thanks! I’ll take a look at it and make corrections when I get to my computer. :D
Unicorn

Post by Unicorn »

WendyKatzHiller wrote: February 7th, 2022, 8:55 pm Could I please read Great-Grandmother King? (Section 29)

Thanks,
Wendy
Thanks!
Jasmin Salma
benderca

Post by benderca »

kristakz wrote: February 7th, 2022, 8:00 pm I found some issues in the script for Peg in Chapter 8. On page 9, there's a great big paragraph - but the middle part of it is not spoken by Peg, it should be the narrator.

OK, I've updated Chapter 8 -- I hope it's correctly labeled now. Sorry about that, and thanks!
benderca

Post by benderca »

KevinS wrote: February 5th, 2022, 2:59 pm Mr. Campbell has a heart of gold. Hard to tell, though.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/goldenroad_campbell_23.mp3
He does have a heart of gold. He does have a point about making sacrifices, though. And I love how he invites the kids out to see the calves. Too cute.

At about 2:22, it sounds like you stuck an extra "a" in there: instead of "You'll shrink when you've had time to think it over," I hear "You'll shrink when you've had A time to think it over." If you think it's clear, we'll just leave it that way. I'll let it be your call. :D

Nice reading, Kevin!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

benderca wrote: February 9th, 2022, 9:23 am
KevinS wrote: February 5th, 2022, 2:59 pm Mr. Campbell has a heart of gold. Hard to tell, though.

He does have a heart of gold. He does have a point about making sacrifices, though. And I love how he invites the kids out to see the calves. Too cute.

At about 2:22, it sounds like you stuck an extra "a" in there: instead of "You'll shrink when you've had time to think it over," I hear "You'll shrink when you've had A time to think it over." If you think it's clear, we'll just leave it that way. I'll let it be your call. :D

Nice reading, Kevin!
Corrected. (I hope the edit is adequate.)