Complete [COOKING] My Hundred Favorite Recipes, by Mary Blake-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

BettyB wrote: July 5th, 2021, 8:40 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/favoriterecipes_05_blake_128kb.mp3

Uploaded for spot check.
Section 5 should have not been uploaded I had not checked it. Sorry.

Time is now 3.3

Betty
Thank you, Betty. Section 5 is PL OK. :9:
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi, there might be a delay in the submitting of my sections for this project as I currently have a bad cold which has made my voice very croaky. I get this often and it usually lasts a good two to three weeks before I can record again. I hope this is ok but if you would prefer to re-assign the sections I would fully understand.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
jenno

Post by jenno »

here are sections 6 and 7

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/favoriterecipes_06_blake_128kb.mp3

duration6.13

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/favoriterecipes_07_blake_128kb.mp3

duration 6.26

I have left out references to page numbers as I felt these were irrelevant in a recorded form. If that is incorrect I will of course insert them

Cheers

Jennifer
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hi, Jennifer.

Thank you very much.

Section 6 is PL OK. :9:

:thumbs:
Jasna

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jenno wrote: July 7th, 2021, 10:43 pm here are sections 6 and 7

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/favoriterecipes_06_blake_128kb.mp3

duration6.13

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/favoriterecipes_07_blake_128kb.mp3

duration 6.26

I have left out references to page numbers as I felt these were irrelevant in a recorded form. If that is incorrect I will of course insert them

Cheers

Jennifer
Thank you!
Marked Ready for PL

~ Larry

Today, May 26, is my 11 year anniversary with LibriVox. What a journery!
Some stats: 2,300 projects, 335 as BC, 500 as DPL, 1850 as reader.
More to come :D
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Jennifer.

Thank you very much.

Section 7 is PL OK. (I must try some of these!) :9:

:clap:
Jasna

SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

Dulcamara wrote: July 5th, 2021, 1:35 am Hello, SunnyG. :D

Thank you for your recording! :D

Here are my PL Notes:

According to the instructions in the first post, the filename should be favoriterecipes_09_blake_128kb.mp3 (just the section number, not the name).

The Intro should read Section 9 of My Hundred Favorite Recipes. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. My Hundred Favorite Recipes, by Mary Blake. Meats.

~01:16 unclear word (mashed): "... or with mashed or baked potatoes."

~03:07 missing word (it): "and pour over it the Carnation diluted with water."

~07:15-07:17 a series of distinct clics is heard between end of recipe " Serves 6" and title of next one "Carnation Veal Birds".

The Outro should start "End of Section 9".

(There are also some minor clics, pauses and a couple hesitations but none of these need editing. It's all part of the learning process. Practice will make things smoother. ) :D

Thank you Jasna! I can't tell how long of pauses to leave between segments... after each ingredient, after the whole list of ingredients, after punctuation (realizing maybe those are a bit excessive, but I was thinking if someone is trying to follow the recipe, or make notes, they might need time between things... :lol: ), between recipes... I think I had reduced some that seemed a bit more excessive than the others before uploading my first version, but didn't know if I should edit down the whole thing, and decided to wait to see what you said/suggested. But, yes, I think overall this will just take a bit of practice.

I definitely got confused with the Intro wording. Thank you for clarifying! :-) Instructions say I can give my name, location, and date. Not sure why I had my name in both intro and outro before. I have simply moved it to the end, now.

As for the missing word "it" at 3:07... and I understand these kinds of things are why we have PL's... but good grief! It's difficult to read something that is totally unnatural to say! Haha! This doesn't even seem to be antiquated wording. It is just strange phrasing, overall. lol

The clicks that are heard are my tapping to scroll down between recipes. I have figured out downloading it to an extra phone, to make life easier on all of us. Haha!
(And I know you guys don't need a commentary about all my corrections... I'll try to keep it to a minimum. :lol: )

I know this is your part in this project, Jasna, but thank you for your time in helping to correct my (our) mistakes! :D
SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

Sorry for my delay. I've got so many projects... I want to do everything at once... Time, somehow (and frustratingly), doesn't work that way. <sigh> Been working on reorganizing my kitchen which is where I have my recording setup... I need to get an office chair in here so I can work on my laptop more comfortably.

Think I have figured out how to read my book portions, so I won't have my tap-tapping... :D

And I need to figure out still how to run a macro to do all my post-stuff.

So, here is my new and improved Section 9. I did some other minor editing, while I was fixing the noted mistakes. Slight improvements, but nothing anyone else is likely to notice. Haha!
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/favoriterecipes_9_blake_128kb.mp3 (8:59)

I will try getting my Misc section done tonight or tomorrow! :)

~ felicia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

SunnyG wrote: July 11th, 2021, 6:50 pm Sorry for my delay. I've got so many projects... I want to do everything at once... Time, somehow (and frustratingly), doesn't work that way. <sigh> Been working on reorganizing my kitchen which is where I have my recording setup... I need to get an office chair in here so I can work on my laptop more comfortably.

Think I have figured out how to read my book portions, so I won't have my tap-tapping... :D

And I need to figure out still how to run a macro to do all my post-stuff.

So, here is my new and improved Section 9. I did some other minor editing, while I was fixing the noted mistakes. Slight improvements, but nothing anyone else is likely to notice. Haha!

~ felicia
Thank you so much!
Well, I know all about having so many projects going one. I try hard to limit my reading commitments, but with so many good projects, I find myself getting drawn in.

Anyway, we will have a report on this revision and look forward to having your other section.

~ Larry

SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

Well, I only have one other Librivox project, but want to get through this one first, as it is a little easier. I have other projects at home that are around to distract me. :lol: :lol:

I haven't gotten to my other section tonight, and now seem to be falling asleep. I will hopefully get the next section recorded tomorrow, and with any luck, have time to finish my own editing so I can get it uploaded.

~ felicia
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

:D
SunnyG wrote: July 11th, 2021, 6:50 pm

~ felicia
:D Thank you so much, Felicia! Section 9 is PL OK. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jasna

SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

Section 18, Miscellaneous. Ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/favoriterecipes_18_blake_128kb.mp3 (11:56)

Make mental note.... don't record in afternoons when dog wants treats! :roll: He walked in 3 times yesterday evening to get water!! In 15mins. I had to stop twice during recording while he was drinking and take out some of the clicking of his nails on the floor and rerecord once, I think,

Anyway... for better or worse, here it is! I feel like it has to be somewhat an improvement on my previous section. :lol: I think I have a temp wrong somewhere I have to rerecord, but I've spent enough time listening. I'm ready for you to have a go with it, Jasna. :D
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi happy to relinquish my section as this is near completion as my voice is just not up to recording at the moment due to being ill. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope that is ok.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
SunnyG

Post by SunnyG »

wib66 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 9:32 am Hi happy to relinquish my section as this is near completion as my voice is just not up to recording at the moment due to being ill. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope that is ok.
I think you had said it should take a few weeks for your voice to come back. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. That's definitely no fun. Not that I am in charge, but I don't see why we can't wait and give you more time.

But, if Larry wants to get the book moving, I'll be happy to pick up the final outstanding chapter. And hope you feel better sooner than later, Wib! (Do we call you Wib?)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

SunnyG wrote: July 13th, 2021, 9:02 am Section 18, Miscellaneous. Ready for PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/favoriterecipes_18_blake_128kb.mp3 (11:56)

Make mental note.... don't record in afternoons when dog wants treats! :roll: He walked in 3 times yesterday evening to get water!! In 15mins. I had to stop twice during recording while he was drinking and take out some of the clicking of his nails on the floor and rerecord once, I think,

Anyway... for better or worse, here it is! I feel like it has to be somewhat an improvement on my previous section. :lol: I think I have a temp wrong somewhere I have to rerecord, but I've spent enough time listening. I'm ready for you to have a go with it, Jasna. :D
Interruptions! Most of have to deal with those. :lol:
I've put this up Ready for PL

AND I've assigned you to Section 16.
Thanks so much for the offer. (You can call her Michele) :wink:
And she has a lot of other projects to keep her busy.

There are plenty of other recipe books on my slate, and will probably launch another one soon.

~ Larry