COMPLETE - MARCH to the FINISH LINE - 2021 Cleanup Month

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

KevinS wrote: March 25th, 2021, 6:46 am Cambridge Medieval History, Volume 1 by J. B. Bury

Just one section open now!
All filled up now!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Children in the Abbey looks full now!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I have one orphan in "During the Persecution". The other two chapters needed have been promised for this weekend.
So, assuming that happens, if I could get a really quick turnaround on this chapter, the project could be cataloged this month! Would prefer a submission by Monday at the latest to give time to catalog.

About 3200 words. You can claim it here if interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83193
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

m8b1 wrote: March 26th, 2021, 2:41 pm I have one orphan in "During the Persecution". The other two chapters needed have been promised for this weekend.
So, assuming that happens, if I could get a really quick turnaround on this chapter, the project could be cataloged this month! Would prefer a submission by Monday at the latest to give time to catalog.

About 3200 words. You can claim it here if interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83193
Life in the Tower? I'll do it.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

A Medley of Weather-Lore is cataloged. :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

NINE projects cataloged (so far) today!

Edit: make that an even 10. :lol:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

27 March - 5 Days to Go. Start the countdown!

147 items - yes, 11 more than yesterday - cataloged so far this month. We're closing in on the record for any month ever at Librivox! Great work!

I'm working on a catch-phrase to celebrate this. Something like: Veni, Libri, Catalogi might not quite be grammatically correct. To be plural, I think this has to be Venimus, Librimus, Catalogimus. Perhaps: Venimus, Voximus, Catalogimus? Or maybe Catalogimus should be Releacimus....

Thanks, Todd
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm going to miss Mornings with Todd.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

I think the strain of overwork is beginning to affect Todd, he is starting to think in Latin :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

The following have new orphans:

On by Hilaire Belloc (1 Section open)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=82950

Mostly About Nibble the Bunny by John Breck (1 Sections open)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=85076

Birds of Song and Story, by Elizabeth Grinnell (1 Section open)
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=85655

The Negro Laborer: A Word to Him, by William H. Councill (1 Section open)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=85898

~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

28 March - 4 Days to Go!

This morning, we are at 154 items cataloged so far this month - just one below the previous 155 item record set back in July 2016. Drum roll please.

A couple of single orphan section items snuck in overnight; surely we can fill these again quickly and then complete them? Is not "Nibble the Bunny" the perfect book for the season - I mean, it must be about chocolate bunny ears, right?

Thanks, Todd

(NOTE to Alan and Kevin: I was looking forward at the end of the month to not having to arise so early each day to check fulls and completions on this project that it sometimes looks like I have shifted a couple time zones East. Still too dark for safe rowing by an hour or so.... But maybe I can find some way to continue an occasional "Mane Apud Todd" message just for you two....)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

ToddHW wrote: March 27th, 2021, 3:20 am 27 March - 5 Days to Go. Start the countdown!

147 items - yes, 11 more than yesterday - cataloged so far this month. We're closing in on the record for any month ever at Librivox! Great work!

I'm working on a catch-phrase to celebrate this. Something like: Veni, Libri, Catalogi might not quite be grammatically correct. To be plural, I think this has to be Venimus, Librimus, Catalogimus. Perhaps: Venimus, Voximus, Catalogimus? Or maybe Catalogimus should be Releacimus....

Thanks, Todd
I will offer Venimus Legimus Finivimus as an acceptable Latin alternative here. Maybe not as catchy as your options though :mrgreen: I will miss the Mane apud Todd as well though.

ETA: We are now at 155, tied with the record.
Leni
=================
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And now we are at 156! A new winner - with still more than 3 days to go!

Veni, Voxi, Maxi Libri!

(Leni - since we are not yet done, I could not use your motto suggestion.)

I think we broke the old record with the book https://librivox.org/what-shall-we-do-by-leo-tolstoy/ which perhaps could be actually asking us "What Shall We Do Next?"

Thanks, Todd