Complete [SOLO] A Last Diary by W. N. P. Barbellion-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Thanks so much Amy! I think I've changed it now! ^^

All very best,
Adam

P.S. Have you gone away at all this summer?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

You're welcome, Adam.
I haven't gone anywhere. The growing season is pretty short in this part of Maine so I am staying put for a while, and enjoying the green growing things. :mrgreen:
How about you?
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

I haven't, been very busy with Extinction Rebellion to tell the truth!

I got quite emotional reading this part... :cry:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lastdiary_03_barbellion_128kb.mp3
Time = 28:27
Size = 26mb
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

The extinction rebellion is amazing! It gives me hope.
Section 3 is PL OK. It is emotional to listen to. I can see how it must be hard to read but that's how you bring it to life and why your narration is stunning.
Thanks, Adam!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Aw thanks Amy, you're so kind! Even if it's only you listening, then it'd still be worthwhile! ^^

All kindest,
Adam

P.S. Extinction Rebellion isn't perfect, but we have been very fast-growing and, I think tactically and ethically, has generally been successful! :) It helps give me some hope too!
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Sorry it has taken me so long to update. I got arrested with XR (aggravated trespass, which I'm contesting since the police took away our ladder to get down from a roof and we were then arrested for not getting down before they said) and then Coronavirus happened, which has hit hard (thankfully no direct relatives killed, but members of my Unitarian congregation and other personal tragedy on my partner's side). All this is to say that it has been a hard time to find focus on Barbellion, but I plan to record again within the next month or so. Thanks for your patience! How are things with you Amy? I hope you have been able to stay safe and as healthy as can be expected in these very trying times.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

It is great to hear from you, Adam! I am glad you are okay. These days I am not sure which is more dangerous, the virus or the police. I can't believe they took your ladder. The world is going to hell.
All is well here under my rock. Although there were Trump supporters out waving signs in town. It makes me want to vomit. What is wrong with those people?
I look forward to listening to you whenever you have a chance.
Keep yourself safe! Who know what is coming next. I am waiting for the sky to rain frogs or something like that.
Cheers,
-Amy
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Well... that was a hard year. My case got thrown out of court at least, but both my partner and myself had Corona. We got over it however - though both still get some chest pains! To escape Brexit we also relocxated to the Netherlands last month! I hope you are okay Amy. I can get back on with this now... !
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I am so glad you and your partner are okay, Adam. Mine has asthma so I am terrified, but we are untouched so far. The Netherlands will be nice bet. I wonder when the tulips bloom.
I'm glad to see 2020 go but 2021 is starting out with the most deaths. But with the vaccine maybe it will come in like a lion and out like a lamb, as they say. I really don't like to be pessimistic.
I am sure you saw what happened here today at the Capitol. I don't know where this is all going to go, but they better remove him from office straight into a jail cell. It can't be tolerated. Those were the people who should have been tear gassed and shot in my opinion.
I have to admit that it is all so frightening- the virus and the violence. I won't keep going on about it.

I look forward to listening to you. It will be a bright spot!
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

I'm sorry it's been so long, Amy. I hope you and your partner are both still okay. It's been such a year of it. Hopefully things are settling down a bit now and you enjoy the new recording!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lastdiary_04_barbellion_128kb.mp3

Time is 20 mins and 11 secs and size is 27.7 MB :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Adam,
What a treat! I will take you outside with me today while I enjoy the day and get some things done. All the trees are blooming right now and I feel like I am in an enchanted fairyland! So far 2021 is being kind and generous. Last year we had severe frosts in teens and it killed most of the flower buds and there were hardly any apples. It was another bad 2020 thing. I think the trees all feel pressed to make some seeds so everyone who can bloom is. I grafted the prunings all around in some wild trees so if they take even the crabapples will have a random branch of large apples one day. I am incredibly thankful for each day like this, believe me. It is more than I every dreamed of.
I hope 2021 has been beautiful for you and your partner and will give you all that you want and be gentle.
I'm heading out now. Have a fantastic day!
-Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Adam,
Section 4 is PL OK. I loved the imagery of him crawling with a dagger between his teeth. He was a powerful writer.
Cheers!
-Amy
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Hi Amy - how have you been over the Summer? I'll have another recording with you soon! :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Adam,
So far so good! The apples are coming in now. There are too many! I guess it is a good problem.
I hope you had a good summer.
Thanks!
-Amy :D :D
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

ergle bergle - sorry this took me so long. I was in hospital briefly not long after my claims of an upload... and then got Covid! I'm feeling much better now though and keen to finish up. Hope you've managed to keep more well than me Amy!! Nothing like poor Barbellion though.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/lastdiary_05_barbellion_128kb.mp3