[COMPLETE] The Turquoise Story Book: Stories and Legends of Summer and Nature, by Ada M. and Eleanor L. Skinner - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

Atchala wrote: July 1st, 2021, 3:01 pm
Atchala wrote: June 24th, 2021, 8:31 pm
Aysh wrote: June 20th, 2021, 4:16 am

Hi,

Thanks for the recordings. Here are my PL notes:

Section 7:
4 seconds of silence at the beginning can be taken out
0:48 - Poet's name should appear after the title at 0:33
0:52 - 5 seconds of silence required at the end

Section 26:
5 seconds of silence at the beginning can be taken out
There's some heavy background noise that runs through the recording from 2:36-6:41

But everything else is good - thanks once again :)

Aysh
Hello Aysh,

Here are the updated links for section 7 and 26

Section 7:
00:51
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/turquoisestorybook_07_skinner_128kb.mp3

Section 26:
06:50
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/turquoisestorybook_26_skinner_128kb.mp3

I think I hit all the notes. If I missed something, please let me know.

Thank you!
Hello!

I just wanted to make sure my submissions were reviewed. I'm not sure how long it normally takes for reviews, so if there's an expected turn around time, please let me know.

Thank you.
Hi! Your submissions have not been reviewed as far as I know. Aysh (our DPL) has not been active for a couple of days, so you might want to expect a little wait (Not complete sure though). Usually, if there are a lot of sections to review, I PL a couple. Hope this helps!
Night

Post by Night »

Hello there,

If they're still available, I would like to read sections 91 The Dew Mother's Gift to the Rose and 93 Mignonette please.

For section 91, rather than The Dew Mother's Gift to the Rose Eleanor (as it's titled in the Magic Window and Contents), the section title is actually The Dew Mother's Gift to the Rose and the name Eleanor is the author (Eleanor L. Skinner) but there was a typing error in the Contents section and part of the author's name shifted towards the title instead. So, for the intro, I will use The Dew Mother's Gift to the Rose.

Thank you for your time and have a good day/night.
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

Night wrote: July 1st, 2021, 8:01 pm Hello there,

If they're still available, I would like to read sections 91 The Dew Mother's Gift to the Rose and 93 Mignonette please.

For section 91, rather than The Dew Mother's Gift to the Rose Eleanor (as it's titled in the Magic Window and Contents), the section title is actually The Dew Mother's Gift to the Rose and the name Eleanor is the author (Eleanor L. Skinner) but there was a typing error in the Contents section and part of the author's name shifted towards the title instead. So, for the intro, I will use The Dew Mother's Gift to the Rose.

Section 91 is yours!
Thank you for catching the error, I've just fixed it. :D
Night

Post by Night »

RomaSingh wrote: July 1st, 2021, 8:11 pm

Section 91 is yours!
Thank you very much!

If still available, may I also have section 93 Mignonette please?
slavictatra

Post by slavictatra »

Hi, may I please claim story 98, Robin Goodfellow?
I've almost finished my third contribution "Allah" from another project, and would love to start on a short story when I'm done with the poem tomorrow :)

Kind regards
tecumseh

Post by tecumseh »

Here is my recording of Morning Glories, the duration is 1 minute 49 seconds

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/turquoisestorybook_73_skinner_128kb.mp3

Any feedback would be welcome.
leeann

Post by leeann »

cleosteinhauser

Post by cleosteinhauser »

Hi!
I've been having trouble with Audacity and I've been trying to figure it out but I think it's going to be awhile until I can record again. Could I release my hold on section 88 The Yellow-Bird (poem)?
Thank you!
oogiesragdoll

Post by oogiesragdoll »

May I please have section 84 A Little Heartsense? I'll also pick up section 88 from the other reader that is releasing it, if you would like.
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

Night wrote: July 1st, 2021, 8:44 pm
RomaSingh wrote: July 1st, 2021, 8:11 pm

Section 91 is yours!
Thank you very much!

If still available, may I also have section 93 Mignonette please?
Of course!
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

slavictatra wrote: July 1st, 2021, 11:31 pm Hi, may I please claim story 98, Robin Goodfellow?
I've almost finished my third contribution "Allah" from another project, and would love to start on a short story when I'm done with the poem tomorrow :)

Kind regards
Have fun!
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

tecumseh wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 2:53 am Here is my recording of Morning Glories, the duration is 1 minute 49 seconds

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/turquoisestorybook_73_skinner_128kb.mp3

Any feedback would be welcome.
Ready for PL!
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

leeann wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 7:20 am Here's Section 22, The Princess Moonbeam

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/turquoisestorybook_22_skinner_128kb.mp3
5:03
In the MW for proof-listening. :D
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

cleosteinhauser wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 8:08 am Hi!
I've been having trouble with Audacity and I've been trying to figure it out but I think it's going to be awhile until I can record again. Could I release my hold on section 88 The Yellow-Bird (poem)?
Thank you!
Thanks for letting me know. Hope your Audacity will get fixed!
RomaSingh

Post by RomaSingh »

oogiesragdoll wrote: July 2nd, 2021, 9:40 am May I please have section 84 A Little Heartsense? I'll also pick up section 88 from the other reader that is releasing it, if you would like.
All yours!