COMPLETE[PLAY]The Princess and the Butterfly by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

I'd like to read Mrs. St. Roche, please.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: March 16th, 2021, 5:44 am I'd like to read Mrs. St. Roche, please.
hooking up with Alan yet again I see...can't resist his charme :mrgreen:

thanks, TJ !

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:54 am
benderca wrote: March 16th, 2021, 5:44 am I'd like to read Mrs. St. Roche, please.
hooking up with Alan yet again I see...can't resist his charme :mrgreen:

thanks, TJ !

Sonia
Ha! I didn't even notice that... but, yes, his charm is rather irresistible. I played Alan's wife in my very first play here at Librivox :D (although I'm playing his nephew in The Story Girl, so... it's complicated. :lol: ).
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:59 amHa! I didn't even notice that... but, yes, his charm is rather irresistible. I played Alan's wife in my very first play here at Librivox :D (although I'm playing his nephew in The Story Girl, so... it's complicated. :lol: ).
was that where you were the rather tipsy old lady ? :mrgreen:

and yes, don't tell me about complicated relationships...I think I already played the daughter, sister, mistress, wife and even MOTHER of Todd in several plays. (probably forgot some family relationships still) These things can only be pulled in audiobooks :lol:

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

benderca wrote: March 16th, 2021, 6:59 am Ha! I didn't even notice that... but, yes, his charm is rather irresistible. I played Alan's wife in my very first play here at Librivox :D (although I'm playing his nephew in The Story Girl, so... it's complicated. :lol: ).
Not sure I have ever been credited with having charm before, must be the anonymity of the internet.
I am playing 3 roles in this play so I have 2 wives. Is this bigamy? :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: March 16th, 2021, 7:09 amI am playing 3 roles in this play so I have 2 wives. Is this bigamy? :lol:
more like a multiple personality disorder :lol:
But as long as you don't turn into: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_(2016_American_film) all is well.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: March 16th, 2021, 7:02 am and yes, don't tell me about complicated relationships...I think I already played the daughter, sister, mistress, wife and even MOTHER of Todd in several plays. (probably forgot some family relationships still) These things can only be pulled in audiobooks :lol:

Sonia
Don't forget Mother-in-Law.

And, of course, in every case I get berated and humbled and just incessantly picked on from first line to last.

Thanks (I guess), Todd
dianahkennedy

Post by dianahkennedy »

Username to be read as "DianaHKennedy"
Please use Diana Helen Kennedy as voice credit - thank you!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Kitty wrote: March 16th, 2021, 5:04 am some roles I wonder why they are even created, just for such a tiny appearance :lol: but thank you, David, for stepping in here and giving us a great French accent. :thumbs: Both parts are PL ok (though Old people comes only in at 83 dB...I'll make a note for Todd. May only be because of the long silence)

Sonia
I'm glad you liked the French accent, Sonia! Please ping me if there is anything I need to do with respect to the "old people" file; now that my parts are PL OK for this play, I am no longer watching this thread.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 16th, 2021, 11:40 amDon't forget Mother-in-Law.
when was I your mother-in-law ? :hmm:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

dianahkennedy wrote: March 16th, 2021, 1:21 pmMrs. Sabiston ready to go: May be an issue with the pronunciation of Mrs. St. Roche's name in Act 1.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessandthebutterfly_mrssabiston_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessandthebutterfly_mrssabiston_2.mp3
delightfully done, Dianah, I really enjoyed the performance and character you put into it. I had to grin each time she mentions food, it seems to be her main concern in life :lol:

Both Acts PL ok. I wanted to mention the voice credit in act 1, because it wasn't our standard way of saying it, but I see you included the correct one in Act 2, so I'll make a note for Todd to use that one. Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, here is my first act for Lady Ringstead, I hope you like her. She does age with grace and humour, though she pretends to be blazé. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessandthebutterfly_lady_ringstead_1.mp3
Recording time: 10:40 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Grace and humour - and a stiletto at the ready....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 17th, 2021, 6:00 amGrace and humour - and a stiletto at the ready....
tut, tut, tut, as if I needed that...

here is the much shorter Act 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessandthebutterfly_lady_ringstead_3.mp3
Recording time: 2:30 min.

Sonia