Voiceover: The Language of My Dreams - LibriVox Newbie

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
SkyborneLove

Post by SkyborneLove »

Hello everyone!! I'm new to LibriVox and just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm an aspiring voice actor (have been one since I was twelve, ever since I heard a Japanese voiceover artist in Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood... a long story that led me to study Japanese language and Recording Arts & Multimedia in college!!) I may have a bit of a recording background, but I'm still new to recording my voice, as I've been a fairly shy person my whole life. But making up voices of characters while I read when I was a child was a passion of mine, and I've told stories through voice, video, and music: #shameless self plug, check out my YouTube channel called TheLightsWeKeepInside... it's still newish and I haven't decided what to use it for but I've been uploading more things there-- most of the playlists are for music I'd listen to years ago. I wanted to be an actor as a child (but I was too busy finding plants and bugs outside and reading with my nose stuck in a book).

I grew up in a household where verbal abusive-ness was the norm, and (beyond traumas) it damaged my trust in people. But I grew, once again, to love storytelling and the magical ability it has to bring people together and to allow that to show in my person.

Last-minute decision, before going to college I changed my major from Biology to Japanese (and then went on a path of making my own storytelling major). I found out last year that I have bipolar disorder, and have struggled with depression and anxiety my whole life-- it's nothing new to wake up and feel hopeless or worthless... but voiceover and music have been something I've been passionate about my whole life, and I want to jump in and try some action. My blog is @bravelyloud at Wordpress.com. I know the power one voice can have-- it changed MY life, for sure. Sorry for the shameless self plugs!!

EDIT: The goal is to produce audiobooks, or any other form of voice acting. I can't wait!!! :)

Thanks for your eyes!!
--Sky :D
GraceBuchanan

Post by GraceBuchanan »

Dear Sky,
Welcome! I can't wait to see what you accomplish here! I love your statement about storytelling and the "magical ability it has to bring people together and to allow that to show in my person."

May your storytelling bring you healing insight as you decide how to respond to your diagnoses. May your commitment to your passions enliven you through your challenges. May you be enriched by all that you find here. LibriVox is full of people who are eager to help you grow and express yourself.

Hoping to see you around,
Grace
My LibriVox publications

All Listeners: I welcome all feedback including word-perfect proofing
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

SkyborneLove wrote: March 1st, 2021, 5:34 pm Hello everyone!!

--Sky :D
Welcome, Sky! Keep your own Sun happy! ⛅
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄