COMPLETE Il fantasma di Canterville by Oscar Wilde - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 4th, 2021, 7:28 am
Iunta4Ios wrote: December 29th, 2020, 8:15 am
Rapunzelina wrote: December 29th, 2020, 7:49 am Thank you, Marzia! Could you write a short summary/description for your project to have for the catalogue?
Just a question: In what language? Better in Italian, since it is read in Italian?
Pier.
Ps. Marzia,
I suppose you will do it, but let me know otherwise.
Hi Pier! Since you offered, and I haven't heard back from Marzia, would you like to write something short and simple in Italian, just so that there is something in the catalogue page?
Sure, I will propose something!
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Rapunzelina here is my proposal:
"Questo progetto è nato dall’idea di un gruppo di lavoro che ha dedicato le ore lavoro del loro “Annual Day of Caring”, per organizzare la lettura di un libro in italiano.
I due romanzi di Oscar Wilde sono scritti con lo spirito ironico che contraddistingue questo autore: Nel primo un classico fantasma caratterizzato dalla più tradizionale mentalità britannica sarà costretto a fronteggiare l’imperturbabile spirito realistico della famiglia americana che ha rilevato il castello in cui risiede.
Nel secondo a un Lord inglese viene predetto che di macchierà di un omicidio. Il lord fa invano di tutto per liberarsi dell’ingrato vaticinio cercando di compiere un omicidio “gentile” verso qualcuno che non abbia a soffrirne troppo, fino a che invece…."

Marzia, of course if you read this, propose any change you think advisable, especially regarding your group!
Pier
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you! How do I say "Summary by Pier" in Italian?
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Rapunzelina wrote: February 6th, 2021, 10:09 am Thank you! How do I say "Summary by Pier" in Italian?
"Compendio di Pier"
Compendio means short summary.
Pier
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

:thumbs: Thank you, Pier!

I have started the cataloguing process!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Pier and Rapunzelina, I must apologize with you.
I had a difficult and tough period, now it's better, and I want to thank you for the passion and support given to our project.

I want to share a special thank to Pier that wrote a beautiful summary explaining the purpose of our project and had the patience to listen all our records, and to Rapunzelina for all the suggestions she gave us.

:clap: you were special, really
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Glad to see you back and well, Marzia! :9:
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

LaMolly wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 1:42 pm Pier and Rapunzelina, I must apologize with you.
I had a difficult and tough period, now it's better, and I want to thank you for the passion and support given to our project.

I want to share a special thank to Pier that wrote a beautiful summary explaining the purpose of our project and had the patience to listen all our records, and to Rapunzelina for all the suggestions she gave us.

It was really a pleasure to participate to your project.
I just hope that you and someone of your group will be tempted to participate to some new project.
Have a look to " la Mandragola" for instance, where I am waiting for a Messer Nicia
Pier
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

I've just check if there are new open projects, but what about to open a new one?
Do you think is it possible to read "Il giornalino di Gian Burrasca"?
https://www.liberliber.it/online/autori/autori-b/luigi-bertelli-detto-vamba/il-giornalino-di-gian-burrasca/

For Messer Nicia I try to ask Alessandro
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

LaMolly wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 2:16 pm I've just check if there are new open projects, but what about to open a new one?
Do you think is it possible to read "Il giornalino di Gian Burrasca"?
https://www.liberliber.it/online/autori/autori-b/luigi-bertelli-detto-vamba/il-giornalino-di-gian-burrasca/

For Messer Nicia I try to ask Alessandro
Thanks for asking Alessandro.
Gian burrasca why not? I must have a look at the text. If possible I would propose to make it in a " dramatic " way, each carachter speaking is part as In a drama, and the story illustrated by a "narrator" . This would require someone rearranging the text, but I wouldn't mind do do it.
Pier
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

This edition in Liber Liber is from 1953. If you can find one from 1925 or earlier to be in the public domain and safe for Librivox. :hmm:
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Marzia, Rapunzelina,
I just point out that there is already a version of "Gian Burrasca" on LVX:
https://librivox.org/il-giornalino-di-gian-burrasca-by-vamba/

In any case, I think there is nothing wrong with proposing a further reading. By the way, in the link I indicated there is also a reference to the text used for reading.

Wanting to do something different, one could, as I mentioned, make a "dramatic" reading, that is a voice (who will be the reader who plays Giannino) would read the text of Giannino's diary, and other readers would read the interventions by the various characters, such as his sister, his mom etc.

This, however, would require a specific preparation of the text, identifying the parts that must be read by different readers etc. which requires some commitment. I have never done this type of work, but if you are interested I could try to help you.
Pier
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Iunta4Ios wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 1:38 am
I love your idea, but before starting I think we have to understand how many "voices" we need
LaMolly

Post by LaMolly »

Iunta4Ios wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 2:06 pm
LaMolly wrote: March 22nd, 2021, 1:42 pm Pier and Rapunzelina, I must apologize with you.

It was really a pleasure to participate to your project.
I just hope that you and someone of your group will be tempted to participate to some new project.
Have a look to " la Mandragola" for instance, where I am waiting for a Messer Nicia
Pier
Alessandro likes the idea to be Messer Nicia, but in this particular moment he really has no time to give his ok